Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Just updated to the latest firmware and the 3 advanced settings for things like Yaw were blank, so I entered 100,100,65 (sorry, cannot remember exactly what they are, but my EXP settings are fine).
Then I went back and I saw N/A flash in each box and then go blank again. I tried removing Autel Explorer and reinstalled, still same thing. Any ideas?

RTICWOLF, did you find a fix for this. Thought about D/L the previous firmware but I loose Pana.Mode which I really like.......

RTICWOLF, did you find a fix for this. Thought about D/L the previous firmware but I loose Pana.Mode which I really like.......
No fix and Autel support was no help. I can confirm that when I used my wife's IPhone that the issue does not exist. So it appears to be an Android only issue.
What I cannot confirm is that if the settings I made on the iPhone are what the Android is using since they go blank right after a brief moment when those fields show "N/A".
I also have not rolled back to the previous firmware.

18 september 2021

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!
Autel introduced 2 versions of firmwares for both V1 and V2 (with and w/o smartcontroller)

Beta Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.30 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.61 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:
COMPONENTEVO II V1EVO II V2
Flight ControlV0.0.4.63V0.0.4.63
CameraV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller)
V4.0.0.11
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller
RC PanelV3.0.14.0
N/A(Smart Controller)
V4.0.3.7
N/A(Smart Controller)
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
Gimbal0.1.55.00.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.16.0V0.0.16.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
    • - Added EVO II Enterprise aircraft support
      • Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
      • - Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error
      • - Fixed panorama photo compiling error
      • - Optimized precision landing performance
      • - Fixed EVO II 640T temperature warning invalid issue
      • - Fixed RC connection stability issue on EVO II V2
      • - Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue on EVO II V2
      • - Optimized image transmission signal performance on EVO II V2
    • Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.1.42, Android V1.1.7.90 or newer

Last edited:
On September 21, I turned on the evo2 pro v2 drone and the firmware v2.1.57 flew in. The firmware was installed, I rebooted the drone and the remote control, and then turned off the drone. Today I turned on the drone on the street and wanted to fly, but one engine refused to rotate.

At first I thought it was a malfunction of the motor, and then I remembered about the unknown firmware, which is nowhere indicated as stable and as a beta version.
Now I have updated the drone to v2.1.61 and the problem with the engine is gone, all the motors are spinning.

Ok, so there is a bug in the 2.7.30 V1 firmware with Landscape Pano's. I have reported it to Autel Support as I have a case open.

. It has something to do with OA and altitude.

So with OA ON, the landscape panoramic works if you are below like 60’ or so. At 100’ and OA ON, you never get the video feed back and it doesn’t finish stitching the landscape pano.
With OA OFF, the landscape pano works fine 3’ off the ground and 100’ in the air.
So it has something to do with OA and altitude.

I did a test where I turned OA off and went too 100’ and was successful doing the landscape pano. I then just ONLY turned on OA and did the pano again and the screen froze and I never got video back.
What a very weird bug. So the workaround is just turn off OA. And its only the Landscape pano. The wide works fine.

On September 21, I turned on the evo2 pro v2 drone and the firmware v2.1.57 flew in. The firmware was installed, I rebooted the drone and the remote control, and then turned off the drone. Today I turned on the drone on the street and wanted to fly, but one engine refused to rotate.

At first I thought it was a malfunction of the motor, and then I remembered about the unknown firmware, which is nowhere indicated as stable and as a beta version.
Now I have updated the drone to v2.1.61 and the problem with the engine is gone, all the motors are spinning.
Wow, 3/4 motors spinning seems like something that would have been tested... I mean...... Super curious to know what would happen if you tried to take off... I'm not saying do it... just super curious..... maybe too curious.

Wow, 3/4 motors spinning seems like something that would have been tested... I mean...... Super curious to know what would happen if you tried to take off... I'm not saying do it... just super curious..... maybe too curious.
The drone will just flip over.

Reactions: Anzacjack
Tell me where can I find the firmware for evo 2 v2 that comes with it from the factory? And what is the firmware version? After all, when you turn it on for the first time, it asks you to upgrade to 2.1.31, but after all, when you turn it on for the first time, the previous version is there and it's not 2.1.31.

The fix is the BETA Explorer...not firmware but AE - beta. Also I had black in that settings, and in Beta I can see the settings and they actually remains.
Is an Android issue, don't know for IOS.

2.1.77 for V2 Standard RC (12/14/2021)

2021-12-21
Download
What's New

New Features:

Added ADS-B feature on EVO II Enterprise (Receiving only)

Bug fixes and optimizations:

Fixed RC connection stability issue

Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue

Fixed panorama photo compiling error

Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error

Fixed No-Fly Zone flight failure in USA

Fixed NTRIP RTK Network compatibility issues

Optimized image transmission signal performance

Optimized precision landing performance

Official Link

Reactions: Eagle928
2.1.77 for V2 Standard RC (12/14/2021)

2021-12-21
Download
What's New

New Features:

Added ADS-B feature on EVO II Enterprise (Receiving only)

Bug fixes and optimizations:

Fixed RC connection stability issue

Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue

Fixed panorama photo compiling error

Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error

Fixed No-Fly Zone flight failure in USA

Fixed NTRIP RTK Network compatibility issues

Optimized image transmission signal performance

Optimized precision landing performance

Official Link

I haven't had a chance to test the last update from the other day. Does this fix some bugs in that one?

There is. I installed it the other day and it does now have the x16 zoom feature.

Pretty convoluted update process, but it's too windy to fly today anyway; and everything worked in the end, so all is well.

When checked from within the app, Autel Explorer on the Smart Controller insisted that the firmware and app were current, when they were not.

It did, however, download and install an update for the aircraft, which was already current.

The firmware update for the controller is a .bin file that can only be manually installed by downloading it to an SD card and booting the aircraft into it. Downloading it directly to the controller won't work. Okay, that one makes some sense, I guess. There's no SD slot on the controller.

Downloading the .apk for the app also didn't work using Chrome. Tapping the button downloaded the entire page -- except for the .apk file. Rather than try to figure that one out, I installed Midori from F-Droid, which did work.

When asked if I wanted to install the update, it told me that the settings would be preserved. They weren't. But I knew that would happen anyway because it's happened for every previous update.

In the end, however, everything worked. The drone was slightly angry at me for taking it out in the wind; but I stayed in my backyard and kept it low. Once it realized it was only a quick test flight, it relaxed; and now we're buddies again.

Reactions: Eagle928

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d