Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO I Won’t display Google Earth Image

Atomic08

Reaction score
I used to be able to view Google Earth images in “Flight Records” on my tablets
and on Missions to plan a new route. I no longer am able to see anything but a grid pattern on my screen.
Clicking on “Normal, Hybrid, or GPS” does not change the screen.

In Flight Records I can see the lines of the route I flew, but nothing but the grid screen.
I am using Version V1.0.1.45 Of the Explorer App.

I can use Google Earth on the tablets, as I have internet connections, but it does not show in the App,
And when I fly everything works again except for displaying the earth images.

Any Idea what needs to be turned on? I can see something changing on one tablet, but my phone and other tablet all cannot display Earth or any roads.

Thanks !

I have found that 1.0.1.45 will no longer display cached google maps or earth images, including flight records. All you get is the grid screen where the map used to be. I believe that google made some sort of change and Autel opted not to accommodate that change with an update. This is likely because Autel wants everyone to upgrade to the newer ”hybrid” version of the app. That‘s what I had to (reluctantly) do in order to get google maps and earth images back again. No alternative.

Waverider...
Thanks for the reply. My EVO flys great, and I am reluctant to change..
Any problems with the new Version? I see that the latest is V 1.1.7.19
Dec-21-2020. Do you have to install the latest Firmware also?
After installing the new APP, do you loose all of your flight records?
Thanks
Again !
PS Screen name...Waverider...Do you ride Jet Ski's???

I actually hated to make the change, too, but I was finally convinced that I would never get Google maps again as long as I stayed with 1.0.1.45.
I immediately had an issue with 1.1.7.38 (the hybrid), however. I had been using a Samsung A tablet ( 7-inch) with 1 GB of RAM with no problems on 1.0.1.45. As soon as I started up with 1.1.7.38, I got the long-lost Google maps back (Yes!) On the other hand, now I had no live camera video on the screen. There was just a black box where live video should appear. All other app functions and features seemed to be normal. Experience with other devices told me that the black box effect was probably insufficient RAM. So, I upgraded to a Huawei M3 (Ebay) with 3 GB of RAM. That did the trick and, at long last, I now have Google maps/earth images AND live video, too, all together at the same time.
My flight records apparently didn't make the jump from 1.0.1.45 to 1.1.7.38. The records prior to that upgrade now do not appear. No issue with me as I rarely look at them anyway.
My waverider title comes from surfing which, I regret to say, I haven't done in almost 20 years, now. I still miss it ....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy