Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer app update

drstexasevo2

Reaction score
Immediately after downloading and installing the latest autel Explorer app update I wanted to plan a new Waypoint Mission. It was immediately obvious that the GPS map displayed in the app is now an older version than the one used in the previous update. I can tell this by views of changes in my property that were there before the update and are no longer visible. It appears that Autel has used an older Google map or not a Google map at all, in the latest Explorer App update. See attached before and after screenshots. The before screenshot was taken on a separate device that did not have the most recent update installed. Click photos for better views. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I am waiting for a reply from Autel to my request for an explanation or fix.

Attachments

• 0_Before update.png
    0_Before update.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 0_After update.png
    0_After update.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Did you try looking at different parts of the Map?
I just looked and compared Google maps to the Explorer app and there
are parts(areas) the same, and parts different.
I looked at three properties we own and are about 1/2 mile radius from each other.
Some homes have cars in the drive on google and not on Explorer. Cars in the road way, and not in the other.
Some areas look like fall and other in mid summer.
Just my observations.

Yes, I checked out other areas also, same problem. There are two other issues that I forgot to mention in my first post. The map is not as clear as it was previously, it looks like a blurred photograph. Also the map in the mission mode now opens in the topographical format whereas before it always opened in the GPS format. All of these changes have occurred as a result of the latest update to the app.

It's not a matter of what drone I am flying because this is strictly an app issue, that being said, I am flying an Evo II.

Autel explorer the app doesn't let you transfer the 4k files only 720 to my iPhone. How can I get the 4K footage from the app to my iOS device, I don’t have a pc. I have the e2 pro.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d