Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bad RC Fan?

LeafPeeper

Reaction score
Well I guess my EVO is going back to Best Buy after all. I'm having a hard time believing this is normal. Opinions?

Thanks
LP

Mine makes the same noise, I've only been using it less than a month, but it's still going strong and I think the noise is normal. We'll see what some others that have used it for longer say...

The fan makes noise but that is way too loud, something is definitely wrong, I would send that video to Autel and see what support says. You can also just send the controller into support and see how long it takes to fix, this way they can fix your antennas and upgrade the plastic pins and hinges.

Just got mine at Best Buy on this past weekend and mine does not make that sound. Yes fan goes on low and high, but not that tone to it. I would call Autel. Mine on the other hand said (Damaged Battery) on the one that came with the drone, so I'll be calling them as well for a replacement.

Thanks. Yeah....going to have them order me a new one today (none in stock here). I'll deal with Autel if I have a problem after the BestBuy return window expires. No sense in dealing with that if I can still return it. Good luck with your issue as well.

LP

Well ok then. I returned it this morning. Now the week wait for them to deliver another one. Fingers crossed that this one doesn't have other problems. DJI is always a crapshoot. I hope the likelihood of getting a good one with Autel is better.

LP

Mine was delivered today from BestBuy and mine sounded bad and then got better for a moment when I picked it up and then worse when rotating. Now it doesnt come on at all. Cant believe it. Looks like I'm also going to have to return the rugged case unit and have a new one sent. I'll try talking to Autel in the morning but dont see how it's going to do me any good unless they agree to send me one as I send theirs back.
Incredibly disappointed. All i did was charge the battery in it and the controller. No updates no registration no nothing.
I sure hope they will just take the rugged case package back as it's what came in the mail.
This is only my second post here and it was supposed to be a happy one:(

Can someone tell me exactly when the fan is supposed to come on? Is it supposed to run all the time?

Mine was delivered today from BestBuy and mine sounded bad and then got better for a moment when I picked it up and then worse when rotating. Now it doesnt come on at all. Cant believe it. Looks like I'm also going to have to return the rugged case unit and have a new one sent. I'll try talking to Autel in the morning but dont see how it's going to do me any good unless they agree to send me one as I send theirs back.
Incredibly disappointed. All i did was charge the battery in it and the controller. No updates no registration no nothing.
I sure hope they will just take the rugged case package back as it's what came in the mail.
This is only my second post here and it was supposed to be a happy one:(

Can someone tell me exactly when the fan is supposed to come on? Is it supposed to run all the time?
If the controller is on or charging, the fan will be on. Hope it helps.

Nope, not working just makes a tiny scratchy noise with no air movement at all like the fan is stuck. Tried shaking and bumping controller but no luck:(
I'll try and get Autel to pick up the phone in the morning as BB isnt open til 10. I'm in upstate NY so I guess I'm looking at 9 for my chance at talking to them. If they wont send me a new one without getting the other first its going back.
It's obviously not "devastating" but when you researched HEAVILY at least 6 months, purchases prop guards, extra charger, polar pro filters, 3 extra microsd cards, tablet mount, extra UV lens and gimbal cover it hurts. I'm going away next Wednesday Morning for 3-4 days and I REALLY would like a replacement before then.
Anyone have any experience with Autel replacing something like this immediately? I'll pay for one if needed and they can give me the credit back when they get the faulty one.
How does BB deal with return needing a replacement?
Thanks for any and all help.

Autel support is in Washington State - so my guess is you won't get them at 9am EST. Their hours are 8am-4pm Pacific. I'd plan to head to BestBuy. As I said above, I returned my Rugged Bundle to Best Buy today and they just ordered me a new one to be delivered to my house. They let me just keep the freebies since they placed the order for the replacement. Supposed to be delivered next week, so I'll be without one for a week.....although given your experience and the fact that you are in the Northeast like me, my confidence in getting a good one just dropped. I'm not sure what I'll do if it's bad. I may just keep it until it dies and then call Autel. Not really sure. This deal was a good one and it would be a shame to take it all back and give up.

LP

Oops, somehow I thought it said they said 6-4. My bad. Going to be at BB when doors open then.
Says I would get it Friday if I ordered it right now from them which means Monday tomorrow.
Got to go to bed....

Pman - just out of curiosity, where did your Rugged Bundle ship from? If you take the shipping tracking number and look it up, from where did the shipment originate? Looks like my replacement is coming from a different state this time...maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a different batch.

LP

Didnt sleep well so now I'm really tired as this issue wont fade from my brain.
Shipment was UPS ordered on Friday and delivered Tuesday from Louisville Kentucky.
At the moment BB still shows a delivery Friday if ordered now so I can still hope to get it this week. Of course now I'm quite concerned as I'm not the only one with this issue.
Where is yours being shipped? If you are in the US why is it going to arrive next week?
On top of that I just spent 3 weeks with controller issues on the Swagtron EB7 electric bike. My sister had purchased a couple of them from Amazon and then decided to buy my wife and I our own with us paying for them and her then sending the $. I received the first one to check out and it works good so ordered one for my wife and had to send back 3 in a row due to faulty controller issues between it and the motor. Got the 4th one on Monday and no errors yet although it hasnt been ridden enough yet to be sure.
What I'm saying is I'm tired of having to not only return another thing but it's actually a controller problem again. It's why I just feel so much more frustration over this. Trust me it was not fun packaging up one bike after the next and now this happens.
I'm still thinking about calling Autel and maybe we both should as it sounds to me others fans may be working but theres no way it should have anything but a normal fan noise. I am wondering if they changed fan manufacturers (not that they would tell me) and get this feeling they are getting a lot of RMAs on it. Dont know if I can get them to look at this thread or not.

Last edited:
I TOTALLY get your frustration. I think in general most people are more forgiving than I am when it comes to QC issues. For $1000, I want it to start out perfect. Exchanging high end items seems to have become BAU for me, and in many ways I hate being picky.

Getting back to our case, my bad one was shipped from Louisville as well. My new one is coming from Forest Park, GA. The fact that both of our bad ones came from Louisville gives me hope. Even though BB gave me a delivery date of Tuesday (which is what Bestbuy.com also said that morning when I dropped one in my cart), the UPS tracking number says it will be here Friday.

That said, I already did contact Autel and sent them the link to my video. Their response was "This is certainly not the noise we're looking for on the controller, so let's go ahead and get it in for repair."....to which I told them, nevermind, I'm returning it to Bestbuy.

You should do the same while you can. Given that my new one should be here before my original 15 day Best Buy return window expires, I'm going to give it a thorough checkout and head back there on Saturday if there's a problem. At that point I'll either give up or try yet again.

LP

I hear you and have absolutely no interest in waiting a month for a brand new controller back. Its packaged back up and I'll be waiting for the doors to open in basically an hour.
Did they offer any other way to get a controller sent or was it straight up send it in? Assuming they didnt say anything when you told them you returned it for replacement.
Yes I will be getting ahold of them. It doesnt do any good not reporting the issue. Wondering though if I should write it out though messaging them so I get it on record along with their response.
Well ill be going to fly some other drones after I return it. Church has a good plot of land so it's a good area to just get some flight time in. I belong to the Yuneec forum also owning a bunch of Breezes and lots of other stuff like MJX bugs type that I'm experimenting on with the Walkera G2d plastic gimbal. The regular bugs 3 and H (altitude hold) will take the weight with reduced flight time but the Pro one can only handle it for about a minute max. Not the best pilot but the cheaper ones with no GPS or altitude hold definately make you a better one.
I'll obviously post how things go. I sure hope BB doesnt give me any grief.

Lots to respond to there. First of all, where are you in upstate NY? Other than your church, I'm wondering where you find to fly. With National and NY State parks being off limits now, I would find NY rather restrictive - but I live in Vermont right next to it and I'd love to find some places in NY to fly. I also have two Mavics and a Spark that have kept me busy up until now, but I really like the Evo's cam better.

So on Autel's response, in the same email with the statement I posted above, they asked for the usual information - name, proof of purchase, serial number, etc. Presumably they were going to then send me a shipping label, but we didn't get that far in the process. After I told them that I had taken in back to BB, they just said they were glad to hear it and to let them know if they could be of any other assistance. No issues from my perspective. So far my experience with them has been great (just questions then this issue).

BestBuy gave me no trouble at all. They just checked serial numbers for some reason and got a little confused on how to do the exchange since I had a bunch of free stuff that was no longer being offered, but they eventually figured it out.

Good luck...let me know how it goes.
LP

Rochester area 14586. My daughter lives up in the adirondacks at Schroon lake though and its stunning up there.
I'm not bringing anything but the rugged case part that came in the mail. No way I should have to return everything. Just too bad noone stocks the rugged as I've got 4 within 30 minutes of me.
Leaving in 10 minutes to head there so I'll have a reply soon.

So not sure if I'm supposed to edit my last post or not.
It's being returned no issue and they never even looked at it. Replacement is supposed to arrive Friday.
I'm assuming a new tracking number will be sent when it ships. Could have gotten it tomorrow if I paid $42 but no way I was going to do that when it's already coming Friday and it's a replacement. I'm doing this for fun and not commercial.
Also my whole family lives in Saratoga Springs 12866. My wife's family is from farm country which is also beautiful around the St. Johnsville area.

Good to hear. Let's plan to compare notes Friday or Sat. Once you get a tracking number it will be interesting to see where it's shipping from....

So other than Schroon Lake, are there areas in Saratoga Springs or St. Johnsville that are public areas for flying? I tend to try to avoid private property...

LP

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials