Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Robotics FLIR Duo Module Maiden Flight

Wildseyed

Reaction score
Thanks to RandomAXP, we can all learn more about this unreleased product. The FLIR Duo is not the best camera you could put on a drone, mostly due to its low resolution of 160 x 120, but if you can look past its shortcomings, it can be a valuable addition to your toolbox. Over the coming weeks I will be flying this camera, and posting my experiments, as well as my thoughts on whether or not Autel made the right decision when they decided to not release this module. Enjoy!

Interesting. I've had a little experience with handheld units used in electrical and mechanical inspections. Low rez was always a problem in the old units I was using. Guessing that was a roof ventilator @ 5:05?

Like Googer I used a FLIR for electrical inspections & energy audits. Focus was always a problem, but the images were displayed in all the colors of the rainbow to indicate temperature. Blue was cool & red was hot.
Have you explored all of the adjustments?

There are only a few color palettes to choose from, but in post processing with ImageJ I can apply any color gradients I want. there is a PiP function, and MSX viewing is also possible, but no recording of MSX. Visible image and thermal image sequences are stored in separate files. this is normal for FLIR. The module includes all of the same cables as the stock FLIR Duo, including a breackout cable for use on other drones.

Where did you come cross this little gem? Most of us don’t have access to unreleased modules.

The FLIR Duo camera is not the star of the show; it's the gimbal. I have some thoughts I'll be sharing soon on just how close this module came to being released, why it was cancelled, and why we should be glad it was.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy