Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Does anyone knew what's "Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions" feature? Grid option was already available.

Also Oblique looking little strange, there is no visibility of mission order. Sometimes some of directions disappear. Additionaly it seems that camera pitch angle should have an impact on patch distance from border lines. Displayed area should bo rather only terrain area, not multiplicated like now.

Should be possible to disable normal photogrametry path in oblique.

Resolution of photos automaticcaly changes to 4000x3000 after mission start if it's not changed manualy before.

GSD still not corresponded to photo resolution, and anyway still always incorrectly calculated.

In order of IMU calibration images is little mistake (up<->down), but anyway great improvement (could be same for compass)

On 8k in mission there's no max photo 8000x6000 resolution available

Other functions work's great.

Last edited:
Yes. Nothing new populating in TestFlight when I check. Do you have v1.8.13???
No new iOS Beta app as yet. Autel may have quickly discovered a few more bugs and immediately pulled it, or is holding for another incremental beta firmware release.

No new iOS Beta app as yet. Autel may have quickly discovered a few more bugs and immediately pulled it, or is holding for another incremental beta firmware release.
Okay. Thanks. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn’t find it anywhere and Autel’s link was unsuccessful and the link with the announcement on here kept looping me to the public version. I even called Autel and the CS rep was condescending and was adamant that the link posted on the website had the Beta for iOS available now and something must be wrong with my phone or computer. I don’t think they’re on top of their game. This marks a few times I have called an their own reps have given me bad information.

21 december 2020
released EVO II stable fw 2.5.18
This firmware package V2.5.12 contains the following component updates:

COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.7
CameraV0.2.30.30
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.5
RC PanelV3.0.11.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
GimbalV0.1.41.0
BatteryV0.0.14.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.30.30
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - EVO II aircraft activation
  • - Added Oblique photography mission mode
  • - Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  • - Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  • - Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  • - Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  • - Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  • - Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  • - Optimized the warning message display times
  • - Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
  • - Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  • - Fixed English translation errors

• Notes: please download and upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS 1.8.13 or Android V1.1.7.19 before upgrading the firmware. You will be asked to activate your aircraft after you install the new FW, connect to the app and follow to steps to finish activation (Internet connection on your mobile device is required).

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Thanks, updated both drone and phone app.
I've tried to change batteries to see if an update pop-up appeared for the other ones, however that was not the case. So it seems it is not required to proceed with the update as many times as spare batteries we have right?

Today I see Firmware released
Version 2.5.18
Dec-22-2020

Anybody out there have any experience with it?

The Release Notes are for Version 2.5.12.

If you are happy with things right now and your drone flies fine, then I would hold off. Autel still has not released another update above .18 that has some known bugs. Hopefully something will come soon. Fingers crossed!

I've been using .18 without any problem, "bricked" is not correct and I've never seen anyone with such a serious problem, there may be a couple of teething problems left to fix but it's not bad, they have also published a video on YouTube about how to calibrate the Compass properly as this is where a lot of people were going wrong... try it, it's fine.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I installed yesterday. Installation went fine. Went outside and did the calibrations. I was only able to hover close to the ground and land due to wind. (It's also very cold here right now)

Getting a firmware update prompt again for 2.5.18 today, hmm. Anyone else notice this? Wondering if it's another new version with the same numbering again...

Reactions: PingSpike
Beta IOS 1.9.10 is here. Gave it a go. Some more smart features and another new mission recorder added. Just flew and it performed well. Now….hopefully a firmware soon to follow. That’d be great!

Beta IOS 1.9.10 is here. Gave it a go. Some more smart features and another new mission recorder added. Just flew and it performed well. Now….hopefully a firmware soon to follow. That’d be great!
It’s there a pano feature in this beta version?

• Haha
I don’t think so. I was mostly messing with AEB and I was able to have full manual control in AEB mode though. That’s nice. I’m going to have to make sure sometime tomorrow to be certain. I would love to have a built in pano mode, but I usually stitch my own since many are stitched with the final outcome as JPG and I want the RAW for post.

Reactions: Bigdz
Hi @Cicero24 where have you found it?
there is no new about it.
Do you know what improvement / features have been added?
Have a nice day

Getting a firmware update prompt again for 2.5.18 today, hmm. Anyone else notice this? Wondering if it's another new version with the same numbering again...
A battery that wasn't undated, maybe? In any event, don't perform updates over-the-air no matter what Autel Explorer says. Install from Micro SD card using downloaded .bin file

released EVO II BETA fw 2.6.20

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.6.20 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.41
CameraV0.2.31.35
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.7
RC Panel3.0.13.0
Image Transmission1.1.1.45
RC Image Transmission1.1.1.45
Gimbal0.1.49.0
BatteryV0.0.15.0
Vision Module0.2.31.25
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • 1. Camera:
  • - Added RAW file format support in Mission flights
  • - Added Manual exposure settings, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority support in AEB mode
  • - Added Manual exposure mode support in Hyperlapse
  • - Added quick zoom changes in the Explorer App and remote controller
  • 2. Intelligent Flight and Mission
  • - Added cruise mode in Hyperlapse
  • - Added Orbit Hyperlapse
  • - Added Mission recording

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized auto focus performance
  • - Reduced the minimum distance between two waypoints in waypoint mission
  • - Removed Boat Mode (EVO II can take off from boats during standard flights)
  • - Fixed the negative altitude issue during the landing sequence
  • - Fixed the mission upload issue when resuming a mission
  • - Added an option to RTH when the aircraft disconnects

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.9.10, Android V1.1.7.38 or newer.

official download link

Last edited:
Reactions: UasDriver

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials