Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Customer Service - My experience....

rickdean

Reaction score
Crashed my EVO - Emailed them for a RMA and they responded with a prepaid Fed-X label within hours. Sent to Autel on 9-11 and had it back 10-2. They replaced the camera and gimble and charged me $230. 22 days repair time and they paid shipping both ways seemed pretty fair. I didn't heed the RTH warning and hit some trees and tumbled onto pavement from 20 feet. I was filming in a very loud heavy equipment work area. Crash was totally my fault.

Couldn't ask for better service. Autel always answers the phone and responds to emails within hours. Also they sent my old camera/gimble back....8 of the hair wires had been ripped away.

Rick from Kansas
Broken Evo Camera 1.jpg
Broken Evo Camera 2.jpg

Attachments

• Broken Evo Camera 1.jpg
    Broken Evo Camera 1.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Broken Evo Camera 2.jpg
    Broken Evo Camera 2.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 1
Crashed my EVO - I didn't heed the RTH warning and hit some trees and tumbled onto pavement from 20 feet. I was filming in a very loud heavy equipment work area. Crash was totally my fault.
Couldn't ask for better service. Autel always answers the phone and responds to emails within hours. Also they sent my old camera/gimble back....8 of the hair wires had been ripped away.
I'll bet those construction workers heard your vocal reaction to the crash over the roar of their equipment! (Like Kramer passing the kidney stone at the circus.) ?

Your experience is an example of one of Autel's key selling points that I "bit" on besides the capabilities of the hardware and software. So your recent firsthand experience with Autel service and responses continues to validate my own decision to buy the EVO. Thanks for posting.

Now that you probably have flown the drone again, have you noticed any negative flight time, charging issues or performance effects from the battery that was on the bird? I've read that impacts to the battery, from dropping it or a crash, may have undesirable performance results afterwards. Did you mark that particular battery to "keep track of it" as a precaution? I've got my batteries labeled A, B, C so that I can record each flight and charge cycle as a backup to the smart chip in the battery which could fail and all records lost on a battery when it goes completely dead.

Now you have a spare UV lens for the new camera. I'd hang on to the gimbal and camera in case it can be resurrected in the future in a different Life by some industrious electronics tinkerer. Those are some really tiny wires. I wonder if they even have a gauge designation or just hair wire. :)

My crash battery has a scuff on it. Just flew 2 batteries and including the RTH time remaining I got right at 28 minutes on both. So no battery issue with mine. My only wish on the EVO is a better designed gimble cover. It's hard to make it click on without fumbling. Today I was messing around with Freewill ND filters. ND16 on Sunny downtown buildings was too dark. ND8 was better.

Wish list......A headless mode on the EVO would be fantastic. Coming from a Yuneec Q5004k I found the headless mode very usefull. Headless being no matter the orientation of the drone forward is forward and other controls are as they should be. So.....fly in front of a moving train with the drone/camera facing the leading engine and your drone controls normal.....even though the drone is backward. Also helpful when backing out of trees. Yuneec calls normal mode "angle" and headless mode "smart".

Last edited:
Reactions: Trox
Crashed my EVO - Emailed them for a RMA and they responded with a prepaid Fed-X label within hours. Sent to Autel on 9-11 and had it back 10-2. They replaced the camera and gimble and charged me $230. 22 days repair time and they paid shipping both ways seemed pretty fair. I didn't heed the RTH warning and hit some trees and tumbled onto pavement from 20 feet. I was filming in a very loud heavy equipment work area. Crash was totally my fault.

Rick from Kansas
View attachment 5314
View attachment 5315
Do you still have the old camera/gimbal?

Had a few battery issues with 2 batteries and Autel replaced them right away: I received excellent customer support and this is a big factor in purchasing Autel products. A+++

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58