Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel's non-existent technical service

I do apologize and yes this is a known issue since the last few versions. I checked the bug reports again, and still labeled as unresolved.

On other forums tons of people were having issues with new focus change and I should’ve slowed down a read a little more. As you know I just got back from a long vacation and trying to play catch-up.

Regarding Cicero. There’s always a few. What he doesn’t realize is that I don’t even have to be on consumer forums or threads. I’m here because I want to be, glad I’m not forced to deal with his types..
Thank you for being here, Ken, and going the extra mile to help! We want you to be here, too, despite the few who would bite the hand that is trying to feed them. Your reply confirms my suspicion that the poster with this focus issue can't fix it by replacing the Pro camera, and neither can I. It's a software bug, and not a hardware issue. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon. Are you able to confirm whether it is a firmware or an Explorer app issue?

Reactions: Andrew01
Hi G_G, what really shakes my confidence in Autel support is that they can't replicate my AF/MF switching issue with my 6k drone. I have tried deleting, reloading apps, both official and beta, using two different Android devices and one IOS device with the same defective AF/MF result. I would like to think that Autel support is telling me the truth, but I now have some doubts.

BTW, Blade Strike's reply on using focus lock is a good workaround to my initial issue of the focus changing intermittently. While the ability to switch between AF/MF is problematic, auto focus lock should allow keeping the focus from changing during a mission.

Regards,
Richard

Last edited:
Thank you for being here, Ken, and going the extra mile to help! We want you to be here, too, despite the few who would bite the hand that is trying to feed them. Your reply confirms my suspicion that the poster with this focus issue can't fix it by replacing the Pro camera, and neither can I. It's a software bug, and not a hardware issue. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon. Are you able to confirm whether it is a firmware or an Explorer app issue?
After playing around with it my self, I feel like it’s an app bug tbh. But I could be 100% wrong though.

After playing around with it my self, I feel like it’s an app bug tbh. But I could be 100% wrong though.
Agree, this looks and feels entirely like software.
Intermittent, state-dependent problem that is hard to replicate. It's as likely that it's something about how this feature is being used as that it's being used.
That doesn't mean it's not a problem, but as has been shown there are work-arounds.
I'm not defending a software bug, I'm just saying, after working in the software industry for 25+ years, bugs are not uncommon, nor are resolutions which take full version revisions to fix. Sometimes not even then.

Reactions: advexure
And I'll add this to the conversation:
Microsoft was founded in 1975. The year I was born.
It took Microsoft 26 years to develop and release Windows XP, what many consider to be the first moderately stable OS for the modern PC.
Then it took Microsoft 8 more years till the next stable OS, Windows 7.
Then it took another 6 years for Windows 10 the latest stable version.

The Evo II and it's associated app (All of which I'd consider heavily software dependent) is 1 year old, if that depending on when you count the release date as...
It's a flying SLR camera, PC, and long-range RC airframe in one. Pretty amazing if you step back and look at it from the perspective that the first of the modern consumer drones was released in 2013 by DJI (Phantom 1). That's just eight years ago. Anyone remember that drone? Anyone want to talk about the bugs and issues with it? Or the quality of footage it could produce, or really any aspect? The My Pillow sized, white controller?

This generation of drones (and especially those from Autel) have progressed so much faster than previous software based tech. And the quality they produce is simply top of the line.
Yes there are bugs in hardware, software, and firmware. Yes not every feature works on release day (ADS-B, I'm looking at you.) Yes customer support needs improvement. Yes perhaps Autel is moving faster on release than they can keep up with on support and revisions.

Keep in mind however that we're only eight years (8) into this technology in the consumer space. It took 26 years for Microsoft to evolve to Windows XP. Then 14 more years to Windows 10. That's 36 years from ground zero.

We're at 8. Windows 95 wasn't even released by that point for Microsoft.

I understand that since 1975 everything has evolved and that this tech is evolving faster, which is partly my point.

The drone tech windows xp isn't going to take 26 years. I'm going to say it'll take 10.

Maybe Autel will survive it's competition with DJI and other competitors, maybe not. I'll bet it will.

The Evo 2 is still cutting edge and only 2nd Gen. I'm going to bet that by Version 5 you'll look back and compare the Evo 2 to Windows 95. Cool but flawed.

Best thing to do for everyone who wants to complain, pile-on, or degrade the work that Autel is doing is simply to sit this, and the next two revision cycles out. Just go do something else while the tech matures. For everyone else, this process is normal, and completely associated with tech evolution and incremental revision work. Enjoy being on the cutting edge, and curse all the problems and money you spend to be there.

Make no mistake however, what Autel, DJI, Skydio, and all the other drone makers have done up to this point is amazing and deserves a better community and support than has largely been shown here. Help make the product you love and have invested in better, and stop complaining about things that are not only expected and normal, but unavoidable.

Report the bugs, learn how to troubleshoot, and find work-arounds and share them. That's your job at this phase of development.

And one last thing...

@Blade Strike and @advexure are treasures. Plain and simple treasures. Finding one resource like either of them in a forum like this is like winning the lottery. Finding two is winning the lottery, then being struck by lighting only to find out that you now have super-powers and are rich. Seriously. Treasures.

Think on that.

• Love
Reactions: G_G and advexure
Well said, @halzucati 👍 Great job putting it all into perspective, and thank you for the shout! :)

I like the Phantom 1 mention because for many of us, that was where it all began. Amazing how much tech has changed in just 8 years. And I'm sure in 2029 we'll be getting a good laugh at what was the latest and greatest in 2021! 🤩

One last thing, no technology is perfect.

