Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Will this firmware update also be required for each battery?
Yes. Each battery, once connected will have to be flashed with the new firmware. You should be good after that. You should only get the OTA firmware update prompt if that particular battery hasn't been updated.

Note, I had to do a full calibration after the update to eliminate some minor accuracy issues. The proper procedure I am told (in this order)
First: Gimbal calibration
Second: Compass calibration
Third: IMU calibration.

Now it returns to home within 1 foot of it's take off spot. It is also is very accurate now with the framing for repeat mission pics.

The firmware and app versions are posted here to roll back if needed. NEVER update until all the bugs are worked out, especially if you have things working for you. Generally, they will compile a list. You have to remember that even their beta testers do not always test EVERY function you/I may use. The programmers don't just jump on each bug, fix it, and update the fw again.. The compiling will take time, at least a few weeks based on history.
according to latest posters you cannot roll back the latest, unless it is some beta so I am stuck and no you cannot roll back.

Note, I had to do a full calibration after the update to eliminate some minor accuracy issues. The proper procedure I am told (in this order)

Now it returns to home within 1 foot of it's take off spot. It is also is very accurate now with the framing for repeat mission pics.
You know I'm very surprised that there are so many of the guys that buy the Autel that don't know that after every updates that you have to calibrate there Drones I think that most people that have problems don't read the manual

My Autel hits right on the spot it takes off from love it?

Reactions: UasDriver
My Autel hits right on the spot it takes off from
I burnt off a battery last night, 15mph winds gusting to 25+. the bird was 2ft off the deck auto landing when a gust slammed it 2ft right, it just corrected, and landed within a ft of take off!!!

You know I'm very surprised that there are so many of the guys that buy the Autel that don't know that after every updates that you have to calibrate there Drones I think that most people that have problems don't read the manual
unfortunately i did all those things and mine points south through every waypoint unless it is RTH where it flies exactly straight...Autel are still scratching their heads over this case. I just wish I never updated...my important lesson - don't update until months after release and not day 1 like I did and then to be told I cant roll back...madness!

unfortunately i did all those things and mine points south through every waypoint unless it is RTH where it flies exactly straight...Autel are still scratching their heads over this case. I just wish I never updated...my important lesson - don't update until months after release and not day 1 like I did and then to be told I cant roll back...madness!
Why can't you just go back to 1.1.7.19 that's where I'm staying after reading all the problems a few of you guys are having well good luck .Autel will get the bugs out soon?

Why can't you just go back to 1.1.7.19 that's where I'm staying after reading all the problems a few of you guys are having well good luck .Autel will get the bugs out soon?
thats the problem everyone on here tells me I cant roll back and it is not possible - if someone could tell me how you would be my hero!!!

thats the problem everyone on here tells me I cant roll back and it is not possible - if someone could tell me how you would be my hero!!!

Hi, I have read an article how to downgrade to the previous version. Here is the link in case of you want to read.

Betas can be rolled back (or could, somewhat recently) to the latest official version, this according to Autel release notes. Haven't seen Autel mentioning official versions can be rolled back, however.

@Quad808 if a beta firmware can be rolled back, are you guys at DH able to see what the differences are between the beta and the final? ;)

Reactions: Andrew01
Yes. Each battery, once connected will have to be flashed with the new firmware. You should be good after that. You should only get the OTA firmware update prompt if that particular battery hasn't been updated.
Great, thanks for the info!

Hi, I have read an article how to downgrade to the previous version. Here is the link in case of you want to read.

thanks, the link to download the force upgrade does not work, I joined as a member but it says the page does not exist, are you sure this is still up? desperate to downgrade my firmware!!

I just tried and for me it still works.
something to do with me being a new member, anyways I got the files elsewhere and as confirmed now on here on another post it DOES NOT WORK FOR 2.5 onwards, think mine was 2.6.2 (I'm half guessing what the latest firmware is!) but anyway the force update file no longer works on any new firmware so you are stuck.

Thanks anyways

Reactions: edgardcafe
I believe because it is redundant, ie. one can launch from a boat in standard mode....there may be other reasons

Reactions: Andrew01
I'm still waiting an important major update that FIX an issue inside the app...

I'd like to have different settings for videos and for photos!
If i'm setting up parameters for videos (i'm playing videos -edited- at 30fps or sometimes at 60fps), obviously i set up 1/60" or 1/120" for shutter speed; apertures depends on conditions of light, iso lowest possible for the scene..
If i want to switch from video to photo those parameters do not have to be the same..

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58