Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL ROBOTICS EVO 2 DUAL 640R with radiometric thermal camera in locating a person by heat source www.autel.co.il 04-9998979

Stop teasing me!

Seriously though, why does the rest of the world get this and we don't? There has to be a reason.

Only thing I don't like is why is there no temperature scale bar shown? And can you you change it like isotherm on Flir or absolute on Anafi thermal?

Here is my 640T, If someone wants to know something about this camera, just ask!

Attachments

• d33bf672-e825-4ab2-8af2-37af4a06f0af.jpg
    d33bf672-e825-4ab2-8af2-37af4a06f0af.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 21
Wow, nice..... but AUTEL: Are you kidding me? That Low light warning that cannot be turned off is STILL on there?

THIS was (one) of the reasons I sent mine back. Really REALLY annoying when flying at night at that keeps popping up.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Wow, nice..... but AUTEL: Are you kidding me? That Low light warning that cannot be turned off is STILL on there?

THIS was (one) of the reasons I sent mine back. Really REALLY annoying when flying at night at that keeps popping up.
I work with an autel distributor in Spain and I am in direct contact with members of Autel, I will communicate the problem with the low light warning.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I work with an autel distributor in Spain and I am in direct contact with members of Autel, I will communicate the problem with the low light warning.
That would be great.... but I worked with a US distributor than put me directly in touch with Autel top support.... nothing. This was on a $9,000 Evo 2 Duo. For that kind of money my patience was very short (I waited a month for a correction, or even a commitment for a correction).

Reactions: PingSpike
That would be great.... but I worked with a US distributor than put me directly in touch with Autel top support.... nothing. This was on a $9,000 Evo 2 Duo. For that kind of money my patience was very short (I waited a month for a correction, or even a commitment for a correction).
Ok, but ley me try It ?

I know I sometimes have way too much time on my hands, but a theory popped in my head as I looked at sales pages for the Autel Evo II Dual and the Autel Evo II Dual 640T.
The biggest glaring difference was two things. One the USA Evo 2 Dual stresses Made in the USA. Two the USA Evo 2 Dual shows and is proud of the FLIR Boson core.

1607147776428.png

The Evo 2 Dual 640T's ad does not mention Made in the USA (Not that it would be a selling point in its overseas market), but more importantly does not state that it uses a Flir Boson core.

Maybe the 640T will not be coming to the USA until FLIR finally gets its act together and produces in large quantities radiometric Boson cores. It could be that if this 640T uses a foreign made thermal core such as one from HTi Xintai it would not have enough percentage of parts to be able to state its Made in the USA. We all know that the new DJI Matrice 300 RTK with it's Quad HT camera does not use a FLIR core and might use something from HTi Xintai.

I just can't for the life of me think of why such a large USA market would be left out in the early stages of Autels new thermal solution. This could be the reason or it could just show I need other things to occupy my time. LOL.

I know I sometimes have way too much time on my hands, but a theory popped in my head as I looked at sales pages for the Autel Evo II Dual and the Autel Evo II Dual 640T.
The biggest glaring difference was two things. One the USA Evo 2 Dual stresses Made in the USA. Two the USA Evo 2 Dual shows and is proud of the FLIR Boson core.

View attachment 9258

The Evo 2 Dual 640T's ad does not mention Made in the USA (Not that it would be a selling point in its overseas market), but more importantly does not state that it uses a Flir Boson core.

Maybe the 640T will not be coming to the USA until FLIR finally gets its act together and produces in large quantities radiometric Boson cores. It could be that if this 640T uses a foreign made thermal core such as one from HTi Xintai it would not have enough percentage of parts to be able to state its Made in the USA. We all know that the new DJI Matrice 300 RTK with it's Quad HT camera does not use a FLIR core and might use something from HTi Xintai.

I just can't for the life of me think of why such a large USA market would be left out in the early stages of Autels new thermal solution. This could be the reason or it could just show I need other things to occupy my time. LOL.

hello, the evo 2 is completely made in china in shenzen specifically. autel has offices and staff in the usa, but the parent company is China. In the video I show the specifications, manufacturer and model of the sensor. It is obviously Chinese and it is presumed that the m300 is the same, as it has very similar specifications.

hello, the evo 2 is completely made in china in shenzen specifically. autel has offices and staff in the usa, but the parent company is China. In the video I show the specifications, manufacturer and model of the sensor. It is obviously Chinese and it is presumed that the m300 is the same, as it has very similar specifications.

I don't know if that is completely accurate about all Evo 2's being made in China.

There are regulations from the FTC on labeling a product "Made in the USA", and regulations from federal agencies are enforceable.

Maybe Evo 2's sold outside of the USA are made in China, but there is a standard for "Made in the USA" and the FTC is empowered to enforce it.

I am in no way knowledgeable about the regulation or the standard, maybe a vendor will chime in and clear the air.

Edit: Here is a snip from Autel about their new Made in the USA Evo 2 products.

Bothell, WA., SEPTEMBER 3, 2020 (Newswire.com) – Unmanned Aircraft manufacturer Autel Robotics is releasing its Autel EVO II Dual Enterprise UAS bundle/package, created for public sector and enterprise use. Under the Autel Enterprise label, Autel Robotics offers end-users the opportunity to use aircraft manufactured in the USA with foreign and domestic parts and labor. CEO Gary
DeLuca shared the news with Autel Reseller/Dealers earlier this week.

“We notified our dealers that the change in manufacturing is effective immediately, and this new series of bundles does not impact our ability to ship existing stock. We have been making running changes to the product line in order to accommodate our customer needs since the day we initially released the product,” said DeLuca.

The Autel EVO II Dual is specifically designed to aid public safety personnel in identifying persons and objects in the dark, through smoke/fog, and offers public safety personnel the highest resolution IR camera available, coupled with a second, separately functioning 8K resolution RGB camera. The 8K camera provides police and fire personnel deep detail, zoom capability, 40 minute flight time, and ability to stream video to any command location or MDT (mobile data terminal) when coupled with the Autel LiveDeck.

With an airframe from China, IR/thermal cameras from FLIR in the USA, and Sony imagers from Japan, the final product is assembled in Bothell, WA with American labor.
“We also source the majority of our bundle components from US manufacturers such as FoxFury, GPC, TacSwan, and others” said DeLuca. “Our software and other components are predominantly also from domestic and NATO suppliers. We’re deeply focused on shifting the product program to a Made in USA direction. We brought in outside consultants to assist us in identifying resources and processes that bring us closer to our American roots.”

I just watched your video. Very good information and you show the capabilities of the drone very well including the postwork software.

It also clears up that the 640T is using an iRay thermal sensor. Do you know if the Evo 2 640 Dual uses an iRay or Flir sensor in versions you buy overseas?

I don't know if that is completely accurate about all Evo 2's being made in China.

There are regulations from the FTC on labeling a product "Made in the USA", and regulations from federal agencies are enforceable.

Maybe Evo 2's sold outside of the USA are made in China, but there is a standard for "Made in the USA" and the FTC is empowered to enforce it.

I am in no way knowledgeable about the regulation or the standard, maybe a vendor will chime in and clear the air.

Edit: Here is a snip from Autel about their new Made in the USA Evo 2 products.

Bothell, WA., SEPTEMBER 3, 2020 (Newswire.com) – Unmanned Aircraft manufacturer Autel Robotics is releasing its Autel EVO II Dual Enterprise UAS bundle/package, created for public sector and enterprise use. Under the Autel Enterprise label, Autel Robotics offers end-users the opportunity to use aircraft manufactured in the USA with foreign and domestic parts and labor. CEO Gary
DeLuca shared the news with Autel Reseller/Dealers earlier this week.

“We notified our dealers that the change in manufacturing is effective immediately, and this new series of bundles does not impact our ability to ship existing stock. We have been making running changes to the product line in order to accommodate our customer needs since the day we initially released the product,” said DeLuca.

The Autel EVO II Dual is specifically designed to aid public safety personnel in identifying persons and objects in the dark, through smoke/fog, and offers public safety personnel the highest resolution IR camera available, coupled with a second, separately functioning 8K resolution RGB camera. The 8K camera provides police and fire personnel deep detail, zoom capability, 40 minute flight time, and ability to stream video to any command location or MDT (mobile data terminal) when coupled with the Autel LiveDeck.

With an airframe from China, IR/thermal cameras from FLIR in the USA, and Sony imagers from Japan, the final product is assembled in Bothell, WA with American labor.
“We also source the majority of our bundle components from US manufacturers such as FoxFury, GPC, TacSwan, and others” said DeLuca. “Our software and other components are predominantly also from domestic and NATO suppliers. We’re deeply focused on shifting the product program to a Made in USA direction. We brought in outside consultants to assist us in identifying resources and processes that bring us closer to our American roots.”
Only evo 2 dual (with flir sensor) is made in USA, the rest of the models are made in shenzen.

I just watched your video. Very good information and you show the capabilities of the drone very well including the postwork software.

It also clears up that the 640T is using an iRay thermal sensor. Do you know if the Evo 2 640 Dual uses an iRay or Flir sensor in versions you buy overseas?

I have tested both the 640 with a flir sensor and the 640t with an IRAY sensor, the 640 model uses a flir sensor in all markets, only in Europe it is limited to 9 hz. The 640t runs at 30hz in Europe.

Makes sense. Autel, Parrot, and Skydio are going after military contracts / supply vendors. For a manufacturer to be even considered for the armed forces - the drone must be made in the USA - which I suppose means assembled in USA with 90%+ Chinese parts for all 3 manufacturers. It would make sense for Autel to use Boson sensor for that reason - so they can at least claim the thermal camera is from a US based company, and therefore there is "no concern" for data leakage - because, well, why would a US company steal data?

FWIW, Skydio X2 and Parrot ANAFI USA also use Boson sensor, but 320 x 256 @ 9hz. I rented a Anafi USA to try it out and it has advantages - thermal temp range (skydio x2 has this too) - and MSX - but the resolution was horrible - and refresh rate compared to Autel.

I think all 3 drones will be bought by the military for different niches - so, it's a win for Autel from a business / revenue perspective to go for Boson non-radiometric sensor.

HOWEVER, I've been talking to Autel Enterprise support the past few days and they've hinted a big announcement will be made Q1 2021. When I asked if they'll release a radiometric variant of the drone, the response was they don't know what the engineers are working on - but when I pushed them on whether or not I should buy the Evo Dual now or wait for the announcement - they told me to wait.

When I asked if I could import the 640T variant, they said I can do so - and they expect others are importing as well. BUT, if support is needed - then it will need to be shipped to an international support center because the US support center doesn't have the knowledge or parts to work with the 640T sensor.

So, who knows - may be they'll come up with a "Made in USA" variant with radiometric support - perhaps from a different sensor in a couple of months. Time will tell.

Makes sense. Autel, Parrot, and Skydio are going after military contracts / supply vendors. For a manufacturer to be even considered for the armed forces - the drone must be made in the USA - which I suppose means assembled in USA with 90%+ Chinese parts for all 3 manufacturers. It would make sense for Autel to use Boson sensor for that reason - so they can at least claim the thermal camera is from a US based company, and therefore there is "no concern" for data leakage - because, well, why would a US company steal data?

FWIW, Skydio X2 and Parrot ANAFI USA also use Boson sensor, but 320 x 256 @ 9hz. I rented a Anafi USA to try it out and it has advantages - thermal temp range (skydio x2 has this too) - and MSX - but the resolution was horrible - and refresh rate compared to Autel.

I think all 3 drones will be bought by the military for different niches - so, it's a win for Autel from a business / revenue perspective to go for Boson non-radiometric sensor.

HOWEVER, I've been talking to Autel Enterprise support the past few days and they've hinted a big announcement will be made Q1 2021. When I asked if they'll release a radiometric variant of the drone, the response was they don't know what the engineers are working on - but when I pushed them on whether or not I should buy the Evo Dual now or wait for the announcement - they told me to wait.

When I asked if I could import the 640T variant, they said I can do so - and they expect others are importing as well. BUT, if support is needed - then it will need to be shipped to an international support center because the US support center doesn't have the knowledge or parts to work with the 640T sensor.

So, who knows - may be they'll come up with a "Made in USA" variant with radiometric support - perhaps from a different sensor in a couple of months. Time will tell.
The news is the launch of the enterprise series (and dragon fish), the dual camera that the enterprise mounts is the same 640t that is sold right now. Whether or not they release another variant for the American market I do not know, but if they do, to continue having the "made in USA" approval, they must mount the flir sensor.

The news is the launch of the enterprise series (and dragon fish), the dual camera that the enterprise mounts is the same 640t that is sold right now. Whether or not they release another variant for the American market I do not know, but if they do, to continue having the "made in USA" approval, they must mount the flir sensor.
Hence the problem. Flir at this time only makes a Boson nonradiometric core (Flir rep B Kanda stated there are radiometric versions used in the defense sector). B Kanda stated recently though that early 2021 there should be a radiometric version. All of this is what I originally posted in my thinking out loud.

Hey Cecil, with the 640T, how have you found your ability to edit thermal images, after a couple days with the IRPC editor, I wanted to throw my computer through a window, any advice?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t