Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery charge level

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I tried finding the answer but couldn't.
Based on number of lights displayed by the battery, where is best to keep it for short term storage (like I wont use the drone for a week or two)

The sweet spot is 2 solid lights to 2 solid and the third blinking.
So just to clarify, If you just flew and the battery is around 20% but don't plan on flying again for maybe a week or so you should put the battery on the charger and then take it off at around 50% or charge it up fully and let it self regulate down to the 50% mark if you don't fly for let's say 2 weeks?

I've been flying rc electrics for a quite a few years, and have always been a little ocd with my lipo batteries. I usually charge up or discharge down to the recommended "storage" voltage of about 3.85v per cell when I'm done flying. I'm the same way with my EVO II batteries (especially at $200 a pop). If I had a battery at 20%, I'd charge it to around 50%. The only time I would charge to full is if I was certain I was going to be flying within a day or two. That's just me though.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I've been flying rc electrics for a quite a few years, and have always been a little ocd with my lipo batteries. I usually charge up or discharge down to the recommended "storage" voltage of about 3.85v per cell when I'm done flying. I'm the same way with my EVO II batteries (especially at $200 a pop). If I had a battery at 20%, I'd charge it to around 50%. The only time I would charge to full is if I was certain I was going to be flying within a day or two. That's just me though.
Sound advice. Something I have been doing for years. I still have batteries from my Yuneec Q500 drone that will give me 17-19 minutes of flight time. Normal is around 22 minutes. Those batteries are over 5 years old now.
Battery management is the most important thing you can do to help yourself from being one of those that said "Oh crap it just dropped from the sky for no reason" LOL

Reactions: John Hennessy
Sound advice. Something I have been doing for years. I still have batteries from my Yuneec Q500 drone that will give me 17-19 minutes of flight time. Normal is around 22 minutes. Those batteries are over 5 years old now.
Battery management is the most important thing you can do to help yourself from being one of those that said "Oh crap it just dropped from the sky for no reason" LOL
Ok, so a couple more questions then. You are supposed to attach the batteries to the multi charger and then when they are blinking about half way take them off? It's ok to stop a battery charging at half way? Does that mess with the amount of cycles you'll get from it overall? Thank you!!!

From my experience taking them off at about 50% has no ill effects at all. For the number of cycles I would say it will not register a full cycle until it has reached full charge. so if your at 50% and decide to charge to full that will count as one full charge. I really don't think it cares about partial charges.

Reactions: VegasDJC

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d