Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

released EVO II BETA fw 2.6.20

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.6.20 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.7
CameraV0.2.30.30
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.5
RC PanelV3.0.11.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
GimbalV0.1.41.0
BatteryV0.0.14.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.30.30
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • 1. Camera:
  • - Added RAW file format support in Mission flights
  • - Added Manual exposure settings, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority support in AEB mode
  • - Added Manual exposure mode support in Hyperlapse
  • - Added quick zoom changes in the Explorer App and remote controller
  • 2. Intelligent Flight and Mission
  • - Added cruise mode in Hyperlapse
  • - Added Orbit Hyperlapse
  • - Added Mission recording

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized auto focus performance
  • - Reduced the minimum distance between two waypoints in waypoint mission
  • - Removed Boat Mode (EVO II can take off from boats during standard flights)
  • - Fixed the negative altitude issue during the landing sequence
  • - Fixed the mission upload issue when resuming a mission
  • - Added an option to RTH when the aircraft disconnects

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.9.10, Android V1.1.7.38 or newer.

official download link
The battery version is incorrect. It is actually 0.15 so you will have to update ALL batteries with this update. My first flight went well.

Hyperlapse files are now named LAPSE_xxxxx. It keeps the numbers in sequence as the regular pics but the prefix is changed.
I did a night flight and hyperlapse lastnight with my Evo II Pro 6k. Had no issues. The horizon tilt in hyperlapse for sure seems fixed on my drone now.

The amazing fix to me is autofocus. It was almost useless at night as it would just never stop focusing sometimes. It worked beautiful for me last night. I even did a fast zoom in and it just focused which is really good at night as even normal cameras have issues with focus at night.

So far so good but only 2 batteries and only really tested Manual, Hyperlapse and Orbit Hyperlapse. Video and Photo seem to work well in what I have tested.

We'll have to wait for feedback for other versions 8k and Flir before we really know if its stable. I'm not a mission guy so somebody will have to test missions. -

I did a night flight and hyperlapse lastnight with my Evo II Pro 6k. Had no issues. The horizon tilt in hyperlapse for sure seems fixed on my drone now.

Mine was not "fixed" but at least I was able to adjust to one value (-1.6) and it seemed to not need any further adjustment. So far a much needed improvement, if I only need to adjust once per flight, I am a lot happier.

Now, I did get an OA sensor error, mid-flight and well above any objects. I can't say it was related to the firmware update, first flight in months and some other factors make it hard to say. I ran the calibration so we'll see.

Mine was not "fixed" but at least I was able to adjust to one value (-1.6) and it seemed to not need any further adjustment. So far a much needed improvement, if I only need to adjust once per flight, I am a lot happier.

Now, I did get an OA sensor error, mid-flight and well above any objects. I can't say it was related to the firmware update, first flight in months and some other factors make it hard to say. I ran the calibration so we'll see.
I fly around the beach. I've had birds get close enough to set off the OA.

So I did the automatic Gimbal adjustment. After that then I did a manual which in my case is -1.0. All of that was before I flew the first flight with the new firmware. I've not had to adjust it since my original on the ground. I actually use a 6' level and use the grid lines in the app to validate that it is level after an update. So maybe your adjustment in the air is the one I did on the ground after my auto adjust. Check on your next flight if you have to adjust it at all. I have not yet.

I fly around the beach. I've had birds get close enough to set off the OA.

So I did the automatic Gimbal adjustment. After that then I did a manual which in my case is -1.0. All of that was before I flew the first flight with the new firmware. I've not had to adjust it since my original on the ground. I actually use a 6' level and use the grid lines in the app to validate that it is level after an update. So maybe your adjustment in the air is the one I did on the ground after my auto adjust. Check on your next flight if you have to adjust it at all. I have not yet.
Just flew 2 more batteries. I can see my horizon is just fine from the original tuning I did for the gimbal. I've still not seen any issues nor had the application fail yet. The orbit hyperlapse works very well in fact. I used it on a draw bridge and it worked great.

Reactions: edgardcafe
This is 4 flights into this firmware after setting the gimbal on the ground after installation. Doesn't look like it has moved to me. Also, note the clarity in this unedited picture. I'd say 2.6.20 isn't starting off too bad for me.

MAX_7321.JPG

How do I get the update to show up? it says mine is updated to the current firmware but it isnt.

