Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

The file size for the latest one is also slightly smaller. Maybe they just removed some unneeded headers. Still has the same bugs as before though.

Just for curiosity I applied new/old firmware. No changes in versions:
1606310916468.png
1606310930933.png
Issue with EXP Forward/Right setting is still there.
Issue with remote controller A/B buttons setting is still there.
After few minutes flight and several take offs and landings the flight experience seems not changed.
I'm not sure if this is new issue but battery serial number is gone:
1606311229921.png

Issue with EXP Forward/Right setting is still there.
Issue with remote controller A/B buttons setting is still there.

These would only be fixed in an Explorer update and not with a firmware update.

You would think they would change the fw number. I'm losing faith in this drone and in Autel. So much so Im debating whether to keep or sell. It's just been sitting and for any commercial work I just use my trusty old M2P or Hacked P4P. I guess I'm too much of a DJI fanboy, and my recent obsession with FPV has kept this bird shelved. The thrill is gone!!

Reactions: parkgt
That's certainly understandable. I didn't pay 1600 bucks to be a beta tester. But even so. I came from DJI, and I'll never go back. But I can also fall back on my Pixhawk bird. Just have to get it tuned properly. But that's a whole different ball game. But really Autel. Please get your s%#t together.

Reactions: skipper1 and Bigdz
You would think they would change the fw number. I'm losing faith in this drone and in Autel. So much so Im debating whether to keep or sell. It's just been sitting and for any commercial work I just use my trusty old M2P or Hacked P4P. I guess I'm too much of a DJI fanboy, and my recent obsession with FPV has kept this bird shelved. The thrill is gone.
I to also have a M2P that I consider trusty. Ran some video tests the other day and liked the footage better from the M2P more than my E2P in either 4k or 6K. I was surprised that the old bird still holds it own pretty well in spite of what the specs say.

The continuing amateur hour(s) at Autel are very disappointing

Reactions: Andrew01 and Bigdz
As far as I can see there different version of gimbal module V0.1.41.0 vs V0.1.35.0 but as I have no problems with the gimble so far I did not installed the "new" version ;)
But Autel approach to release different FW images with same version number is outrageous :(
I'll wait for new camera FW as this is where problems are for me now (as well app for android :( )

Just installed the new firmware this morning and still seeing the "gimbal is not ready" after successful calibration... wasn't that supposed to be fixed?

@Andrzej The battery serial numbers show up fine for me.

I had the same issue with my e2pro and e2. I had to do both calibrations again. I did the imu first, then the compass and restarted inbetween each (I believe the imu causes an automatice restart anyway.

Seems the gimbal not ready cleared after that, but I had to let both drones sit for a minute or two afterward also, because the message still came up, then disappeared after staying stationary for a couple minutes.

Hope this helps:)

Reactions: TravisPNW
Start the Drone first, then the controller and viewer. I never get that message done that way.

Reactions: TravisPNW
My glitches were a slight drift to the left after I stop stick movement. When I hand catch the drone hesitates a few seconds before shutting down the props. Otherwise, no problems.

Just installed the new firmware this morning and still seeing the "gimbal is not ready" after successful calibration... wasn't that supposed to be fixed?

@Andrzej The battery serial numbers show up fine for me.
I notice that too, but it starts that when the gimbal is moving at startup, then goes away. You can't always see it, but there is internal movement on the roll.

New BETA firmware FW released for EVO II:

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.5.18 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.7
CameraV0.2.30.30
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.5
RC PanelV3.0.11.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
GimbalV0.1.41.0
BatteryV0.0.14.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.30.30
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - EVO II aircraft activation
  • - Added Oblique photography mission mode
  • - Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  • - Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  • - Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  • - Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  • - Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
  • - Added the option to adjust the OA break distance (iOS only)

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  • - Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  • - Optimized the warning message display times
  • - Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
  • - Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  • - Fixed English translation errors

• Notes: After you upgrade the firmware, please perform gimbal auto calibration, IMU calibration and Compass calibration before the first flight. In order to support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.8.13, Android V1.1.7.18 and newer.

not sure if this covers the biggies (probably not) but this particular updates seems promising. too bad it's nearly winter here so gonna be hard to thoroughly test these. otherwise, looks pretty good to me. :)

Reactions: PingSpike
Official clarification for: Aircraft Activation (see notes):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112...hnM1gTiUqZ3i7EyutHNQvl1BCOu9arTc&__tn__=<,P-R

Weituo AR

Hello EVO II users,
We are pleased to release EVO II firmware V2.5.18 for the public Beta test. Compared with the current official version V2.5.12, the changes include:
New Features:
  1. EVO II aircraft activation (latest app and internet connection needed)
  2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
  3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on the front and rear arms
  4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
  8. Added the option to adjust the OA break distance (iOS only)
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  3. Optimized the warning message display times
  4. Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
  5. Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  6. Fixed English translation errors

Notes:
  1. Please download and upgrade the Autel Explorer App to the versions below before upgrading the firmware:
    iOS V1.8.13 download through TestFlight, https://testflight.apple.com/join/tqiPLmbi
    Android V1.1.7.18, https://www.dropbox.com/.../Explorer_V1.1.7.18-release...
  2. You will be asked to activate your aircraft after you install the new FW, connect to the app and follow to steps to finish activation (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
  3. Once you activated, you can fly as usual. And you are also free to roll back your firmware to V2.5.12 if you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or other problems with the firmware.
  4. No more activation will be needed in the future, even if you roll back the FW version to V2.5.12 and upgrade to V2.5.18 again.
  5. The Autel Care program is not ready yet. Please ignore that at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
The iOS Beta Testflight link here and the link on Autel’s website still brings you to the current public Explorer version. I have been unable to find iOS V1.8.13 anywhere. Called Autel and the CS rep was certain the link for iOS v1.8.13 was valid and would bring you to the beta download. No luck. Starting to think they don’t even know much about what they release or do much testing before releasing things. Anyone been successful finding the iOS v1.8.13 update?

The iOS Beta Testflight link here and the link on Autel’s website still brings you to the current public Explorer version. I have been unable to find iOS V1.8.13 anywhere. Called Autel and the CS rep was certain the link for iOS v1.8.13 was valid and would bring you to the beta download. No luck. Starting to think they don’t even know much about what they release or do much testing before releasing things. Anyone been successful finding the iOS v1.8.13 update?
Are you a iOS TestFlight member? You have to have the TestFlight app downloaded and an email sent to Autel with your iOS email so they can add you to the update list. If you aren’t, you won’t see the new Explorer app until it’s released.

Yes. Nothing new populating in TestFlight when I check. Do you have v1.8.13???

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials