Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

I just did the latest firmware updates on 7-17-2021. Everything went smoothly. I do like the fact that the map shows the blue bowtie restriction zones. Just to make sure it wasn't Geofenced I flew across one and came back. I didn't get a single warning. You only see the blue bow ties on the map. I hope they aren't slowly setting us up for real geofencing though. Like slowly increasing the temp of a pot with a frog to boiling until it's dead.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
I just did the latest firmware updates on 7-17-2021. Everything went smoothly. I do like the fact that the map shows the blue bowtie restriction zones. Just to make sure it wasn't Geofenced I flew across one and came back. I didn't get a single warning. You only see the blue bow ties on the map. I hope they aren't slowly setting us up for real geofencing though. Like slowly increasing the temp of a pot with a frog to boiling until it's dead.
I think that would be suicide at this point.

Autel has already alienated a considerable number of existing customers by dropping support for their birds. They've also annoyed, if not alienated, at least a few new customers who bought V1 drones only to learn that they will NEVER be able to buy SC's for them, because there was no disclosure to that effect on the Web site. Implementing the one feature (or more accurately, doing away with the lack of same) that still sets the company apart would leave Autel with few or no distinctive selling points.

Alienating existing customers while simultaneously offering nothing excitingly different to attract new customers doesn't sound like a formula for success to me.

Reactions: Greg
I think that would be suicide at this point.

Autel has already alienated a considerable number of existing customers by dropping support for their birds. They've also annoyed, if not alienated, at least a few new customers who bought V1 drones only to learn that they will NEVER be able to buy SC's for them, because there was no disclosure to that effect on the Web site. Implementing the one feature (or more accurately, doing away with the lack of same) that still sets the company apart would leave Autel with few or no distinctive selling points.

Alienating existing customers while simultaneously offering nothing excitingly different to attract new customers doesn't sound like a formula for success to me.
I watched this video. Autel is rolling out V1 and V2 smart controllers for their respective drones. At the moment the SCs being made are V1 for the V1 drones. When the V2 drones start coming out, A V2 SC will be rolled out with it. The video talks about this toward the end.

FW 2.7.25, AE 1.1.7.81/83, Settings->Visual Navigation->Auxiliary Bottom Light
Off - Ok
On - Ok
Auto - Ok
Flash 1s - wtf
Flash 2s - wtf
Does anybody see a different result?

I watched this video. Autel is rolling out V1 and V2 smart controllers for their respective drones. At the moment the SCs being made are V1 for the V1 drones. When the V2 drones start coming out, A V2 SC will be rolled out with it. The video talks about this toward the end.
Yes, it does. But the video is by Empire Drone, a distributor that's doing the right thing, not by Autel.

FW 2.7.25, AE 1.1.7.81/83, Settings->Visual Navigation->Auxiliary Bottom Light
Off - Ok
On - Ok
Auto - Ok
Flash 1s - wtf
Flash 2s - wtf
Does anybody see a different result?
Didn't they always have those options? Not sure why the flashing options, except some people just may think it looks cooler? No clue. I like (on rare occasions) turning all led stuff off at night sometimes and do stealth missions. I'm a baaaaaad man. In the dark spying at 400 ft (so they can't hear you) is awesome. Just need to maintain situational awareness and watch the skies for incoming manned lights. You ever seen the movie, Catch Me, If You Can? If I can't see me aircraft, they can't either. The only difference is I know exactly where it is, they don't. I suspect this is why the FAA wants Drone Remote ID so badly. There will be two types of flyers. Ones who don't attach an ID system or disable it somehow and those that adhere to the rules without question. I don't screw around often, but when or if I do, it can be a thrill. Like driving a car at over 100 mph. You know the risk. You can lose you license. Bummer, but people do it all the time.

Billie Eilish- Bad Guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Azelgato
I need some help please. I have a V1 Smart Controller. It's new and came loaded with Explorer 1.0.41. I need to upgrade it to 1.1.7.81 (V1)to be compatible with the V1 controller.

I've read the posts and understand that IF I was using a phone in the standard controller, I could delete the V1.0.41 and load V1.17.81. In this case, I would have to delete V1.0.41 from the SC and hope that I could load V1.17.81 in its place.

Issue 1). From what I've read, it may be that the SC might have a problem with deleting the old app and loading a version that works with that particular Android 7 OS. I don't know.

Issue 2). Also, can someone point me in the direction of where I might find the download for the V1.17.81 ? I can find the V1.17.83 for the V2 SC, but don't need that one.

Thank you in advance of any help that you can offer.

Just updated to the latest firmware and the 3 advanced settings for things like Yaw were blank, so I entered 100,100,65 (sorry, cannot remember exactly what they are, but my EXP settings are fine).
Then I went back and I saw N/A flash in each box and then go blank again. I tried removing Autel Explorer and reinstalled, still same thing. Any ideas?

Then I went back and I saw N/A flash in each box and then go blank again. I tried removing Autel Explorer and reinstalled, still same thing. Any ideas?
Same ****. I suspect we have some new bugs now as a side effect of the remaking flight controller to support both standard & smart controller.

Same ****. I suspect we have some new bugs now as a side effect of the remaking flight controller to support both standard & smart controller.
I have not run the calibrations yet (IMU, gimbal, compass) as I have not flown it since the update. Have you by chance performed the calibrations and flown it yet?

I have not run the calibrations yet (IMU, gimbal, compass) as I have not flown it since the update. Have you by chance performed the calibrations and flown it yet?
I just did the calibrations in order (IMU, gimbal, compass) and the Sensitivity settings STILL go from quickly showing "N/A" to blank, even after manually entering them several times. Shutting down the drone and controller and turning back on did nothing.

At a loss as to why the settings don't stick....

Reactions: Third Eye View
Just updated to the latest firmware and the 3 advanced settings for things like Yaw were blank, so I entered 100,100,65 (sorry, cannot remember exactly what they are, but my EXP settings are fine).
I can confirm the problem, but I don't think it's with the aircraft firmware. I think it's with the Android app because the iOS version has the sensitivity settings intact.

If I had to guess, they hosed something in the Android app trying to make it work with the "custom" implementation of Android 7 on the SC. Maybe there's a dependency that's included in the stock Android, but not in the custom version, that's essential for that setting to work.

FWIW, when I connected the iPhone, the sensitivity settings were the same as where I left them the last time I used it. They also "felt" the same the last few times I've flown (which were using the Android), Perhaps borrowing an iOS device to change the settings to where you want them might be a [hopefully] temporary workaround.

I think this issue may deserve its own thread.

Reactions: rvl
Since the update the gimbal tilt on my Evo II Pro is extremely sensitive in smart orbit while in manual mode it is fine. It also seems to tilt up in smart orbit mode even though I have disable this function in the setting. Anybody else have this problem or a solution for it?
Thanks in advance!

You are right. I've downgraded the app to the version 1.1.7.38 and the sensevity settings are displayed properly.
This is the version I have actually on my Android and appears to be the latest version.....

The one feature that might get me to update FW is ramping on the gimbal tilt. I've long since slowed it waaaaay down, but it's still comes to an abrupt/clunky/not cinematic stop when it hits an endpoint. Is this noticeably better with the Beta versus FW v2.5.22?
Same question. Not sure what the newest update actually does. Says 2 things about "slow" gimbal movement. That's not exactly ramping, or is it?

I updated the FW to find that the gimbal sensitivity slider is now vastly slower on the low end of the range (such that I had to completely readjust to how slow it now is. My previous setting of 17 had me convinced the gimbal was frozen or broken at first!), and that start/stop or hitting the limits doesn't visibly clunk the video image like before ("ramping"). Worth doing just for this improvement

I updated the FW to find that the gimbal sensitivity slider is now vastly slower on the low end of the range (such that I had to completely readjust to how slow it now is. My previous setting of 17 had me convinced the gimbal was frozen or broken at first!), and that start/stop or hitting the limits doesn't visibly clunk the video image like before ("ramping"). Worth doing just for this improvement
If you used the SD card for the update, try using the OTA. That fixed the problem for me. YMMV.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I just did the calibrations in order (IMU, gimbal, compass) and the Sensitivity settings STILL go from quickly showing "N/A" to blank, even after manually entering them several times. Shutting down the drone and controller and turning back on did nothing.

At a loss as to why the settings don't stick....
LOL, I just posted this in a FB group! My EVO was flying like crab so I went in and adjusted the settings. Took another flight was getting those jerky movements again and when I went into the settings all I sa was N/A very briefly and all fields were BLANK......

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials