Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AutelSky app often won't connect

Steverino

Reaction score
I have had a serious ongoing problem with the AutelSky app connecting with my Samsung S8 phone. I purchased both the Lite+ and Nano+ a couple of months ago and have pretty much been unable to use these drones due to this problem.

The problem is, the app rarely connects. The controller connects just fine and I can fly the drone but I have no display, etc. It works every once in awhile but it's completely unpredictable as to when it will work or not. When it does work, sometimes it disconnects in mid-flight.

I have found I have about a 25% chance of getting it to work if I force the app to stop (which always runs in the background for some reason) and clear these cache. But, when that doesn't work, repeating the process multiple times doesn't help. Rebooting the controller and the drone and the phone don't help either. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it, it works every time but only the first time and then I'm back to having the problem. It's aggravating to have to do that every time I want to fly one of these drones. Autel Support doesn't have any answers.

There is nothing unusual about my Samsung S8 and I have no other issues with it on any other apps. It's running Android version 9. I never have this problem with Autel Explorer and my Evo 2. I also never had the problem with the X-Star Premium and StaraLink.

I have uninstalled all of the unnecessary apps and have plenty of free space. I've tried different USB configurations in the Developer Options. I've tried many different USB cables but they don't seem to make any difference. I have missed out on many beautiful sunsets and sunrises and other time sensitive events because of this problem. I'm at the point now where I have to decide between selling these drones or replacing my phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I should just purchase a tablet and use that instead. I would want one that connects to the cellular network. Any recommendations?

Perhaps I should just purchase a tablet and use that instead. I would want one that connects to the cellular network. Any recommendations?
If you're willing to switch to Apple, I've had good experience with the iPad mini 4 and the iPad mini 5.

I suggest getting a phone with supported Android OS (frequent updates). Using the S21 Ultra the AutelSky app runs flawlessly and connects every time.

Regardless of the AutelSky app issues that you are facing, using a smartphone which is not receiving frequent security updates puts you at great risk. For example, you can find Android 9 published vulnerabilities in many websites (e.g. https://vulmon.com/searchpage?q=google+android+9.0).

If you want to remain in the Android ecosystem, I suggest getting a device that falls under Samsung's new policy and will be receiving 5 years of security updates (Samsung Mobile Security).

Last edited:
I have had a serious ongoing problem with the AutelSky app connecting with my Samsung S8 phone. I purchased both the Lite+ and Nano+ a couple of months ago and have pretty much been unable to use these drones due to this problem.

The problem is, the app rarely connects. The controller connects just fine and I can fly the drone but I have no display, etc. It works every once in awhile but it's completely unpredictable as to when it will work or not. When it does work, sometimes it disconnects in mid-flight.

I have found I have about a 25% chance of getting it to work if I force the app to stop (which always runs in the background for some reason) and clear these cache. But, when that doesn't work, repeating the process multiple times doesn't help. Rebooting the controller and the drone and the phone don't help either. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it, it works every time but only the first time and then I'm back to having the problem. It's aggravating to have to do that every time I want to fly one of these drones. Autel Support doesn't have any answers.

There is nothing unusual about my Samsung S8 and I have no other issues with it on any other apps. It's running Android version 9. I never have this problem with Autel Explorer and my Evo 2. I also never had the problem with the X-Star Premium and StaraLink.

I have uninstalled all of the unnecessary apps and have plenty of free space. I've tried different USB configurations in the Developer Options. I've tried many different USB cables but they don't seem to make any difference. I have missed out on many beautiful sunsets and sunrises and other time sensitive events because of this problem. I'm at the point now where I have to decide between selling these drones or replacing my phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever find a solution for this? I just bought one and am having the same issue with my Iphone

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58