Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO digital glitches and anomalies at 2.7 k PAL 50 fps.

Rorysee

Reaction score
I have been flying the Evo for a few weeks and took it for my first filming gig yesterday. I am getting bad digital glitches it may be the card read speed. the drone came with a 32 GB Sandisc extreme HC1
20190807_100016.jpg20190807_100016.jpgYQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
It could also be that the video you trying to make is in PAL and the Evo market is NTSC.

I have to set the evo cam to PAL = 50 or 25 because my output and my timeline is also PAL. I can shoot and edit in NTSC but then I cannot mix it with footage from my other cams you will get juddder from cam motion. so I want to keep all y footage PAL. Timeline setup 25 fps. I just came back now from shooting some footage in NTSC. EVEN WORSE with a different HD Micro card = the card handled gopro 7 4k footage fine but the evo stuff looks bad

This is only a reference that I go by and was made up by another manufacture but has served me very well when choosing a SDcard for 4K camera drones.

Lexar :

• Lexar 300X 64G
  • Lexar Pro 1000x 64G
  • Lexar Pro 1800x 64GB
PNY :

• PNY Elite Performance 64GB
  • PNY Elite Performance 128GB
  • PNY Turbo 32GB
  • PNY Turbo 64GB
Sandisk :

• Sandisk Extreme 32GB
  • Sandisk Extreme 64GB
  • Sandisk Extreme 128GB
  • Sandisk Extreme Plus 16GB
  • Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB
  • Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB
  • Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB
  • Sandisk Industrial 16GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 64GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 128GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 200GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 256GB
  • Sandisk Ultra 400GB
Sony :

• Sony SR UZA 128GB

thanks for the heads up folks and all your effort Agustine. Much appreciated. I've organized me a 64GB.

The issue is the HVEC. h265. I am assuming h264
I am assuming the camera options are listed as-is on the bottom of my tablet. for example MOV container or h264. but when I looked at the clips specs I see hevc color profile also not giving me the expected color profile. i was thinking hows that possible? = check the side dropdown, the codec H265 is selected. FORTUNATELY, I was doing test runs to see. they should have a warning flashing...h264..not really. if h265 is selected as the codec. imagine shooting some stuff and you have to pay big bucks to go back to shoot....not cool.

Your SD Card that came with the Evo is a Class 10 UHS-3 HC I. It writes over 45MB/s and reads at 100MB/s. It should be more than enough to record 4K60 in HVEC either PAL or NTSC.

Some cards do come defective, so try to rule that one out. If problem persists, then your drone is probably the culprit.

Just make sure not to buy a HC II card, since the drone won't recognize it.

Reactions: macoman
thanks, Ansia. I've been doing some quick shots with mov and H264 . these look ok on short bursts. so I am going to try the same shots and see. I am not keen on h265 at all. it's very clunky and doesn't allow for reflex editing. sometimes you have to film edit and deliver within a very short spell.

Reactions: Ansia
i replaced the card same issue. what a disappointment. I expected better quality. the footage is horrific unusable. the first few times I Flew the drone filming was the last thing on my mind. wow it fly's nicely and very stable. impressive. .the last thing I expected was unusable footage. purchased the drone from Drone world Sandton South Africa. so they will have to sort it out. in the meantime. what a appointment.

If you use an ND / PL filter then look no further!
The problem comes from filters polarizing the sensor has trouble managing them and Autel still have not found the solution ...
You just have to use ND filters not ND / PL ...
Thanks

no no filters. this appears to be a sensor malfunction or a data write malfucntion. Autel Robotics advised me to get in touch with the suppliers

OK sorted. new card filmed 25 minutes solid. drone on table. reformat card . films ok. all the shots are filmed flying open also the orbit.

Last edited:
Sandisk Ult 64GB. all the local supplier had in stock . but will get a 128. the cards get full very quickly

Rorysee
Glad you got that figured out. I like your first project!
Someone mentioned that some folks were receiving defective SD cards? Add me to the list!
Yesterday, while flying, I had recorded until the 32G Sandisk card became full. When I tried to transfer the files to the computer using the adapter, the computer could not see it at all. I tried three different laptops, and two adapters but none of them would see it. Then I tried putting it back into the EVO (to possibly reformat it), but it said no SD Card. Brought it to work this morning and tried it on my work computer... It's DEAD Jim...

Will Autel replace it, or is it not worth the effort?

Reactions: Rorysee
Rorysee
Glad you got that figured out. I like your first project!
Someone mentioned that some folks were receiving defective SD cards? Add me to the list!
Yesterday, while flying, I had recorded until the 32G Sandisk card became full. When I tried to transfer the files to the computer using the adapter, the computer could not see it at all. I tried three different laptops, and two adapters but none of them would see it. Then I tried putting it back into the EVO (to possibly reformat it), but it said no SD Card. Brought it to work this morning and tried it on my work computer... It's DEAD Jim...

Will Autel replace it, or is it not worth the effort?
Just buy a new card. They may perhaps replace it, but take this opportunity to get a higher grade/capacity card.

Reactions: Rorysee
Like most in the modern age, I had a handful of SD cards laying around and used another 32G card from an old Samsung phone. It worked perfectly.
However, I spent good money on the kit I bought, and though the cards are cheap, I feel Autel should replace it. So I just sent an email to the support staff
detailing what happened and will see. (Got an automated response almost instantly.)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58