Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo vs Fimi X8 SE

macoman

Reaction score
I saw the specs of the Fimi X8 and it says 4k at 100mbps. How this compare to the Evo with the 4K 60fps. I am speechless that a $500 dollars drone could have a better 4K than a $1000 Drone.

Last edited:
I saw the specs of the Fimi X8 and it says 4k at 100mbps. How this compare to the Evo with the 4K 60fps. I am speechless that a $500 dollars drone could have a better 4K than a $1000 Drone.

Err I think you got the lingo mixed up.. You do know the difference between fps and mbps right?

FPS is framerate and mbps is the bitrate.

The X8 Records 4k 30FPS @ 100mbit, the Evo 4k60FPS @ 100mbit.

Certainly the X8 is well priced and I intend on getting one at some point, but its certainly not "better" than the Evo (nor the Mavic for that matter). In fact, as it stands the Evo is the only fold-able quadcopter on the market capable of 4k60.

Yup, I got things mixed up. Thanks for the clarification.

The X8's camera is s horrible attemp of a 4k camera. It is blurry, the colors are horrible, imo it looks like an upscale 1080p pretending to be 4k. That being said, technology is going down on costs and some great drones are popping up at reasonable prices.

Err I think you got the lingo mixed up.. You do know the difference between fps and mbps right?

FPS is framerate and mbps is the bitrate.

The X8 Records 4k 30FPS @ 100mbit, the Evo 4k60FPS @ 100mbit.

Certainly the X8 is well priced and I intend on getting one at some point, but its certainly not "better" than the Evo (nor the Mavic for that matter). In fact, as it stands the Evo is the only fold-able quadcopter on the market capable of 4k60.
Do you know what is the maximum write speed of the EVO on MB/s? I have a 64GB Class 10 U1 that I want to use on my Evo.

Do you know what is the maximum write speed of the EVO on MB/s? I have a 64GB Class 10 U1 that I want to use on my Evo.

If you look at the "details/info" of a video file saved it will give you the Bit rate that it is... That being said, My 4K/60FPS files that were filmed by the Evo are usually in the 85-90 Mbps range. You will need a card with at least that as a "write" speed. Just check the specs of whatever card you are looking at because they usually just quote the "read" speed in the descriptions!

Reactions: macoman and Ansia
If you look at the "details/info" of a video file saved it will give you the Bit rate that it is... That being said, My 4K/60FPS files that were filmed by the Evo are usually in the 85-90 Mbps range. You will need a card with at least that as a "write" speed. Just check the specs of whatever card you are looking at because they usually just quote the "read" speed in the descriptions!
Used this page to confirm it will.

Mbps to MB/s Converter (Megabit per second to Megabyte per second)

My C10 U1 writes at 18MB/s constant and 100Mbps = 12.5MB/s.

Thanks.

Reactions: macoman
Plus they say the bird can fly like 7 miles but the red only has connection up to like 3, makes me curious on how they’re getting the other 4[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: Ansia and macoman
I would not be using a U1 for filming. I would be looking at U3.
I do have a couple of U3, but I have a perfectly 64GB U1 that needs some kind of use.

That being said, I would like your jnput on why not? It clearly writes faster than the Evo can. I've used it on other 100mpbs drones w/o problems. Reason it was shelved is because I bought an U3 120GB one.

I do have a couple of U3, but I have a perfectly 64GB U1 that needs some kind of use.

That being said, I would like your jnput on why not? It clearly writes faster than the Evo can. I've used it on other 100mpbs drones w/o problems. Reason it was shelved is because I bought an U3 120GB one.
Speeds obviously but it's always recommended for high quality videos. If the card is not fast enough to capture the high rate high quality, it may lose quality. Like stuttering/framerate etc...

Last edited:
Plus they say the bird can fly like 7 miles but the red only has connection up to like 3, makes me curious on how they’re getting the other 4[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The X8 is good for 5km on the specs, not 7 miles. And I wouldn't doubt it, the mi 4k was good for 2km on paper and I could get at least 5km in the real world.

Mind you the X8 operates only on 5.8ghz for which if it's obeying CE standards means it won't get anywhere near that with <20dBm. I suspect the European users might complain about this. It's unfortunate the Evo does not support 5ghz as other aircraft do

It should work fine for the most part in filming 4k, it's when it needs to exceed this speed for burst shots it might become an issue

Reactions: Ansia
The F8 has 4K 30 FPS 100 MBPS, the Evo has 4K 60 FPS 100 MBPS. So the Evo is clearly the more capable camera. Also, we'll have to see how the dynamic range on the fimi is. Expect the fimi to cut some corners.

The F8 has 4K 30 FPS 100 MBPS, the Evo has 4K 60 FPS 100 MBPS. So the Evo is clearly the more capable camera. Also, we'll have to see how the dynamic range on the fimi is. Expect the fimi to cut some corners.

Ambarella H2 (Evo) vs Ambarella A12s (X8). They cut a reasonably big corner.

https://www.ambarella.com/uploads/docs/A12S-Product-Brief.pdf
https://www.ambarella.com/uploads/docs/H2-Product-Brief.pdf

To be fair, I think its expected at this price-point.

Can you put these in layman terms. I'm not savy with all that tech talk in those pdfs.

Basically its the little chip that processes the image that comes from the camera and encodes it into pictures or video. The chip used in the Evo (its even better than the one used in the P4P) is much better than that being used in the X8 and you would be getting much better quality results even though the sensor size used in the Evo and X8 is the same.

Reactions: Ansia
Basically its the little chip that processes the image that comes from the camera and encodes it into pictures or video. The chip used in the Evo (its even better than the one used in the P4P) is much better than that being used in the X8 and you would be getting much better quality results even though the sensor size used in the Evo and X8 is the same.
No wonder the photos taken in this Timelapse by the EVO look better (IMO) than on my Phantom.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials