Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Premium CRASH

Ed1430

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hows everybody? Just had my first drone crash today, very sad. The 4K camera and gimbal are gone, one of the arms are cracked and there is cosmetic damage. I just tested the drone without the camera and noticed that there was no feed back information from the drone. I'm concerned that I might of damaged the GPS within the XSTAR or do I need all the components installed to get a GPS signal? Also, does anyone know where I can get some parts? 4K Camera, body shell ORANGE? Autel has them listed as out of stock. Please help, thanks.

Autel is your best bet on repairs. Not many parts around. Good luck but it sounds like maybe to upgrade if Autel cannot fix it.

Reactions: KentA
You may want to consider an upgrade. The camera alone is $350 (I think, I did the same thing early-on, I had to wait a month to afford it). It sounds like after shipping & insurance, you might get to $500...or more...

Hello everyone, hows everybody? Just had my first drone crash today, very sad. The 4K camera and gimbal are gone, one of the arms are cracked and there is cosmetic damage. I just tested the drone without the camera and noticed that there was no feed back information from the drone. I'm concerned that I might of damaged the GPS within the XSTAR or do I need all the components installed to get a GPS signal? Also, does anyone know where I can get some parts? 4K Camera, body shell ORANGE? Autel has them listed as out of stock. Please help, thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/Autel-Roboti..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=73RKGHPHGH699CHRT3DX

Somewhat older topic, If you know how to repair them, good for you, otherwise like Agustine said - Autel is your best bet. However, the camera alone is about half the price of the drone. You're better off buying a good used one and keeping your crashed XSP for parts replacement.

Reactions: KentA
Hang on. I had a similar crash that destroyed my camera and gimbal. I contacted Autel and asked to buy a replacement Gimbal/Camera assembly and they said to send it in with all the pieces because it might be fixable. They weren't able to fix it, but installed a new camera/gimbal and charged me $150. Never underestimate the excellence of Autel support.smiley viking.jpg

Your other choice is to find a used one - I got real lucky - about 40 miles away I found one on offer up - a XSP - asking 350 and I got it for 300, with 3 batteries - then I bought 4 more batteries from GA also on offerup for 60 bucks plus shipping.
It came with the premium case, extra carbon fiber blades but most of all you can tell the owner took good care of it - said he was selling as he had too many.
Agree that the camera alone is pretty expensive - good luck and sorry to hear about your crash.

From the above I guess no one knows where a fellow might acquire a orange Autel Xstar Premium shell?

Sorry, another question. I obviously had a crash thus my shell question. It was not too bad and the drone still flies okay. The shell is a bit cracked.

The question I have is should there be a clear plastic clip on all 4 corners holding each of the 4 shock absorbers on? I only have 2 on opposite corners. I want to say that was what I had before, but cant remember for sure. Thanks again!

Thanks on the clip tip. LOL...

On the shell I can get a white from Autel for only 69 bucks. So unless they want a lot for shipping I will probably order one for later when I need it. Glue wont last forever especially if more cracks develop. Thank you...

Sad mine crashed into a river after a critical battery forced landing Im still trying to figure out why it didn't activate a rth at 25% ....had the worst Christmas Day

That does suck. Mine did the CR battery warning to the other day and I'm not sure why it did not activate at the normal percentage. I was thinking I may have accidentally canceled the first warning, but not sure.

Sad mine crashed into a river after a critical battery forced landing Im still trying to figure out why it didn't activate a rth at 25% ....had the worst Christmas Day
So sorry to hear that... I feel your pain. I lost an XSP over a waterfall in Hawaii. It was a new refurb from Autel, they checked the flight log and replaced it for free, since it was clearly a total battery failure. I was stunned.

Critical battery failures can give you up, but not always, 30 sec. That time, it gave me about 10 sec, impossible to land. I did get I down on a rock, but water washed it away.

It happened to me again, flying out to sea from a high sea cliff. I barely made it back to land. I then got very serious about battery management....

Autel is pretty good about standing behind their stuff. I bought an extra refurbished controller. I complained that the rubber plug for the charging port was missing. They sent me a replacement and told me to keep the other one. I was very surprised.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
So sorry to hear that... I feel your pain. I lost an XSP over a waterfall in Hawaii. It was a new refurb from Autel, they checked the flight log and replaced it for free, since it was clearly a total battery failure. I was stunned.

Critical battery failures can give you up, but not always, 30 sec. That time, it gave me about 10 sec, impossible to land. I did get I down on a rock, but water washed it away.

It happened to me again, flying out to sea from a high sea cliff. I barely made it back to land. I then got very serious about battery management....

Ive had mine just over a year and barely had any flight hours on it probably 4 hours I wonder if they will replace it for me since its been submerged for over 24 hours and the water was deep and freezing, I couldn't retrieve the drone now Im left with a remote controller, a case and spare props

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58