How do I get the update to show up? it says mine is updated to the current firmware but it isnt.
you cannot get beta firmware to show up, you have to wait until beta goes official (which is what I am doing). if you really want beta, somewhere will come along here and show you how to sideload/download the file(s).

This is 4 flights into this firmware after setting the gimbal on the ground after installation. Doesn't look like it has moved to me. Also, note the clarity in this unedited picture. I'd say 2.6.20 isn't starting off too bad for me.

View attachment 9940
LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND VERY GLAD TO HEAR IT'S WORKING GOOD ON YOUR PRO 6K .THATS WHAT I FLY AND IF GOOD REPORTS KEEP COMING in i MAY JUMP ON THE BETA RIDE. I'M SURE THERE WILL BE SOME BAD REPORTS WILL COME OUT HOPE JUST NOT MANY REALLY THE ONLY REASON I'M NOT OUT FLYING WITH THIS FIRMWARE IS BECAUSE THE Weather going to be bad for at least 7 to 10 days good luck I'll be reading

Rilasciato nuovo aggiornamento BETA del fw alla versione 2.6.22
New BETA FW 2.6.22 for EVO II released
Riporto il testo ... Here description
Hello EVO II beta users,
Please upgrade the EVO II firmware to V2.6.22 since we found a camera-related bug in Orbit Hyperlapse on the Beta firmware V2.6.20.
Please download the beta firmware 2.6.22 through our website: EVO II Downloads
Compared with the current official version V2.5.18, the changes include:
New Features:
- Camera:

Added RAW file format support in Mission flights
Added Manual exposure settings, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority support in AEB mode
Added Manual exposure mode support in Hyperlapse
Added quick zoom changes in the Explorer App and remote controller

- Intelligent Flight and Mission

Added cruise mode in Hyperlapse
Added Orbit Hyperlapse
Added Mission recording

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

Optimized auto focus performance
Reduced the minimum distance between two waypoints in waypoint mission
Removed Boat Mode (EVO II can take off from boats during standard flights)
Fixed the negative altitude issue during the landing sequence
Fixed the mission upload issue when resuming a mission
Added an option to RTH when the aircraft disconnects

Notes:
Please download and upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS V1.9.10 or Android V1.1.7.38 below before upgrading the firmware:
Please download the beta firmware 2.6.22 through our website: EVO II Downloads
Here is the instruction video for manual firmware upgrade:
To use the iOS beta app:
Use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link: Join the Autel Explorer beta
Follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
To use the Android beta app:
Use your mobile device to visit this link: https://play.google.com/.../com.autelrobotics.explorer
Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
Click the "BECOME A TESTER"
Click the link - download it on Google Play
Click "Install" and you will get the download installed
If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems with the app, please let us know immediately by contacting our customer service at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com, or leave comments below this post.
Thanks for your support.
Born to explore
RICORDO CHE E' UNA VERSIONE BETA / Remember that this is a bet version
official download link

There is no need to update all batteries: the FW battery module is unchanged (0.0.15.0)

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe
Firmware 2.6.22 feedback:

Found my first issue although a minor one. I did a range test and on the way back the drone was yawed about 30-35 degrees to the right during RTH. It did get home just fine.

I was able to fly out a really long ways and I never did get low video signal warning. In general, I’ve gotten less of these warnings about weak signal with this firmware.

The Good Stuff:

Tilt during Hyperlapse appears to be fixed finally. I've not had to mess with the gimbal after setting it on the ground. For me I have to use -0.8. I've not needed to mess with it after each flight.

Orbit hyperlapse works really well. I even tried one of my house today from 400’ up and over 800’ out. It completed although it didn’t complete the circle because I didn’t give it enough speed at the default 2mph to actually finish the circle. They apparently don’t calculate the time to complete the circle when giving you the default values.

Autofocus is just plain fixed. I haven’t even been able to see a time when I noticed it was focusing.

Low light hyperlapse worked great and autofocus worked great on that too.

0 issues with photos or video that I’ve noticed using Auto most of the time. No funny color flicker or any of that non-sense we had in the past.

Photos just look really crisp and clear to me. Seem really detailed now. Might be the autofocus really getting zeroed in .

Tripod track worked great (short test)

Dynamic Track worked great (short test)

So far, I would say its for sure a step up from 2.5.12. Means it should be an even bigger step up from 2.5.18 since that version had tons of tilt issues.

Reactions: PingSpike
Firmware 2.6.22 feedback:

Found my first issue although a minor one. I did a range test and on the way back the drone was yawed about 30-35 degrees to the right during RTH. It did get home just fine.

I was able to fly out a really long ways and I never did get low video signal warning. In general, I’ve gotten less of these warnings about weak signal with this firmware.

The Good Stuff:

Tilt during Hyperlapse appears to be fixed finally. I've not had to mess with the gimbal after setting it on the ground. For me I have to use -0.8. I've not needed to mess with it after each flight.

Orbit hyperlapse works really well. I even tried one of my house today from 400’ up and over 800’ out. It completed although it didn’t complete the circle because I didn’t give it enough speed at the default 2mph to actually finish the circle. They apparently don’t calculate the time to complete the circle when giving you the default values.

Autofocus is just plain fixed. I haven’t even been able to see a time when I noticed it was focusing.

Low light hyperlapse worked great and autofocus worked great on that too.

0 issues with photos or video that I’ve noticed using Auto most of the time. No funny color flicker or any of that non-sense we had in the past.

Photos just look really crisp and clear to me. Seem really detailed now. Might be the autofocus really getting zeroed in .

Tripod track worked great (short test)

Dynamic Track worked great (short test)

So far, I would say its for sure a step up from 2.5.12. Means it should be an even bigger step up from 2.5.18 since that version had tons of tilt issues.
Good feedback. Makes me tempted to give it a go.

excellent feedback, good to see autel has top folks on the project finally. not going to use beta sw but can't wait for it to go live.

Firmware 2.6.22 - Android V1.1.7.38 feedback:
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

My impressions of the new firmware in missions. 3 batteries flew off.

Improved autofocus eliminates the need to adjust focus to infinity in mapping missions. Auto focus when creating a mapping mission began to work perfectly.
The picture became sharper and the blur effects in the mission disappeared.

The behavior of the quadcopter in the mission and when returning home is stable. Didn't notice any glitches.
During RTH, the return to home point occurs in a straight line with no offsets. Checked 3 times.

When the window to switch between camera view and map view is minimized, it is very difficult to maximize the window after creating a mission (samsung galaxy s8 plus).

It is very bad that there is no camera settings button when creating a mission like on IOS devices.

It's too bad that there is still no screen button for ludicrous mode.

I started getting a low video signal warning flying off 550-800 meters. At the same time, there is a signal and the picture is excellent. There was no such thing on the previous firmware.

The negative altitude issue during the landing sequence has indeed been fixed. Today I made a landing about 10 times and did not notice an altitude error.

Unfortunately, in the firmware or in the program, the transition through way points without stopping has not been corrected.

There is one question about the active track. Raised Autel to a height of 40m and pointed out the JohnDeer 8370R tractor as an object of tracking. Gimbal was set at about 30 degrees. Autel lost a tractor 3 times and was unable to accompany him. I am not an expert in intelligent flight modes, so I cannot say that something is wrong with the EVO2. Maybe I did something wrong? Please tell me what is wrong.

Sorry for my English.

20 march 2021
Stable fw 2.6.22 released

Firmware
Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.6.22 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.41
CameraV0.2.31.37
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.7
RC Panel3.0.13.0
Image Transmission1.1.1.45
RC Image Transmission1.1.1.45
Gimbal0.1.49.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision Module0.2.31.37
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • 1. Camera:
  • - Added RAW file format support in Mission flights
  • - Added Manual exposure settings, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority support in AEB mode
  • - Added Manual exposure mode support in Hyperlapse
  • - Added quick zoom changes in the Explorer App and remote controller
  • 2. Intelligent Flight and Mission
  • - Added cruise mode in Hyperlapse
  • - Added Orbit Hyperlapse
  • - Added Mission recording

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized auto focus performance
  • - Reduced the minimum distance between two waypoints in waypoint mission
  • - Removed Boat Mode (EVO II can take off from boats during standard flights)
  • - Fixed the negative altitude issue during the landing sequence
  • - Fixed the mission upload issue when resuming a mission
  • - Added an option to RTH when the aircraft disconnects

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.9.10, Android V1.1.7.38 or newer.

official download link

Reactions: Eagle928
Well, I took the plunge and both E2P's did fine and both did a simple test flight. Will know more on the next mission but I have a good feeling about it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86