Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery charging

norbert

Reaction score
Hello,

I've just received my first drone which is EVO II PRO. I have one question about the batteries.

Let's say I finished my drone missions and I have 4 batteries at low level. I get back to home and should I always charge them to 100%? What if I charge them fully and then I am not going to use them for like a month or longer? Is it safe? Or should I always charge it to 50-60%, then after I am certain that I will need them soon, recharge them up to 100%?

I am new to drones and please be lenient :)

Hello,

I've just received my first drone which is EVO II PRO. I have one question about the batteries.

Let's say I finished my drone missions and I have 4 batteries at low level. I get back to home and should I always charge them to 100%? What if I charge them fully and then I am not going to use them for like a month or longer? Is it safe? Or should I always charge it to 50-60%, then after I am certain that I will need them soon, recharge them up to 100%?

Short answer....leave them discharged; LiPo batteries last longer if they are not kept fully charged. The typical sweet spot for LiPo batteries is around 15% or 20% charged. Once a month or so you should fully charge them to 100%; they will automatically discharge back down to 20% over the course of 6-10 days or you can take out the drone and fly each battery back down to around 20%.

Reactions: UasDriver
Hello,

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials