Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 - First Flight & Sample 8K &4K Footage!

Downloaded the 8K and the only player that would play it was MPC-HC.
VLC would not play it. Any of the windows 10 players would play and stop play and stop.

Opened it up in Filmora 9. It is a one minuter video (1GB) and to make proxy files so Filmora9 can edit the video it took almost 20 minutes to make the proxy video. Tried to color grade the video which it did no problem and zoomed into the cars, boat and junk pile off in the right hand corner but when I went to render it out to 4K footage my old computer was not having anything to do with it. It was rendering but I could not do anything else with it. Got to a point I just rebooted.

8 Gig ram and a low end video card will just not cut it. LOL

ouch. 8K. I can feel the pain already. I am so keen to have a go, what interests me is the broader frame so in heavy wind .. it should be amazing. I was blown away ..no pun intended with my Evo during some heavy winds ....just astounding how well it handled. the EVO 2..give you more confidence and focus on filming less and stress with flying.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
YAAAAAAWWWWNNNN..... Is this thing for sale yet, or are we looking to mid-summer?

One thing I noticed that would concern me is that the arms look too thin to support the large heavy body of the drone...

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I took the 8K video file and this time I used DaVinci Resolve. Never made any proxies for editing the file. I did a zoom near the end of the file. Rendered it out to 1080. This time it went pretty darn fast with no problems. Uploaded the 1080 to Youtube if your interested.
My computer is
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 3.30 Ghz
Ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Nividia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
So nothing special and pretty old but it handled 8K with DaVinci Resolve.

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 906 MiB
Duration : 1 min 1 s
Overall bit rate : 124 Mb/s
Writing application : Lavf58.20.100

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L6
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=13
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 1 s
Bit rate : 124 Mb/s
Width : 7 680 pixels
Height : 4 320 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.149
Stream size : 906 MiB (100%)
Title : Autel.Video
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

I took the 8K video file and this time I used DaVinci Resolve. Never made any proxies for editing the file. I did a zoom near the end of the file. Rendered it out to 1080. This time it went pretty darn fast with no problems. Uploaded the 1080 to Youtube if your interested.
My computer is
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 3.30 Ghz
Ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Nividia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

So nothing special and pretty old but it handled 8K with DaVinci Resolve.

Looks reasonable and I like your digital zoom stuff! Thanks

I am between Macs currently, and my Vegas rig is boxed, moving some stuff as my life is in flux... (retiring, was living in two houses, will be down to one shortly!). I was able to play the 4k but not the 8k on the MacBook Pro... (2013) . Will be a while until I can take the time to play with the various NLEs

It's a bit strange for me. The Google Docs folder with 4K and 8K footage file.
4K (1min 17 sec): 964MB size
8K (1min 01 sec): 906MB size

Reactions: Rorysee
Can someone post a frame grab from the 8k footage? No compression?

I also downloaded Drone Valley’s footage. I used an iPad Pro 2018 1TB and Lumafusion. The file for a little over :60 1.24GB.

Downloaded the 8K and the only player that would play it was MPC-HC.
VLC would not play it. Any of the windows 10 players would play and stop play and stop.

Opened it up in Filmora 9. It is a one minuter video (1GB) and to make proxy files so Filmora9 can edit the video it took almost 20 minutes to make the proxy video. Tried to color grade the video which it did no problem and zoomed into the cars, boat and junk pile off in the right hand corner but when I went to render it out to 4K footage my old computer was not having anything to do with it. It was rendering but I could not do anything else with it. Got to a point I just rebooted.

8 Gig ram and a low end video card will just not cut it. LOL

I have managed to render the 8K video down to 4K using Filmora 8, with no problems at all, would not play on my Laptop in 8k format but plays in VLC PLayer and others players that I having 4K on my ASUS X541U with 20GB of memory and a 2GB Nvidia card onboard done it in about 10 mins or so.
I am trying with no luck of uploading the Video here so as everyone can see it can be done with no distortion, but keep getting a line through the file name, what am I doing wrong here, any Ideas, file size is 582MB.

Last edited:
I have managed to render the 8K video down to 4K using Filmora 8, with no problems at all, would not play on my Laptop in 8k format but plays in VLC PLayer and others players that I having 4K on my ASUS X541U with 20GB of memory and a 2GB Nvidia card onboard done it in about 10 mins or so.
I am trying with no luck of uploading the Video here so as everyone can see it can be done with no distortion, but keep getting a line through the file name, what am I doing wrong here, any Ideas, file size is 582MB.
File is to big.

I also downloaded Drone Valley’s footage. I used an iPad Pro 2018 1TB and Lumafusion. The file for a little over :60 1.24GB.
I did same as you using Cyberlink PowerDirector 365. No problems importing 8K/60 and outputting 4K/60. For some reason, the Field video never looked as sharp as the Bay video. I see that in your video also. In the Bay video, I was really impressed with the wave ripples and grasses on the island. Very little pixel clumping even with relatively fast motion.

Resolution1 minute30 minutes
8K Video (7,680×4,320)6 GB194 GB
4K (Ultra HD) 3,840×21602 GB44 GB
2K (2048 x 1080)430 MB13 GB
1080p 1,920×1,080403 MB

I did same as you using Cyberlink PowerDirector 365. No problems importing 8K/60 and outputting 4K/60. For some reason, the Field video never looked as sharp as the Bay video. I see that in your video also. In the Bay video, I was really impressed with the wave ripples and grasses on the island. Very little pixel clumping even with relatively fast motion.
Correct, the bay and tops of trees were sharp, not sure what happened on the fields. Maybe it got overcast and caused tHe softness. The bay & tree tops were sunny & sharp.

Reactions: Rubik3x
That looks extremely dark.
I have no explanation for that, maybe the camera was set on manual. Moments earlier it was nice and crisp on the treetops and then Rick flew down to the road between the trees in the shade and that’s why it’s so dark. Don’t really know. That was the first time Rick had flown the Evo2 and I’m sure he didn’t have time to figure out the camera settings.

All in all, it looks pretty good, but I would like Joe Consumer to test it for about a year or so.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58