Reactions: Deleted member 8818
Just to put an exclamation point on this conversation.
This is the Phantom 1. And it was AMAZING! LOL. Only by the standards of the day.
I especially like when the reviewer says... "Add 4xAA batteries to the controller....."
I do not miss that time.

• Haha
Reactions: advexure
@Blade Strike and @advexure are treasures. Plain and simple treasures. Finding one resource like either of them in a forum like this is like winning the lottery. Finding two is winning the lottery, then being struck by lighting only to find out that you now have super-powers and are rich. Seriously. Treasures.
I agree wholeheartedly.... thanks for being here with us.

• Love
Reactions: G_G and advexure
Well said, @halzucati 👍 Great job putting it all into perspective, and thank you for the shout! :)

I like the Phantom 1 mention because for many of us, that was where it all began. Amazing how much tech has changed in just 8 years. And I'm sure in 2029 we'll be getting a good laugh at what was the latest and greatest in 2021! 🤩

One last thing, no technology is perfect.
Hi advexure, when it comes to a few dollar items, yes, no technology is perfect. However when spending over $1k, I expect the technology to work as advertised, or fixed in short order after the technology is introduced. In my experience, DJI resolves problems quickly, Autel seems to take forever while dancing around the problems. IMO with the new Nano and Lite coming, Autel better get it right and not repeat the typical Autel dance. I hope that Autel can pull off a huge win, but history suggests otherwise.

Regards,
Richard

Ken @Blade Strike is a good guy. Former DJI employee, who has been a great asset to everyone with DJI issues over the years. Let's give him a chance to reply, as his primary focus is Enterprise, rather than the prosumer line. Right now, he is the only one at Autel that I currently have any faith in, after Randall's unfortunate departure. I certainly don't want to discourage Ken from helping, as he is a diamond in the rough!
I agree, Ken is a hope of covering for a hopeless company, Autel. I am concerned that he might get frustrated some day and just walk away.

Reactions: G_G
I agree, Ken is a hope of covering for a hopeless company, Autel. I am concerned that he might get frustrated some day and just walk away.
We will pay him 10 massages sessions and 3 for psychotherapy :).
@Blade Strike Ken, In Romania we have a lot of engineers that repair drones, change parts and reprogram what is needed, why Autel is not changing the location of EU service?
Would be less costs and can afford more employees.
Also there is no distribution center in Romania, can be made one, as almost all Europe choose this country as $$ advatage (Renault production, Ford production, Continental programming and research, Amazon programming, and so on).
What do you say?

We will pay him 10 massages sessions and 3 for psychotherapy :).
@Blade Strike Ken, In Romania we have a lot of engineers that repair drones, change parts and reprogram what is needed, why Autel is not changing the location of EU service?
Would be less costs and can afford more employees.
Also there is no distribution center in Romania, can be made one, as almost all Europe choose this country as $$ advatage (Renault production, Ford production, Continental programming and research, Amazon programming, and so on).
What do you say?
all I can say is that I will pass it along. This is above my rank and pay scale.

Thanks for the update.
Unfortunate that @Blade Strike still hasn't weighed in to tell us anything.
This is April 15th, 2022 and I have that problem with Evo II Pro v2 I bought two weeks ago and can't get support to answer emails, phones or chats, can't get the care activated. How were all of you able to reach them so readily? Do you have a number or address that I don't or differs from their site?

This is April 15th, 2022 and I have that problem with Evo II Pro v2 I bought two weeks ago and can't get support to answer emails, phones or chats, can't get the care activated. How were all of you able to reach them so readily? Do you have a number or address that I don't or differs from their site?
Can I have your ticket number please?

Reactions: G_G
Can I have your ticket number please?
Also an email to support on April 4th 6:01pm Central time
Subject: Cannot connect to Iphone 13 Pro Max

Sorry to keep dumping but I am desperate and excited I may have reached someone and scared of the answer at the same time.

Last edited:
Now I have a 189.00 charge for care and can't use it even though I have been trying to get it since the beginning

My chat experience trying to report the care support issue on April 4th

• I am trying to purchase the Care for my drone. From the very first try when I get to the section where I put my serial number, i put it in and when I submit, it does nothing. Tried many times on phone, tablet, pc and same result. Is it too late to purchase it? I have already flown the drone.
    Apr 4, 2:05 PM
  • Melvin
    Hello there! I'm Melvin. Before I get you in touch with someone, can I get your email address? In case we get lost, we can always get back to you.
    • [email protected]
    • Melvin
      Can I have your name?

• Jim Pierce Jr
      • Melvin
        Can I have your phone number? It'll help us reach you quicker.
        • 985-312-2611
        • Melvin
          Lastly, what product are you chatting in about?

• Evo II Pro V2
          • Melvin
            Hang on Jim! I will get the right person from my team to help you out.
            • Care
              Apr 4, 2:06 PM
            • Hellooooo
            • lol
              Apr 4, 2:26 PM
            • Today
              I am still waiting over a week later

You're right, Sorry, just been much worried all this time, thanks for the wake up slap, lol
This is the first time I have ever bought anything but DJI and planned on getting away from them and getting everything Autel and was excited about it. I have, in DJI, Air, Air 2, New FPV, Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 and I fly an M2 Enterprise Advanced for my Police Department and was even looking at getting them to look at the Autel Enterprise later. My Chief was waiting to see what my experience with them was after I started flying it to see if he was going to get one, he is fed up with DJI as well. So I have good intentions for Autel. Just didn't start out too well.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials