Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Battery HUB

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
Hi Pilots! I have 4 batteries and charging one by one is really pain in the neck plus time consuming. I am watching Autel CES video and seems Autel hear our clamor for a multi charger. When any tip when it will be available? Thanks guys and gals for your responses.

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
One of Autels favorite answers when asked when something will be released is the word "soon"
there are many other ways to say soon. For example:
before long, in a short time, in a while, shortly, forthwith, presently, quickly, in a minute, in a second, in short order, in due time; see also someday.

They are not very good at giving dates, just know it will be here someday :)

Autelguy

Reaction score
I called Autel today, spoke to Jack to ask a couple questions..

1) I turned on my new Evo for the first time and got a firmware update message. I updated without any problems. The question is, do I have to perform a Compass Calibration even though I have yet to take a maiden flight? The answer was no. Only perform a Compass Calibration if you're prompted to. Performing a Compass Calibration without being prompted for one, could cause problems.

2) When is the multi charger going to be released? A week, month, 6 months? I was told at least a couple months but he could not give me any more information. He sounded like he was sick and tired of answering that question.

On a side note, I was able to take my maiden flight late this afternoon, and I am in love. What a quiet and responsive machine. I stayed in Precision mode and was blown away. Great video, tranquil low and slow. Towards the last few minutes I put in on Standard and if was still a pleasure to fly. Since I love those slow cinematic shots, I think Precision is going to be my default with EXP turned down to .25. I had a lot fun. I even got it to follow me around, way too much fun. I can't wait to delve into all it has to offer.

Hey Agustine, I think you and I were the only ones left on this forum who hadn't pulled the trigger. You're up brother. Trust me, it's a nice bird. I'm honestly very impressed. If you don't get one, we'll all just have to get a petition together to pitch in to buy you one :)

YuKay

Reaction score
Well said. My dear old mum said throughout her life that she hated Guinness. On her 80th birthday she confessed she had never tried it.

mixchief

Reaction score
Hi Pilots! I have 4 batteries and charging one by one is really pain in the neck plus time consuming. I am watching Autel CES video and seems Autel hear our clamor for a multi charger. When any tip when it will be available? Thanks guys and gals for your responses.
I believe the "multi Charge" works the same as the DJI one, it will still change the batteries one by one, the only troubleble it saves you is having to look and see when one so it's time to charge the other. Frankly to me that defeats the purpose and expense.

WayneH

Reaction score
I believe the "multi Charge" works the same as the DJI one, it will still change the batteries one by one, the only troubleble it saves you is having to look and see when one so it's time to charge the other. Frankly to me that defeats the purpose and expense.
Assuming you are referring to the two (possibly more) aftermarket multi-chargers that purport to be for the DJI Mavic, you need to look again. First, both are usable on the EVO with NO electrical mods, just removal of a small piece of plastic. Second, both will charge several batteries in parallel, in the same time the stock single-battery charger does one. I have one, and it charges three batteries, the RC, and a mobile device simultaneously. Been doing this for six months, with no problems...

Autelguy

Reaction score
Assuming you are referring to the two (possibly more) aftermarket multi-chargers that purport to be for the DJI Mavic, you need to look again. First, both are usable on the EVO with NO electrical mods, just removal of a small piece of plastic. Second, both will charge several batteries in parallel, in the same time the stock single-battery charger does one. I have one, and it charges three batteries, the RC, and a mobile device simultaneously. Been doing this for six months, with no problems...
Could you please post a link to the multi charger you're talking about? Is this the one you're referring to?

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Intelligent-Charging-Connection-protectors/dp/B01N7FYBDL/ref=asc_df_B01N7FYBDL/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312123494345&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14281276784595224830&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1014424&hvtargid=pla-567461473186&psc=1

mixchief

Reaction score
I am referring to the soon to be release (if it hasn't been already) Autel EVO multi-charger or battery hub, however they call it

Ansia

Part 107 Certified Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@WayneH
I am also interested to know if the charger @Autelguy posted is the charger you use. If is possible, can you post a photo of your mod to fit the Autel battery?

WayneH

Reaction score
EXACTAMUNDO! And, looks like the price has returned to the original, which is what I paid. Sure is a whole lot better than the competition.

WayneH

Reaction score
I am referring to the soon to be release (if it hasn't been already) Autel EVO multi-charger or battery hub, however they call it
FWIW, Autel has already described the manner in which this device will operate, in detail. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention, having already purchased a superior product (IMHO), but as I understand it sequentially charges multiple batteries to a point short of full, then "floats" the whole lot until they're full-up. I also am told the price will be around $100...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bago