Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Guys, how to install beta version, don't understand? :(
Downloaded file and put in in general space on flash, thats all

Yeah. Paste it on your SD card. Insert card into the bird and power up the RC and then the bird. Give it a second. The update notification should pop up. Start the update. Let it do it’s thing and then restart the bird once downloading is completed. Upon restarting, check the FW versions to make sure it reflects the FW version. Good luck.

Reactions: PingSpike and Dan89
I just updated to 2.5.11 from the dropbox link, all of my individual firmware versions match with the exception of the following (bracketed versions are what its supposed to be)

Flight Control: V0.0.1.106 [V0.0.1.108]
Gimbal: V0.1.34.0 [V0.1.35.0]

I did every calibration, IMU, Gimbal, Compass, and RC without any issues. Haven't had a chance to fly it because its dark out and i don't feel like chancing anything.

I saw other reports of the wrong flight control version but no followups from anyone. Hopefully someone is able to shed some light on the discrepancy.

Thanks

Reactions: parkgt and Tufargon
I just updated to 2.5.11 from the dropbox link, all of my individual firmware versions match with the exception of the following (bracketed versions are what its supposed to be)

Flight Control: V0.0.1.106 [V0.0.1.108]
Gimbal: V0.1.34.0 [V0.1.35.0]

I did every calibration, IMU, Gimbal, Compass, and RC without any issues. Haven't had a chance to fly it because its dark out and i don't feel like chancing anything.

I saw other reports of the wrong flight control version but no followups from anyone. Hopefully someone is able to shed some light on the discrepancy.

Thanks
Remember to do it again for each battery and do the calibrations after the last battery.

After doing it three times I had the following two off:

Camera was V0.2.29.24 vs ****.23 as shown in notes

Gimbal was V0.1.34.0 vs **** .35.0 as shown in the notes

Flight control matched.

I called CS and the rep was clueless but said he would pass it on.

Remember to do it again for each battery and do the calibrations after the last battery.

After doing it three times I had the following two off:

Camera was V0.2.29.24 vs ****.23 as shown in notes

Gimbal was V0.1.34.0 vs **** .35.0 as shown in the notes

Flight control matched.

I called CS and the rep was clueless but said he would pass it on.
Ahh thanks for the information. I do have 2 more batteries to update.

So follow the same process as before? Copy the binary to the sd card and start everything up. I assume the drone renamed the binary on the sd card after it finished flashing so it wouldn't flash it every time it starts up.

Just got home and ran the firmware upgrade two more times, with a new battery in each time.

I did have to copy the firmware onto my sd card each time, there was no "_old" version of the file on the card. I made sure hidden files and known file extensions were shown.

After each update i followed the instructions to reboot the controller and drone, and each time both firmware versions i mentioned in my original reply had not changed. Not sure what to do now. I may try downloading the firmware from autels website and running an md5sum on it to compare with the version in the dropbox and report back.

Any other ideas are welcome at this point. I'm sure its safe to fly but i'd rather be on the safe side and wait until i understand why my versions aren't matching.

Last edited:
So I confirmed my theory, the firmware file in the dropbox link included at the beginning of this thread for 2.5.11 is not the same file as the one downloaded from Autel's website.

I have included a screenshot of the MD5sum for the version I just downloaded from Autels website, which has the "(1)" at the end of the file name, and the dropbox version which is the normal filename.

For those that may not know, the filename does not affect the md5sum for a file, so I know that these files are different from one another in some way.

The filesize is also different by ~1kb, which doesn't really mean anything besides the files are different.

This does make me wonder which version Autel meant to be the true 2.5.11 version, or if they're even aware they have 2 different versions out there under the same version number. Definitely not a good thing on their part. It doesn't make troubleshooting problems easy either.

I suppose I'll flash the one from the website next and report back.

Attachments

• autel evo 2 firmware.png
    autel evo 2 firmware.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 8
  • autel evo 2 firmware - filesize.png
    autel evo 2 firmware - filesize.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 7
Just flashed the autel version.

Flight control version is now correct.
Gimbal version is still V0.1.34.0
Camera version is V0.2.29.24 which is now a version ahead of the original post.

Makes me wonder if they're doing incremental changes to the firmware without changing the version number.

Reactions: Andrew01
Just flashed the autel version.

Flight control version is now correct.
Gimbal version is still V0.1.34.0
Camera version is V0.2.29.24 which is now a version ahead of the original post.

Makes me wonder if they're doing incremental changes to the firmware without changing the version num
Amateur hour continues at Autel!

Amateur hour continues at Autel!
yep, so it at least looks like you and i are running the same version, but others probably aren't. I might continue testing my theory by downloading the firmware from their website every couple of days and md5suming them against the one i downloaded today to see if they change it again without doing a version bump.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkgt
21-10-2020 "new" version of a "same" 2.5.11 on autel site ;)
Screenshot_20201022_103315_com.autelrobotics.explorer.jpgScreenshot_20201022_103303_com.autelrobotics.explorer.jpg
Hope they fixed AF problem ;)
A and the app changed to .10 !

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Thank you for participating in the Beta firmware testing. We are pleased to release the EVO II firmware V2.5.11 today. Compared with the current official version V2.5.0, the changes include:
New Features:
  1. Added IMU Calibration
  2. Added the third axis compass calibration to improve calibration accuracy
  3. Added InfiRay 640T thermal camera with radiometric support (specific regions only)
  4. Added Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight Modes.
  5. Added SD exFAT large file system support (3.5 GB or more)

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized gimbal stability
  2. Optimized gimbal automatic calibration by adding gyro bias calibration
  3. Improved the Smart Orbit performance
  4. Optimized the balance of picture sharpness and noise, color reproduction and the tones in some scenes for both 8K and 6K to improve JPEG image quality
  5. Optimized 8K focus performance
  6. Changed the default video encoding format to H.265 for videos in 6K and 8K resolutions
  7. Resolved EXIF data error issue

Notes:
  1. After the firmware upgrade, please perform gimbal auto calibration, IMU calibration and Compass calibration before the first flight.
  2. In order to support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.7.5, Android V1.1.7.10 or newer.

Explorer app users will receive the OTA firmware update notification on the app home page after 60 seconds the aircraft, RC and mobile device are connected. (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support!

Question number one to Autel : I am running the beta app (android) and beta 2.5.11. Are there any changes with the official release? Do I need to reinstall 2.5.11?

Autels response: Yes, please upgrade to the official release

Updated fw 2.5..11 firmware to stable release
If you had the previous version installed, I would download this and update again. It appears they changed some data in the file. I used BeyondCompare tool to compare the 2 files they are not the same.

1603391038804.png

The camera is 0.2.29.23 in original beta, its 0.2.29.24 in this released version. So for sure reinstall this if you had the beta.

If you had the previous version installed, I would download this and update again. It appears they changed some data in the file. I used BeyondCompare tool to compare the 2 files they are not the same.

View attachment 8815

The camera is 0.2.29.23 in original beta, its 0.2.29.24 in this released version. So for sure reinstall this if you had the beta.
Hence the reason Autel said to update to the new firmware and ditch the Beta. Brought to your attention post # 156

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d