Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Rental House - Blue Skies Drone Rental

herein2021

Reaction score
So I have a project coming up where a client needs me to livestream a national golf tournament with a drone. I did some research and the last thing I want to do is buy the number of batteries needed or the Live Deck this close to the EVO III coming out so I decided to see if there are any rental houses for Autel equipment. I thought for sure that I wouldn't find any but there actually seems to be one and they even have the Live Deck and batteries for rent. In case anyone else needs to rent Autel EVO II gear or maybe wants to try the Autel EVO II before you buy it Blue Skies Drone Rental may have you covered.

I have not rented with them yet so I don't know anything about their customer service, rental policies, etc. but if anyone else has tried them it would be great to hear about your experience. I have had both good and bad experiences with rental houses so for a gig this important I may do a test rental with them a month or so before the project date to test out their equipment (especially the batteries) and rental/return process. If the test rental process works out I may even rent a second EVO II 6K as a backup just to have all of my bases covered for the event.

In other news it will be pretty cool to have EVO II 6K livestreaming video footage around the world for the event. Unfortunately everyone will think a DJI drone is filming the footage.

So I have a project coming up where a client needs me to livestream a national golf tournament with a drone. I did some research and the last thing I want to do is buy the number of batteries needed or the Live Deck this close to the EVO III coming out so I decided to see if there are any rental houses for Autel equipment. I thought for sure that I wouldn't find any but there actually seems to be one and they even have the Live Deck and batteries for rent. In case anyone else needs to rent Autel EVO II gear or maybe wants to try the Autel EVO II before you buy it Blue Skies Drone Rental may have you covered.

I have not rented with them yet so I don't know anything about their customer service, rental policies, etc. but if anyone else has tried them it would be great to hear about your experience. I have had both good and bad experiences with rental houses so for a gig this important I may do a test rental with them a month or so before the project date to test out their equipment (especially the batteries) and rental/return process. If the test rental process works out I may even rent a second EVO II 6K as a backup just to have all of my bases covered for the event.

In other news it will be pretty cool to have EVO II 6K livestreaming video footage around the world for the event. Unfortunately everyone will think a DJI drone is filming the footage.
I have debated gutting a battery and setting up a tether. I've done it for other platforms and fall over laughing when I see $10k price tags for sub 1k solutions. Surely one of the vendors has considered it....

I have debated gutting a battery and setting up a tether. I've done it for other platforms and fall over laughing when I see $10k price tags for sub 1k solutions. Surely one of the vendors has considered it....

Interesting idea, but for this project the drone needs to follow groups of golfers around the course so it would need more mobility than that.

I just recently rented with Blue Skies and had a very good experience. Everything showed up on time and in working order. They even called to verify a couple items in my order. You could tell some of the batteries had been through a lot of charging cycles, but they worked fine with only a small reduction in flight time.

My suggestion would be to contact them directly via phone, I believe they have some items not listed on their website and may even have some options for your project. I dealt with Tiffany and she was very helpful.

Reactions: herein2021
I just recently rented with Blue Skies and had a very good experience. Everything showed up on time and in working order. They even called to verify a couple items in my order. You could tell some of the batteries had been through a lot of charging cycles, but they worked fine with only a small reduction in flight time.

My suggestion would be to contact them directly via phone, I believe they have some items not listed on their website and may even have some options for your project. I dealt with Tiffany and she was very helpful.

Thank you for the feedback, that is great to hear. Definitely will be a help with this project.

Advexure has also offered rentals for the last eight years. Rental services are available to commercial operators and businesses for the entire Autel EVO II line, including the new EVO II Enterprise series. You can email [email protected] for any rental needs. Minimum rental is 3 days for any non-local (SoCal) rentals that require equipment to be shipped.

Reactions: herein2021
Advexure has also offered rentals for the last eight years. Rental services are available to commercial operators and businesses for the entire Autel EVO II line, including the new EVO II Enterprise series. You can email [email protected] for any rental needs. Minimum rental is 3 days for any non-local (SoCal) rentals that require equipment to be shipped.

I was not aware of that, will definitely have to keep that option in mind as well, I never saw rental services offered on the website nor are they findable via Google so its definitely a well kept secret.

I was not aware of that, will definitely have to keep that option in mind as well, I never saw rental services offered on the website nor are they findable via Google so its definitely a well kept secret.
🤫 Always been a tightly kept program really only offered into film/cinema locally for many years and then B2B by our enterprise solutions team.

Of, just get a livedeck, sometimes there are bargains on ebay, they work great for live broadcast events among other uses. One caveat to watch out for is that the LD HDMI put out 1080p, have run into situations where the broadcast switch/board was only 1080i, however easily fixed with a decimator. Another use of the LD is as a "directors" platform, I have a small tablet that attaches to the LD, the director or producer can then hold the display and direct without having to look over your shoulder.

Of, just get a livedeck, sometimes there are bargains on ebay, they work great for live broadcast events among other uses. One caveat to watch out for is that the LD HDMI put out 1080p, have run into situations where the broadcast switch/board was only 1080i, however easily fixed with a decimator. Another use of the LD is as a "directors" platform, I have a small tablet that attaches to the LD, the director or producer can then hold the display and direct without having to look over your shoulder.

I never buy something that I don't need often if I can help it, and definitely would not buy anything new for the EVO II with the EVO III right around the corner. I rent equipment for bigger shoots all the time and add the rental fees to the invoice.

For this project renting makes way more sense.

Good point, concur about not buying what you dont need, or are not able to build into project pricing, thats how I got livedeck, as part of project, now its the gift that keeps giving in many different ways. Btw, whats the date for the EVO III as well as specs, sounds interesting.

Good point, concur about not buying what you dont need, or are not able to build into project pricing, thats how I got livedeck, as part of project, now its the gift that keeps giving in many different ways. Btw, whats the date for the EVO III as well as specs, sounds interesting.

I do occasionally get equipment like that, if a project is paying so much that it will easily cover the purchase price of a piece of equipment that I consider useful for other projects or that I have rented a few time then I'll go ahead and add the full cost to the invoice, but for my particular use cases the LD did not make sense.

It is all rumor of course but the two cameras for the EVO III that interest me are the 4/3 sensor and the 1.4" sensor. No idea yet what they mean by the 1.4" sensor.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller