Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

battery for x star

Yikes, I did a search of ebay and amazon, and banggood. Nothing. Maybe reach out to Autel customer service and see if they can help.

Yikes, I did a search of ebay and amazon, and banggood. Nothing. Maybe reach out to Autel customer service and see if they can help.
Autel stopped selling batteries for the XSP a while back.

great drone its a shame the company stopped making the battery they want you to buy the more ex one

Reactions: Tufargon
great drone its a shame the company stopped making the battery they want you to buy the more ex one
It's a hell of a drone. Not selling anymore batteries is what made me not buy another Autel product. I sold my XSP and bought a DJI Mavic Air 2. No worries about NFZ's in my area.

Reactions: Marcle
I have 3 batteries, 2 of them are untrustworthy so technically down to 1. It is a shame there are no more to be found. I did see a guy on one of the Facebook groups working to revive/replace X-Star batteries. No 3rd party battery manufacturers either like with DJI. It sucks because they are still good drones if a little outdated. 4k camera and native waypoints are still newer technologies however so it was ahead of the curve on that one...

It sucks that they basically orphaned the X star. I have two. One is brand new still in the carrying case! I’m selling both with two so,so batterie. Autel would give me 10% off a new evo ! Thanks a lot.
The jokes on them im buying a new mavic air. I’m not crazy over dji but what are you going to do. I have to find how you list something for sale here. Someone is gonna get a bargain!

It sucks that they basically orphaned the X star. I have two. One is brand new still in the carrying case! I’m selling both with two so,so batterie. Autel would give me 10% off a new evo ! Thanks a lot.
The jokes on them im buying a new mavic air. I’m not crazy over dji but what are you going to do. I have to find how you list something for sale here. Someone is gonna get a bargain!
Just list it under classified but good luck with selling them unless it is almost nothing. Do you have a price in mind?

I don't know Clyde, going to reach out to them today. I have a mint X-star premium with 2 controllers, camera filters, 2 cases and 2 chargers & 4 batteries and 3 of those are paperweights. Going to sell my drone if I cant get batteries.

With all due respect, if you don't know anything about that company why have you posted a link to their company 5x (I've removed 4 of them BTW) on our forum? That's kind of misleading wouldn't you say?

There will be a company that produces some batteries for us. There's too many X-Stars out there that needs batteries.

sure hope so people want a arm and leg for them
Yes, I noticed that people want $150 for a said "good" battery. I'll never buy a used battery for anything that leaves the ground for more than a few seconds.
I have learned that the size battery that the X-Star uses is more expensive than the normal 4900/5000mah LiPo cell. Hopefully they wont be too expensive when someone decides to build some. If so, I'll rebuild my own. I got my eyes on a pack that will work and they are of higher quality than the original battery from Autel.

Last edited:
Yes, I noticed that people want $150 for a said "good" battery. I'll never buy a used battery for anything that leaves the ground for more than a few seconds.
I have learned that the size battery that the X-Star uses is more expensive than the normal 4900/5000mah LiPo cell. Hopefully they wont be too expensive when someone decides to build some. If so, I'll rebuild my own. I got my eyes on a pack that will work and they are of higher quality than the original battery from Autel.
Do you have someone in mind that is going to get us batteries? A lot of us have tried the rebuilding with negative results. I hope you can come up with something positive. It seems that Autel has something in their firmware either in the battery or the drone that prevents us from rebuilding. We need someone to figure out how to delete the battery firmware and reset it to recognize the new cells that we install.

I have 3 XSP batteries and my XSP itself started acting up, so I got the EVO 2 Pro. The XSP disconnects from video at right around 1 minute, even sitting on my work bench. I've cleaned and re-cleaned contacts, so I suspect it is something else. Also, it began flying in a very erratic way. It's 5 years old and I wanted a new one anyway.

So, I have spare props, the drone, the controller and 3 batteries. 2 batteries are 2 years old and 1 is almost 3 years old.
They all show "Battery Life 100%". 1 has been charged 18 times, 1 has been charged 21 times, and 1 has been charged 15 times.

I can send pictures of the batteries info from about 2 weeks ago. Make me an offer.

I wrote to Max Amp Batteries last week about a rumor I had seen on another forum about them possibly taking over production of the batteries for our X-Stars. I was sad to hear this morning that they could not make it work. Here is the main issues they ran into:

Thank you for choosing MaxAmps for your RC needs. We recently received an older Autel battery to try and swap out the old cells for new. Unfortunately after getting the battery pack in house and testing out all of our current cell types we do not have a viable cell to fit the existing battery space. We work with a pool of existing cell types and unfortunately this specific size is not something we have a viable replacement candidate for.

If we were to attempt a replacement it would be about half of the capacity using the current cells available. While we would like to have a solution for you, it looks like we are not likely to have a viable replacement in the near future.

After hearing this, I think it is time for me to let mine go and move on. I do still have one working battery. No more Autel products for me.

I have been testing alternates and I have been able to make a 4000mah battery work and a 2200mah work. The 2200mah will fit back in the case. I have another one I am trying to test this weekend.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials