Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer Auto Start?

rangerb3

Reaction score
Under section 2.3 in the Autel Explorer app manual it says that by following the "connection" steps the, "Explorer app should start automatically...." I'm currently using my Ipad mini4 and the latest IOS Explorer app but when I follow the connection steps the app doesn't automatically startup...It's not really a big deal since I can just touch the Autel App icon and it comes right up but, "Is there a setting on my Ipad or in the App that might be prohibiting the auto startup?" I've looked all over those devices and found nothing...I'm doing research on the internet now for IOS app auto-starts...

explorer auto-start.JPG

Under section 2.3 in the Autel Explorer app manual it says that by following the "connection" steps the, "Explorer app should start automatically...." I'm currently using my Ipad mini4 and the latest IOS Explorer app but when I follow the connection steps the app doesn't automatically startup...It's not really a big deal since I can just touch the Autel App icon and it comes right up but, "Is there a setting on my Ipad or in the App that might be prohibiting the auto startup?" I've looked all over those devices and found nothing...I'm doing research on the internet now for IOS app auto-starts...

View attachment 9978

I think that is just an Android capability. With Android, if USB debugging is enabled, certain apps can be configured to auto-launch depending on what accessory is plugged in. For security reasons I don't think iOS allows this. I am using an iPad mini as well and the app does not auto launch. Personally I prefer to start it by hand anyway, but I doubt it would be possible to get it to auto-launch.

I haven't updated my iPad mini since I bought it in 2016 so its also possible that feature might work on the latest version of iOS.

I think that is just an Android capability. With Android, if USB debugging is enabled, certain apps can be configured to auto-launch depending on what accessory is plugged in. For security reasons I don't think iOS allows this. I am using an iPad mini as well and the app does not auto launch. Personally I prefer to start it by hand anyway, but I doubt it would be possible to get it to auto-launch.
I can understand that! IOS is very restrictive....I'll have my Tripltek tablet by this weekend so, not a big deal with Ipad!

I haven't updated my iPad mini since I bought it in 2016 so its also possible that feature might work on the latest version of iOS.
You're probably not missing much!!!

Thanks for your reply...

Reactions: herein2021
Confirmed! The "auto-start" function only works on android platforms...not IOS! No problem now that I have my Tripltek Pro!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials