Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Dual - Pix4D "No Calibrated Cameras"

daustin

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had success processing RGB or thermal images taken with their Autel EVO II Dual in Pix4Dmapper? I’m attempting to process RGB images taken with my Autel Evo II Dual, however Pix4D is unable to recognize the camera model. The “Selected Camera Model” shows an exclamation mark next to the model name and fails when I attempt to begin step 1. The camera model name is shown as “_nan_3840x2160 (RGB)” and the focal length is shown as “nan”. Does anyone have a solution on how I can resolve this issue? I’ve tried editing the camera/sensor parameters, however I’m still receiving an error when starting step 1. Attached is a screenshot of the the camera parameters.

Thanks!
Daryl

Attachments

• PXL_20220131_200756974.jpg
    PXL_20220131_200756974.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 15
You should probably reach out to Pix4D to get this fixed. The camera parameters are contained in the image exif information, at least on the RGB images. But apparently Pix4D is not picking them up. By contrast, Metashape does pick them up. You should be able to look at the exif data for the thermal imagery and see if the camera parameters are there. (or upload a sample image here). I know others have processed Evo2 RGB (6k camera) imagery in Pix4D though.
Also, the camera is not "calibrated".

You should probably reach out to Pix4D to get this fixed. The camera parameters are contained in the image exif information, at least on the RGB images. But apparently Pix4D is not picking them up. By contrast, Metashape does pick them up. You should be able to look at the exif data for the thermal imagery and see if the camera parameters are there. (or upload a sample image here). I know others have processed Evo2 RGB (6k camera) imagery in Pix4D though.
Also, the camera is not "calibrated".

Dave,

Thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately I’m unable to share the images because it’s for a client. However, perhaps I can screenshot the metadata and that will be sufficient for you to understand what’s going on? Attached you will find a screenshot of the image/camera metadata for both the RGB and Thermal. Unfortunately Pix4Dmapper wasn’t able to process either set of images. Seems as though there’s a calibration issue and I’m not certain how to resolve it. Maybe there’s something I needed to calibrate on the camera prior to the mission? This is the Autel EVO II Dual 640T (8k camera) and I would think that it should work since others have had success with the Evo2 RGB (6k camera).

Attachments

• Autel_RGB_CameraMetaData.JPG
    Autel_RGB_CameraMetaData.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Autel_RGB_ImageMetaData.JPG
    Autel_RGB_ImageMetaData.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Autel_Thermal_CameraMetaData.JPG
    Autel_Thermal_CameraMetaData.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Autel_Thermal_ImageMetaData.JPG
    Autel_Thermal_ImageMetaData.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 17
Interestingly, the rgb camera does not list a focal length. The thermal camera does. I'm guessing that there are gps coordinates in the exif as well?

You might try one of the thread where there are other users experimenting with the dual. Perhaps they could shed some light on what has worked for them.

for example:

Hi,

Has anyone had success processing RGB or thermal images taken with their Autel EVO II Dual in Pix4Dmapper? I’m attempting to process RGB images taken with my Autel Evo II Dual, however Pix4D is unable to recognize the camera model. The “Selected Camera Model” shows an exclamation mark next to the model name and fails when I attempt to begin step 1. The camera model name is shown as “_nan_3840x2160 (RGB)” and the focal length is shown as “nan”. Does anyone have a solution on how I can resolve this issue? I’ve tried editing the camera/sensor parameters, however I’m still receiving an error when starting step 1. Attached is a screenshot of the the camera parameters.

Thanks!
Daryl
Hello, I’m use my dual to map both visual and thermal, I’ve had better results with drone deploy, especially with thermal orthomosaic’s.

thermal map from 640T using DD. JPEG files. What file type is the dual spitting out for thermal?

Attachments

• Thermal Ortho.jpg
    Thermal Ortho.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Detritalgeo

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hippo35