Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 Pro vs Nano +

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Am loving my Evo 2 Pro (finally), the images from it are great and the video looks lovely too. The only thing that is waring me down a little is the weight as I already have a full camera bag and I'm only getting older.

I am wondering if a switch to the Nano Plus will be my answer?
Any comparisons to the Evo 2 Pro online, or ideas whether I would be best to stick with my Pro?

I am just an amateur at the moment so this is still a hobby though I have done a fair amount of unpaid roof inspections, tried some 3d stuff and done a lot of photography with it. But I do hope to one day be able to use a drone professionally.

Thoughts?

Hi,

I have both (Autel Evo 2 Pro and Nano+). Nano+ camera is fine, especially considering its size. But there are 2 main reasons that make me keep my Evo 2 Pro.:

- Wind resistance: I live in a quite windy area and I need a drone capable of handle easily winds of 30 km/h or more.
- Battery range: for some kind of flights I do I need more than 30 minutes for returning home with a safe battery level. Particularly again when flying in a windy day.

Apart from this 2 aspects, I would like to comment as well that the Evo 2 remote is very comfortable and accurate when talking about setting manual parameters of the camera. If you shot in manual mode quite often you can find the Nano+ a little messy, since you have to adjust the parameters on the screen of the phone/tablet, and you have to release one of the sticks to do it. And adjusting parameters on screen is not so accurate as with the Evo 2 Pro wheel, that goes step by step.

If you have more doubts, please let me know.

Regards

Having both also...
Actually, had...as I have returned up to now 2x Nano+, one was unstable even in hoover, the other had gimbal issues.
But...as I have tested the first one, I can tell that is a good drone for vacations...if...you got NO wind...
Is having a high sensitivity to wind, AUTEL did not implemented the same algorithm like DJI: when you get frontal wind the drone increase power to have same speed and cancel wind speed...no...actually your speed is 100% depending of front wind...
This is the only negative (but a lot of negative) thing tested at Nano+.

The camera is great, the color science for JPG is good, for standard video also, RAW will be tricky to solve for a beginner.

But I will never take another drone that have (as an example) Standard Speed 10mps, the wind in front have 6mps, and I don't get a power boost but only variable speed like from 3mps to 5mps, because the video will look like a drunk monkey...
Any DJI will increase power in order to cancel wind speed...this drone does not do that...just a leaf in wind...
So...Autel engineers need to refine a lot...up to now, same thing: Great camera, poor implementation of drone.

Hi Guys,
Am loving my Evo 2 Pro (finally), the images from it are great and the video looks lovely too. The only thing that is waring me down a little is the weight as I already have a full camera bag and I'm only getting older.

I am wondering if a switch to the Nano Plus will be my answer?
Any comparisons to the Evo 2 Pro online, or ideas whether I would be best to stick with my Pro?

I am just an amateur at the moment so this is still a hobby though I have done a fair amount of unpaid roof inspections, tried some 3d stuff and done a lot of photography with it. But I do hope to one day be able to use a drone professionally.

Thoughts?
unpaid roof inspections still require part 107 to be legal.

If you live in the UK and possibly Europe, my understanding is that from 1st Jan 2023, all legacy drones not over 250g will be classified as c3 category (all), which means you can’t fly closer that 150m to anything outside of your control, at the moment this is largely 50m. So don’t buy anything over 250g or you’ll be somewhat fcuked. I really hope someone knows better!

If you live in the UK and possibly Europe, my understanding is that from 1st Jan 2023, all legacy drones not over 250g will be classified as c3 category (all), which means you can’t fly closer that 150m to anything outside of your control, at the moment this is largely 50m. So don’t buy anything over 250g or you’ll be somewhat fcuked. I really hope someone knows better!
Actualy, January 2024.
Was postponed.

Reactions: Robbybobs

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials