Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery or Bird failure

Btaylor9301

Reaction score
HELP!?!?

What happened??

I was flying a way point mission, pre-scouted area for any obstruction, nothing within 1/2 mile.

Upon completion of the mission I had 57% battery life. Bird rose to 300 ft. which was the programmed altitude. Immediately upon reaching 300 feet the battery dropped from 57% to 9%, no warning just an immediate drop.

Bird went into auto land mode. I was then losing 1% battery life about every 20 feet. At 52 ft. (AGL), battery was completely dead and the bird fell out of the sky.

The other odd thing is the longitude/latitude crash coordinates were wrong. I never found the bird.

I have watched my flight path video over and over again. Everything is fine up until the climb to return altitude. I have never had any battery or bird issues before.

I have had constant issues with the new firmware but never anything flight related.

Any ideas what happened?

I called Autel Customer Service but got no answer. I left a voicemail for a return call, but no one ever called back.

HELP!?!?

What happened??
I was flying a way point mission, pre-scouted area for any obstruction, nothing within 1/2 mile.
Upon completion of the mission I had 57% battery life. Bird rose to 300 ft. which was the programmed altitude. Immediately upon reaching 300 feet the battery dropped from 57% to 9%, no warning just an immediate drop.
Bird went into auto land mode. I was then losing 1% battery life about every 20 feet. At 52 ft. (AGL), battery was completely dead and the bird fell out of the sky.
The other odd thing is the longitude/latitude crash coordinates were wrong. I never found the bird.
I have watched my flight path video over and over again. Everything is fine up until the climb to return altitude. I have never had any battery or bird issues before.
I have had constant issues with the new firmware but never anything flight related.
Any ideas what happened?
I called Autel Customer Service but got no answer. I left a voicemail for a return call, but no one ever called back.
Condolences. It sounds like a similar situation I encountered 6 weeks ago or so. Albeit, not with a severe an ending. I still had my bird so I could execute their requests. In the end, the battery was inop and they replaced it. Since you don;t have the bird, I'm not sure what they are going to tell you. Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

I had this same thing happen to me. My drone was about 52% power while flying back to the house. About 300 ft away from landing it immediately went to 1% power and went into a forced landing. My drone crashed into a wooded area. It took me two days to find it. It was in a tree about 75 ft above the ground. I had to cut the tree down to get the drone. Autel replaced the shell, landing legs and one motor. They replaced the battery as well. Also, I told them I had 3 other batteries that were showing signs of swelling, they replaced those as well.
Hopefully you can find the drone so you can get it sent in to Autel Service. If you find it, they will take care of you.
Best of luck to you.

Talked to Dave with Autel Customer Service today, amazing guy!

Dave asked for some documents, I emailed him what he requested. Dave responded within minutes ( literally) and had my issue resolved within 30 minutes.

I can’t say enough about Dave and Autel, AWESOME!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials