Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO controller disassembly instructions #2

New2ark

Reaction score
I successfully upgraded my RC last night for the 4 HAWKS antennae. it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to separate the controller so I am going to post a pic that may help...Using picks I separated the controller represented by the blue line. i was able to see an area represented by the red line that I "pushed" another flat separation tool in that allowed the RC to pop apart....InkedInked20190122_174359_LI.jpg

Reactions: leshichka
Have you tested it vs previous range at same height and interferences etc?! Curious to know if it’s actually worth it to take the plunge. I can get a good 1.5-2 miles at 400ft on a clear day in my neighborhood. Roughly 5 houses around and 60-80ft trees surrounding the property.

I’m anxious to see!!!! Hopefully it all works out for you! Love this drone as it is but anything that makes it better is worth it

Have you tested it vs previous range at same height and interferences etc?! Curious to know if it’s actually worth it to take the plunge. I can get a good 1.5-2 miles at 400ft on a clear day in my neighborhood. Roughly 5 houses around and 60-80ft trees surrounding the property.

According to the conditions you are describing, sounds great to me.

Im not a big fan of directional antennas, I've never liked the thought of losing connection because I had to turn around for something (my Parrots directional antennae was my least favorite part of it). Having said that, I wouldn't mind buying a separate dedicated remote and install one of these on that- especially since it requires permanent alteration of the remote.

Reactions: mixchief
Im not a big fan of directional antennas, I've never liked the thought of losing connection because I had to turn around for something (my Parrots directional antennae was my least favorite part of it). Having said that, I wouldn't mind buying a separate dedicated remote and install one of these on that- especially since it requires permanent alteration of the remote.
There is always the option of a Titan switch antenna which has various modules to choose from, a couple of different whips plus a couple of different directionals. Surely the cost will be lower in the long run than a 4Hawks plus an additional controller.

I successfully upgraded my RC last night for the 4 HAWKS antennae. it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to separate the controller so I am going to post a pic that may help...Using picks I separated the controller represented by the blue line. i was able to see an area represented by the red line that I "pushed" another flat separation tool in that allowed the RC to pop apart....View attachment 3323
Are there no screws?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody