Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Prematurely announced? need to use the new F/W v.2.6.22 with latest Android Autel Explorer v1.1.7.38-- which is NOT up on Google Play Store yet (v1.1.7.19 is current) as of 9pm Pacific Time. It's Beta S/W until it passes malware scanning with Google, as far as I'm concerned

Reactions: PingSpike
My two birds updated the Explorer app at the same time as unpacking and installing the firmware from the SD cards.

I definitely want to test the zoom feature and hyperlapse.

Prematurely announced? need to use the new F/W v.2.6.22 with latest Android Autel Explorer v1.1.7.38-- which is NOT up on Google Play Store yet (v1.1.7.19 is current) as of 9pm Pacific Time. It's Beta S/W until it passes malware scanning with Google, as far as I'm concerned
this link is from Official download page:

EVO II dowonload logo

Autel Explorer App Official Versions​

• EVO II dowonload logo

iOS Version
    Version 1.9.10
    Mar-19-2021
  • EVO II dowonload logo

Android Version
    Version 1.1.9.10
    Mar-19-2021
  • EVO II dowonload logo

Android Version
    Version 1.1.7.38
    Mar-19-2021
    download logo
  • EVO II dowonload logo

App Release Notes
    Mar-19-2021
    Release Notes

Updated by downloading the bin file and updated the iPhone app, but I still get the " update detected" banner. I checked in the about page in general settings and it seem that I have all the updated pieces.

will this go away?
BTW shot this last night after the update, works great for me so far
Albany-0062.jpg

this link is from Official download page:

EVO II dowonload logo

Autel Explorer App Official Versions​

• EVO II dowonload logo

iOS Version
    Version 1.9.10
    Mar-19-2021
  • EVO II dowonload logo

Android Version
    Version 1.1.9.10
    Mar-19-2021
  • EVO II dowonload logo

Android Version
    Version 1.1.7.38
    Mar-19-2021
    download logo
  • EVO II dowonload logo

App Release Notes
    Mar-19-2021
    Release Notes
lukappaseidue there's even a typo on that Official Autel download page. Android version in the Google Play Store isn't 1.1.9.10, that's the nomenclature of the iOS version. Too, the Play Store button sent me to v1.1.7.19, not 1.1.7.38 which is needed. Sloppy rollout, but I trust they'll get it sorted

lukappaseidue there's even a typo on that Official Autel download page. Android version in the Google Play Store isn't 1.1.9.10, that's the nomenclature of the iOS version. Too, the Play Store button sent me to v1.1.7.19, not 1.1.7.38 which is needed. Sloppy rollout, but I trust they'll get it sorted
Yes you are right.

Can’t say for sure. ??‍♂️
OK I have just updated and done my first mission with about 40 waypoints. Normally when it takes off I hit the record button and it records continuously through every waypoint which is perfect. Now after the update it stops recording at the end of each waypoint and starts recording again to go to the next waypoint.

I now have 40 video files for one 25 minute flight!!! Anyone else experience this as it did not happen before the update and I can't see anything in the release notes that mention this.

OK I have just updated and done my first mission with about 40 waypoints. Normally when it takes off I hit the record button and it records continuously through every waypoint which is perfect. Now after the update it stops recording at the end of each waypoint and starts recording again to go to the next waypoint.

I now have 40 video files for one 25 minute flight!!! Anyone else experience this as it did not happen before the update and I can't see anything in the release notes that mention this.
I have now watched all 40 video clips and despite programming in the camera to point straight ahead at each waypoint the drone flew sideways on all 40 waypoints!!! I could see it was flying sideways as opposed to wrong gimball angle as the triangle view of the drone was moving sideways at every waypoint!

Really wished I never updated!

I have now watched all 40 video clips and despite programming in the camera to point straight ahead at each waypoint the drone flew sideways on all 40 waypoints!!! I could see it was flying sideways as opposed to wrong gimball angle as the triangle view of the drone was moving sideways at every waypoint!

WOW, it seems Autel has a hard time getting updates done correctly.

i just got my E2P, so i might be misattributing this - but I updated FW and went out for first test flight in the back yard and saw what I can only describe as "flashing" in the captured video when making hard directional changes... looked it might have been picking up the LEDs?

i need to cut out a section to post... i did not notice pre-FW update but have virtually zero time flying this drone

The firmware and app versions are posted here to roll back if needed. NEVER update until all the bugs are worked out, especially if you have things working for you. Generally, they will compile a list. You have to remember that even their beta testers do not always test EVERY function you/I may use. The programmers don't just jump on each bug, fix it, and update the fw again.. The compiling will take time, at least a few weeks based on history.

v1.1.7.38 is now available in the Play store for those that want to go this route.

Reactions: Brock Inspector

Ok it is not ideal but now if a hit record AFTER waypoint 2 it records continuously, before if I hit record at takeoff it would record continuously....at least this is a partial work around! This is with the Autel repair team along with my other major issue with the drone flying pointing south all the time despite what the waypoint tells it, I.e. just to film straight ahead. I sent them a video demonstrating what it does...might upload here as it is just 14mb with low res

The firmware and app versions are posted here to roll back if needed. NEVER update until all the bugs are worked out, especially if you have things working for you. Generally, they will compile a list. You have to remember that even their beta testers do not always test EVERY function you/I may use. The programmers don't just jump on each bug, fix it, and update the fw again.. The compiling will take time, at least a few weeks based on history.
Autel told me I can’t roll back, so is that untrue and if so how do I roll back? Thank you

Betas can be rolled back (or could, somewhat recently) to the latest official version, this according to Autel release notes. Haven't seen Autel mentioning official versions can be rolled back, however.

With the update, you can apparently go to "cruise" when using hyperlapse by hitting the A/B buttons. Has anyone got this to work? I'm not sure if I press both buttons simultaneously while on the throttle, holding them for a while, etc.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d