Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

battery not discharging

soks

Reaction score
Hi,
My Evo Lite+ batteries do not auto discharge after 3 days. I just checked drone, after a week of not using it, two not used batteries are still 100%. What the? I have checked, in app i have option enabled (and for some reason, even if i turn that off it goes back on after going out of settings and into the settings again). Any suggestions?

Hi,

same issue here. 10 days after charge the battery's they stays full. I've checked the self discharge function and it is ON. I've noticed that, if I turn OFF the option of self discharge, the go back one step in the menu and then click ot battery tab again, the option is ON. Test it multiple times on three batteries. Same results. In fact, that mean that there is no way to turn OFF the self discharge function which is not working...

Look like a firmware bug to me and i hope soon fix to be released.

Reactions: soks
I have the same problem and wrote too autel here is the response

Thank you for contacting us.

According to your discription, we recommend that you try the following steps:
Replace the charging cable and adapter to confirm if the problem still exists.
Check whether the battery firmware version is the latest version, you can refer to this link to check the firmware version:
V1.8.3 Release Notes-Autel Robotics Enterprise Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones

My drone is 3 month old no way i am paying for a new adpter and even worse none of them are available in Canada. So wrtie to Autel maybe this will help all of us

Thx

I have the same problem and wrote too autel here is the response

Thank you for contacting us.

According to your discription, we recommend that you try the following steps:
Replace the charging cable and adapter to confirm if the problem still exists.
Check whether the battery firmware version is the latest version, you can refer to this link to check the firmware version:
V1.8.3 Release Notes-Autel Robotics Enterprise Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones

My drone is 3 month old no way i am paying for a new adpter and even worse none of them are available in Canada. So wrtie to Autel maybe this will help all of us

Thx
Hi,

I wrote to Autel support and still haven't received any response. As it looks, it's a firmware bug and our only hope is to be fix with the next update.

By the way, I'm not an admirer of that function regarding the safety. On my dji drone where it working I try to avoid the triggering of self discharge. I'm not really comfortable knowing a LiPo battery heating itself while seating home and I'm not close to watching it. So what I do is, landing around 30% battery, put on the charger for a bit to reaches 50-70 % and leave it like that. It's the better practice then to charge it full, wait some time and slowly discharge and heat itself without observation.

I'll post the answer of Autel support, if I receive one.

i have wrote to them. I Wonder how many more bugs there are in the FW/APP.

Reactions: ADOC
Hi

They want me to send the drone for repair???? , waiting now too see if they will take care of the shipping, Its only a 3 months old drone and shipping it from Canada will be expensive

Hi

They want me to send the drone for repair???? , waiting now too see if they will take care of the shipping, Its only a 3 months old drone and shipping it from Canada will be expensive
OMG , they want the drone to fix problem with the battery's... it's getting interesting...

i think it's a standard response.
I have reported a panorama bug, where if you setup a height limit in app, then reach that limit you will not be able to take Pano. Descend few m and all works good. Clearly a software bug, yet they wanted me to send the drone. I have not agreed, it's ridiculous.

Hi,

Its sad the lite+ has great qualites, i love the camera and the flight time, i will fly it today and try too drain the batteries i have the bundle and the 3 batterys have the same issue. At least they did response now it wait and see

Good luck too you

Support asked me to send in the Drone. I have replied asking who is paying for shipment. I hope not me, since it will cost A LOT

I have send them all the info they asked now waiting for an answer, but i am sure its a app or firmware thing will see. But for sure i am not paying the shipping

Hi,
Believe me they will pay my drone is still under warranty,

From Autel During the warranty period, our company provides free quality assurance for product problems caused by product quality defects. And its my case it is product quality defect

I explicitly asked support about this:
Response:
If you have purchased Autel Care, then the return label is provided by us, if you have not purchased Autel Care, the cost of the return will be at your expense.

Yeah, that's the optional extender warranty plan. I've opted in when purchasing evo.

yes its the exented warranty, fror crash and drone lost. Our issue is none of that its should be under regular warranty, of course if the drone is less than 1 year old

Hi,

Got the same message that since i did not took Autel care i have to pay the shipping???? asked them too show me where it is mention on their website,,,,,still waiting for an answer, Shipping and duty will cost me more than a 100.00$, too have my drone repair under warranty and maybe i will have too pay duty whwn they send it back

and maybe i will have too pay duty whwn they send it back

i will not be sending in my drone, for the very reason. They should not ask for this, as this is clearly a software bug. They will not fix the bird in anyway at their service center, anyway.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials