Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Is there another way to update firmware Ver.2.5.0 instead of going through the bin setup, I downloaded V2.5.0.bin then I get No Preview Available?

Surely, must be a better way to update firmware? My App Store shows I’m on V1.5.11, but it’s a crazy way to update app going through that Bin link.

I did mine over the air; with everything turned on and connected I got a prompt to update. Took several minutes and then prompted to update the RC. Went off without a hitch. Battery firmware # didn't change so no need to cycle through them.

Flew three batteries, with no strange behavior.

Can hand launch without having to resort to Boat mode.

I was still limited to 328 feet in Orbit radius, will have to try again.

Tried Orbit again and still restricted to a radius of 328'.

Any one getting beyond that to the claimed 500m?

Just updated my firmware and I am not sure it updated. is this the correct firmware versions? 50EBFE71-6896-404F-886F-DFB77DF0E0D5.png

Looks right.
You can always check on the release notes page from Autel.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Is there another way to update firmware Ver.2.5.0 instead of going through the bin setup, I downloaded V2.5.0.bin then I get No Preview Available?

Surely, must be a better way to update firmware? My App Store shows I’m on V1.5.11, but it’s a crazy way to update app going through that Bin link.

I usually download the firmware on my computer and install it via SD-card - for me it's way faster. The download takes forever on the phone.

And for the download - of course you can't get a preview. How are they supposed to preview a firmware file? ;-)

Yes we know.... ha-ha.. been like that all the time, Autel don't seem to want to do anything about it to make it easier, just having which version of FW would be the answer rather than having to decipher through each individual FW version from their site... plain weird...
You should get a message on the controller telling you there is an update available, follow instructions and it should download to the controller, re-start everything and it should install to everything... notice I say should do, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.. this is why they give you the SD card option... also if you have more than one battery I have been told you are supposed to do it for each battery, the only way would be using the SD card direct method, now I personally don't believe it as my batteries always seem to have the correct FW version installed, I'm certain every time you change battery and connect to the drone it checks or updated the FW... otherwise it is super just plain weird... you don't see the message on the controller again saying there is an update, well I never have so once done you basically have done one battery, SD card for the rest.... NO...!!!

Hope that is some help, buy you need to do what you feel comfortable with... Cheers

Yes we know.... ha-ha.. been like that all the time, Autel don't seem to want to do anything about it to make it easier, just having which version of FW would be the answer rather than having to decipher through each individual FW version from their site... plain weird...
You should get a message on the controller telling you there is an update available, follow instructions and it should download to the controller, re-start everything and it should install to everything... notice I say should do, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.. this is why they give you the SD card option... also if you have more than one battery I have been told you are supposed to do it for each battery, the only way would be using the SD card direct method, now I personally don't believe it as my batteries always seem to have the correct FW version installed, I'm certain every time you change battery and connect to the drone it checks or updated the FW... otherwise it is super just plain weird... you don't see the message on the controller again saying there is an update, well I never have so once done you basically have done one battery, SD card for the rest.... NO...!!!

Hope that is some help, buy you need to do what you feel comfortable with... Cheers
I too thought you had to do each battery, as some YT video's say. I checked after installing V2.5.0 . Put 2nd battery in rebooted and checked battery FW. Same number as first battery.

Someone asked the same question on their facbook page. Here is the answer they got.
Weituo AR The app also needs to be updated. The Beta version will be released soon.
I too thought you had to do each battery, as some YT video's say. I checked after installing V2.5.0 . Put 2nd battery in rebooted and checked battery FW. Same number as first battery.
Just check the firmware number for the battery in the release notes if it hasn't changed there is no reason to cycle through the batteries.

When doing a firmware update if you watch the update progress you will see if the battery was included. If it did not update then don't bother with the rest of them.

Didn't update first time via the app but it worked second time, only settings changed for me were video encoding moved back to H264 and image format went back to JPG instead of RAW. One successful flight to test, including a short time over a forest floor without GPS and it worked well. Hoping for some good video to see whether the video optimisation is obvious.

So there is a beta v2.5.11 firmware now available.

Release notes:

• - Optimized gimbal stability
  • - Optimized gimbal automatic calibration by adding gyro bias calibration
  • - Improved the Smart Orbit performance
  • - Optimized the balance of picture sharpness and noise, color reproduction and the tones in some scenes for both 8K and 6K to improve JPEG image quality
  • - Changed the default video encoding format to H.265 for videos in 6K and 8K resolutions
  • - Resolved EXIF data error issue
No mention of fixing the drifting issue from 2.5.0? ?

So there is a beta v2.5.11 firmware now available.

Release notes:

• - Optimized gimbal stability
  • - Optimized gimbal automatic calibration by adding gyro bias calibration
  • - Improved the Smart Orbit performance
  • - Optimized the balance of picture sharpness and noise, color reproduction and the tones in some scenes for both 8K and 6K to improve JPEG image quality
  • - Changed the default video encoding format to H.265 for videos in 6K and 8K resolutions
  • - Resolved EXIF data error issue
No mention of fixing the drifting issue from 2.5.0? ?
Who wants to go first? Not me!

Interesting App updates too. Now OA can be switched in one click, like Sport mode in DJI. They do read forums ;)
For me gimbal stability is an issue, in mid flight it rolls a bit on one side. But next flight starts strait horizontal as it should. Hopefully they fixed it in firmware.

Android Version: V1.1.7.8

New Features:

1. Added EVO II RTK supports <--- what is this?o_O
  2. Added IMU calibration
  3. Added 640T thermal camera and radiometric supports (Region Specific)
  4. Added moving Time Lapse in Intelligent Flight Mode
  5. Added Indoor Mode: optimized for indoor (No GPS connection present) flights, Propeller Guards Required
  6. Added the third axis calibration in compass calibration
  7. Added Obstacle Avoidance quick switch in the top right corner

Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:

1. Resolved the gimbal roll axis tilt issue in waypoint mission
  2. Translation error fixes

Last edited:
So I've been flying 2.5.11 a few days now (in the Beta program) and I'll say I've yet to see any drift, or anything as bad as 2.5.0 was. I think there are still a few bugs (and things I don't know/or care for), but I've still got some flying profiles to compete to see how it works.
All in all, I'm happier with this build

Ok, did my upgrade this morning. Did some hover testing on first battery and all the calibration stuff. So far, no drifting in hover or flight. I used to get gimbal calibration errors in 2.5.0 with Freewell Filters which now seems to be fixed. The programmable buttons are there on Android now. This don't always seem to work when pressed is one of the issues i"ve seen. I tested Orbit and Smart Orbit with no issues. The Time Lapse with movement works BUT ONLY in a straight line. It won't let you use the Left stick at all to yaw. The disable sensors in the App works well. Now if they'd only give us speed control so easily. They really need to replace the battery voltage on the app to the %. Its the one thing that keeps me looking at my RC vs. the app. Or maybe put the % by the count down timer.

Anybody know where they want bug reports or enhancements?

After serval rounds of internal Beta test, we are pleased to release EVO II firmware V2.5.11 for the public Beta test. Compared with the current official version V2.5.0, the changes include:
New Features:
  1. Added IMU Calibration
  2. Added the third axis compass calibration to improve calibration accuracy
  3. Added 640T thermal camera with radiometric support (specific regions only)
  4. Added Time Lapse in Intelligent Flight Modes.
  5. Added Indoor flight mode: optimized for indoor (Zero Satellite Connections) flights,Propeller Guards Required.
  6. Added SD exFAT large file system support (3.5 GB or more)
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized gimbal stability
  2. Optimized gimbal automatic calibration by adding gyro bias calibration
  3. Improved the Smart Orbit performance
  4. Optimized the balance of picture sharpness and noise, color reproduction and the tones in some scenes for both 8K and 6K to improve JPEG image quality
  5. Optimized 8K focus performance
  6. Changed the default video encoding format to H.265 for videos in 6K and 8K resolutions
  7. Resolved EXIF data error issue

Notes:
  1. After the firmware upgrade, please perform gimbal auto calibration, IMU calibration and Compass calibration before the first flight.
  2. In order to support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.7.5, Android V1.1.7.8 and newer.

You can download the Beta firmware 2.5.11 through our website: https://auteldrones.com/pages/evo-ii-downloads
Here is the instruction video for manual firmware upgrade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY6Fuh_gYkQ&t=3s
If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems with the app, please let us know immediately by contacting our customer service at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com, or leave comments below this post.
Thanks for your support.
Born to explore!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials