Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Thanks. I made a manual firmware update and it works! I was a little confuse with the apk for the Beta App and the bin for the firmware.
You bet. That's what we are here for; to help one another. I've needed help a bunch of times. Sometimes I just needed to vent which can be a huge help. :)

Firmware
Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.25 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.57
CameraV0.2.32.32
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
RC PanelV3.0.13.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47
Gimbal0.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.32.32
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
  • - Added NTRIP Network RTK support on EVO II RTK series
  • - Added FLIR Boson 640 Radiometric sensor support
  • - Added customizable Home Point option
  • Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized No-Fly zone notifications
  • - Smoother gimbal pitch start and stop adjustment
  • - Increased the gimbal pitch sensitivity to support super slow movement.
  • - Standardized the GPS coordinate system (WGS84)

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.10.11, Android V1.1.7.81 or newer.

Last week I tried for the first time the Beta version and everything worked fine. So, yesterday Autel released the new firmware and few hours ago, I turned on my Evo 2 and no firmware updated show up. I reinstalled the Autel explorer APP because I was using beta and still not update show up (by air) how do I update to 1.10.11 version of Autel Explorer App (iOS)? I know the firmware I can download from the Autel website but the App I don’t know how to update. I will appreciate any help.
thank you guys!
flight safe and happy 4th July!

After finally finding the old thread that showed me how to unbind the Live Deck to even start this, I've been sitting for 20 minutes so far watching the firmware progress bar move about once every five minutes. Wait! Just got to 6%! Will it speed up in time to complete the update before batteries die? No. So, what then? Now I read that I could load the .bin, but no instructions do I find ANYWHERE on how to actually accomplish that. Will the partial firmware update brick my drone? Stay tuned. Started with a full battery now I'm down to one solid and one blinking. With the ridiculous hoops that I had to run through just to get the firmware update done on the Live Deck, now this, the constant annoying whine from the cheap fan in the remote control, settings that don't hold, oh wait. After getting to 7% after about a half hour it "failed to send firmware, reboot aircraft and try again." So I get to see if I can get it to recognize the SD card that does exist, and try again.

"Firmware transmission error, no SD card." Well yes, there is an SD card. In fact the application sees the SD card, tells me how much is in the SD card, and allows me to format the f****** SD card. I changed SD cards and put new SD cards in, I even put the SD card in that came with the thing. I've rebooted everything several times I've reopened everything in different orders, every combination possible. And just to tack on to my previous ranting, my horizon has never, ever been level. Ever. I've calibrated in every order that they've told me to calibrate and you've told me to calibrate and the videos have told me to calibrate, and the horizon has never been level. I'll wait to post for a couple hours until I get really really really really pissed off again.

I have had my drone for six months and never once have received an update notification. Do I need to manually update?

Reactions: atortaloha
The firmware has gone from Beta to Production today.

And the Explorer app has left beta now too and has been updated on both app stores.
No it hasn't. It is not available on the iOS App Store yet. Still the old version!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 10.30.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 10.30.26 AM.png
    507.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
I have had my drone for six months and never once have received an update notification. Do I need to manually update?
I barely ever do either. The best thing is to periodically check the support page on Autel's website and see what is new and manually update by dragging the files to a sd card that has been formatted in your drone and having that recognize and do it for you. Even that messes up many times. Annoying.

Firmware
Version and Release Notes

This firmware package V2.7.25 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.57
CameraV0.2.32.32
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
RC PanelV3.0.13.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47
Gimbal0.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.32.32
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

• New Features:
  • - Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
  • Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.10.11, Android V1.1.7.81 or newer.

Why for example is this not on Autel's website where the release notes are or something? SO lame you can't even find anything to update a simple firmware update.

No it hasn't. It is not available on the iOS App Store yet. Still the old version!
it absolutely has. so says the only official and acceptable source: the support page on autelrobotics.com; if you can't find it on the play store or app store then we can call it m-i-a for whatever reason (sometimes it takes awhile) but it's no longer in beta.

• Haha
I barely ever do either. The best thing is to periodically check the support page on Autel's website and see what is new and manually update by dragging the files to a sd card that has been formatted in your drone and having that recognize and do it for you. Even that messes up many times. Annoying.
I feel differently. the best way for the ordinary person to update their software is wait a few days for the new software or app to appear in their store. you can download and update from there; no one should be in that big of a hurry to update. searching the website, downloading apks, and sideloading apps is inappropriate for 99% of the users.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
it absolutely has. so says the only official and acceptable source: the support page on autelrobotics.com; if you can't find it on the play store or app store then we can call it m-i-a for whatever reason (sometimes it takes awhile) but it's no longer in beta.
So it's safe to say it is but it is not available yet to us on the App Store which to me means it's still unavailable. ?

The firmware update seems to have improved hovering and landing accuracy quite a bit.

After doing the update I did a few manual ascents to ~300 ft (~91 meters) AGL and spun her around in both directions a few times, then manually descended. Landing was within ~6 inches (~15 cm) of launch point. Then I did a few RTH's from various locations, with the same result.

The accuracy used to be about 12 - 18 inches (about 30 - 46 cm), which wasn't horrid. But all today's landings were within ~6 inches (~15 cm). It was a pretty gusty day, too. So that seems improved. The rest I didn't try.

This firmware package V2.7.25 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.31 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:
COMPONENTEVO II V1EVO II V2
Flight ControlV0.0.4.57V0.0.4.58
CameraV0.2.32.32V0.2.32.77
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12V4.0.0.11
RC PanelV3.0.13.0V4.0.3.9
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47V2.0.1.24
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.47V2.0.1.24
Gimbal0.1.55.00.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0V0.0.16.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.32.32V0.2.32.77
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6

• New Features:
  • - Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)
  • - Added EVO II V2 support on V2.1.31

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58