Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel is charging huge restocking fees on Amazon

krdronepilot

Reaction score
I bought the Evo2 Pro and returned it after just a few days once I determined the range wasn't what I hoped for my area.
100% pristine drone and 100% pristine packaging. If they ever resolve this I'll post an update.

Attachments

• Autel Ripoff Restocking Fees.png
    Autel Ripoff Restocking Fees.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 75
Is that Autel or Amazon getting the restocking fee? Restocking fees should be visible to the consumer before hand. I know Bestbuy will post if there is a restocking fee. Are you sure you did not agree to it in your purchase agreement? Either way it does seem pretty darn high for restocking.

Wow! I want a restocking job.

Oh I don't know Tuf, not sure if your have all the qualifications. It say's:

Our large retail store is looking for a Stocker who will be able to receive product on our shipping docks, move the product to the appropriate shelves in our warehouse and then distribute the product throughout the sales floor. The ideal candidate for this position has previous retail or warehouse experience, a strong eye for detail and is able to work well as part of a dynamic team. If you are interested in applying your skills at a growing company with competitive pay and benefits, contact us today.

Not sure if you play well with others. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Oh I don't know Tuf, not sure if your have all the qualifications. It say's:

Our large retail store is looking for a Stocker who will be able to receive product on our shipping docks, move the product to the appropriate shelves in our warehouse and then distribute the product throughout the sales floor. The ideal candidate for this position has previous retail or warehouse experience, a strong eye for detail and is able to work well as part of a dynamic team. If you are interested in applying your skills at a growing company with competitive pay and benefits, contact us today.

Not sure if you play well with others. :)
Strange, I have a sticker on my guitar case that says "does not play well with others". Maybe I'm more suited to be a stalker.
:confused:

Last edited:
Is that Autel or Amazon getting the restocking fee? Restocking fees should be visible to the consumer before hand. I know Bestbuy will post if there is a restocking fee. Are you sure you did not agree to it in your purchase agreement? Either way it does seem pretty darn high for restocking.
It's Autel because I bought two an 8K and a Pro. Both experienced the same range issues in my area so I returned them both. 8K one was Amazon (said Autel but it was actually the Adorama Amazon store) - they gave 100% refund after checking out package and included items for 1 day. The OTHER one the PRO everything identical except it says Autel everywhere on the Amazon store and no mention of anyone else.

Also what's worse they hit me with the almost $400 restocking fee the INSTANT it arrived at their location. I doubt they had time to even open the box. Even though it was only day 6 of the 30 day return windows they must have decided to apply the restocking fee *before it arrived.

• Wow
Sounds like a you should inquirer with Autel Support about this. Not sure if you will get anywhere but make it a point that this has been posted on the forums and facebook groups if you have not already done so. They hate bad publicity, any company does so you might get lucky and get a refund. That charge is just totally bananas ....forum would not let me say a bad word so I used bananas LOL
Hope you get it all sorted out.

Sounds like a you should inquirer with Autel Support about this. Not sure if you will get anywhere but make it a point that this has been posted on the forums and facebook groups if you have not already done so. They hate bad publicity, any company does so you might get lucky and get a refund. That charge is just totally bananas ....forum would not let me say a bad word so I used bananas LOL
Hope you get it all sorted out.
I posted on their facebook and Autel deleted it within seconds to prevent anyone seeing it.

Customers should use *extreme caution when purchasing an Autel drone. Clearly their business practices in both finance and technical support are not good.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Len and PingSpike
I would contact Amazon customer support. If the listing didn't say you would be charged a restocking fee you shouldn't have been charged.

Reactions: Len
Was going to buy a Evo 2 pro bundle from Covert Drones, but looked into their return policy and found that returning a opened product has a restocking fee up to 50%. So I went with Best Buy and even used a 10% off coupon.

- If product is used or damaged due to customer mishandling or is opened a re-stocking fee of up to 50% will be applied.

Research, research, research, it pays off on the backside. Always read the fine print during check out.

This is odd..anytime I have looked for an E2P on Amazon, there was only 1 listing @ $1,795 and it had this "Sold by Autel Robotics, USA and Fulfilled by Amazon."
I know Amazon charges return fees, and deducts shipping charges if you use their return label but it wasn't their error. But $359?? I'd be getting a hold of Amazon and finding out WTH happened.

Reactions: Junior
you should purchase a watt meter for drones, check your rf signal, and any interference in the area. the transmitters do have a rf meter built in which should give an idea as to your surroundings. 1/2 mile sounds strange. you near a millitary contractor or Airport, you might be getting jammed and not know it. take it to the boonies somewhere with low rf noise and retest it.

you should purchase a watt meter for drones, check your rf signal, and any interference in the area. the transmitters do have a rf meter built in which should give an idea as to your surroundings. 1/2 mile sounds strange. you near a millitary contractor or Airport, you might be getting jammed and not know it. take it to the boonies somewhere with low rf noise and retest it.
I drove literally into the middle of nowhere and tried to fly both my Evo 2's. I have my old drone (different brand) and flew it out to over 20,000 feet distant, same location these could only muster ~3,800 ft.

I really don't have the desire to buy special electromagnetic detection gear or extremely expensive directional antennas just to fly my drone.

What made the whole thing incredibly egregious was the ridiculous restocking fee they hit me with when I returned.

Honestly I would not recommend this hassle to anyone.

I bought the Evo2 Pro and returned it after just a few days once I determined the range wasn't what I hoped for my area.
100% pristine drone and 100% pristine packaging. If they ever resolve this I'll post an update.
What range did you get and what range did you expect? It's common knowledge that you never get their claimed max range, specially in a urban environment. Who charged the fee. Amazon or autel? You should email Amazon. Their customer service is very good. They will respond in less than 24 hours, and they don't want to lose regular customers. I think there is a real good chance they will give you a better deal if you contact them. Steve

What range did you get and what range did you expect? It's common knowledge that you never get their claimed max range, specially in a urban environment. Who charged the fee. Amazon or autel?
In my previous message I said I drove into the middle of nowhere, literally 40 miles from any civilization. Tried 2 Evo 2's (an 8k and a Pro). Did not expect less than 10% of the claimed range - who would expect something that bad? Pulled out my old drone and easily hit 20,000 feet with no forced return to home. My 3+ year old drone has literally 500% greater range.

In urban environments I was only able to achieve 5% the advertised range. It's just vastly less than advertised plain and simple. I think I would have been happy with 10,000 ft.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58