Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

battery update latest firmware problem

Anzacjack

Reaction score
Ive just update firmware and app etc.
Im checking the firmware version chart against all the individual firmware and i see that the batteries have not updated.
My older batteries are on V0.0.15.0 and my 2 brand new batteries are still on V0.0.14.0
the chart list that they should be on V0.0.16.0

everything else is as it should be for latest update. Update was done via sd card

anyone else noticing this?

boa tarde.
comprei o EVO 2 RTK e já soube que nesta ultima versão de firware as fotos não tem o EXIF certo!
aguardo que corrigam isso rápidamente.

Ive just update firmware and app etc.
Im checking the firmware version chart against all the individual firmware and i see that the batteries have not updated.
My older batteries are on V0.0.15.0 and my 2 brand new batteries are still on V0.0.14.0
the chart list that they should be on V0.0.16.0

everything else is as it should be for latest update. Update was done via sd card

anyone else noticing this?
you know you should update for each battery in part...put on SD CARD the firmware again, update another battery...then put on SD card the firmware again....and so on, as after each update the firmware is deleted from SD Card.
After Update, look at the messages on remote, you should see the battery with a checked V green.

you know you should update for each battery in part...put on SD CARD the firmware again, update another battery...then put on SD card the firmware again....and so on, as after each update the firmware is deleted from SD Card.
After Update, look at the messages on remote, you should see the battery with a checked V green.
Why should I do this update? What advantages does it have over the old one? Will it manage batteries better? Can you tell me where to get the update for the Evo 1? Thanks.

I just had a battery go from 93% to zero in a matter of seconds this morning. Scary auto-landing. Luckily my v.1 AE2 Pro retained enough override control that I could put it down on the shoulder of the roadway some minutes hike away and traffic was light. Kept 2nd flight close while testing 2nd battery‐- knew better than to send it so it wasn't but about 50' away when I got "Damaged Battery" warning and I got it back on the landing pad... but also immediate auto-landing situation. All 3 of my batteries were updated to battery f/w v.0.0.22.0 after this issue first arose last year. The individual cells all read good at 4.05vdc for 1st battery, 3.93 for 2nd, but both reading 0% on the telemetry controller. My AE2 Pro 6k is v.1 and the Explorer app is v.1.1.8.25

I just had a battery go from 93% to zero in a matter of seconds this morning. Scary auto-landing. Luckily my v.1 AE2 Pro retained enough override control that I could put it down on the shoulder of the roadway some minutes hike away and traffic was light. Kept 2nd flight close while testing 2nd battery‐- knew better than to send it so it wasn't but about 50' away when I got "Damaged Battery" warning and I got it back on the landing pad... but also immediate auto-landing situation. All 3 of my batteries were updated to battery f/w v.0.0.22.0 after this issue first arose last year. The individual cells all read good at 4.05vdc for 1st battery, 3.93 for 2nd, but both reading 0% on the telemetry controller. My AE2 Pro 6k is v.1 and the Explorer app is v.1.1.8.25
I bought my Evo II Pro RTK V2 in November 2022, my Enterprise in April 2023. They both have been stable from day one without any updates. I refuse to be a guinea pig for my $9K investment, especially from the horror stories of updates and from online postings of contacting Autel support.

I've invested about $1800 in all my batteries. They have also been stable since new. I'm not updating anything unless they can prove to all users that the updates are stable and there's an easy way to revert back to the previous version. I always rotate my battery use and charge all batteries that I plan to use the night before. My flight times usually average about 25 minutes, 30 minutes if I push beyond the first low battery warning at 20%.

I like my V2 Evo's and they are my first mapping drones. Autel has (or had) a good product in the Evo II V2 's. It's sad that they aren't produced anymore. I'd like to maybe upgrade to the Max4T/4N or maybe even the Dragonfish series at some point, but from what I've seen, Autel can't focus on one model for a stable product without inventing another model before the previous model is complete. For now I'll use my stable Evo's, at some point I'll move on from Autel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve A
Hey Eberls, are you just trolling me? Though I've not been here for awhile I was once very engaged with this forum in trying to assist people with problems related to firmware and software bugs on the AEII platform much like the one I'm now having myself. I'd ask you to please delete your unhelpful post

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials