Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel 2 Pro 6k camera.

Reaction score
Hello all, I have the Evo 2 8k bundle. I ordered the 6k camera separately from B&H camera. When I opened the box for the 6k camera I noticed there was no gimbal cover. I contacted Autel online and they said to contact B&H and they do not sell the 6k cover separately. Anyone else order the 6k camera separately and not receive the gimbal cover. The 8k gimbal cover won’t work different size and shape of the camera. Swapping the cameras was pretty easy except for the tiny philips screws ?. Any ideas on where to order the 6k gimbal cover? Looked online and couldn’t find one.

Spent about 900.00 on the 6k camera and no cover ?

Reactions: PingSpike
Hello all, I have the Evo 2 8k bundle. I ordered the 6k camera separately from B&H camera. When I opened the box for the 6k camera I noticed there was no gimbal cover. I contacted Autel online and they said to contact B&H and they do not sell the 6k cover separately. Anyone else order the 6k camera separately and not receive the gimbal cover. The 8k gimbal cover won’t work different size and shape of the camera. Swapping the cameras was pretty easy except for the tiny philips screws ?. Any ideas on where to order the 6k gimbal cover? Looked online and couldn’t find one.

I've been contemplating on upgrading to the 6K also, what made you upgrade?

My experience exactly! No vendor i have contacted has the 6k gimbal cover. Yes! $900k and no gimbal cover!! Ridiculous! Please! Can anyone help?

Please, too, let’s not have a gimbal cover that costs $50. It should be free for those of us who bought into the Autel camera switch-a-roo thing. I wonder if a gimbal cover comes with the $9k dual thermal camera?

Send it back where you bought it and tell them why, then reorder it. Keep doing this until you get all the pieces that are supposed to be with it.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Or.... try something like this, trying to fit the protective covers either on the EVO 1 or 2 I think causes more stress to the camera mount than not having them, both a bad design, but this is good, they dont move a mm and you wont forget to remove it and it's cheap... a very small piece of Velcro on the underside of the camera body, a piece on the top which I use already to mount a strobe light for in-flight and your away, all bits available from eBay. The wording printed using T shirt print paper... double sided Velcro for the strap... pick your colour.

Attachments

• 20200927_205635.jpg
    20200927_205635.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200927_205705.jpg
    20200927_205705.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200927_205807.jpg
    20200927_205807.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Or.... try something like this, trying to fit the protective covers either on the EVO 1 or 2 I think causes more stress to the camera mount than not having them, both a bad design, but this is good, they dont move a mm and you wont forget to remove it and it's cheap... a very small piece of Velcro on the underside of the camera body, a piece on the top which I use already to mount a strobe light for in-flight and your away, all bits available from eBay. The wording printed using T shirt print paper... double sided Velcro for the strap... pick your colour.
Your velcro reminds me of something like this.
weird-***-front-hair-guy.png

I just ordered one from that aliexpress link above.
I purchased my 6k camera accessory at B&H in New York City, the renown photo-video store. Today, I contacted customer services via email (closed today for Shabbat) and asked them to followup with Autel on getting the "missing" gimbal covers and sending to their us customers. I mentioned it was like selling their cameras without lens caps. B&H has had good customer service. We'll see. I'll get back to you.

Contact Autel again. There was a production batch of "camera onlys" that did not include gimbal covers/locks. They have sent those directly to folks that received cameras without the locks.
Thanks, I’ll contact them today and see what they say and advise.

Reactions: advexure
Hi team. I represent Influential Drones and it's true that the first batches of standalone gimbals were sold without gimbal covers. I personally sold 4 of them to clients before it was brought to my attention that they didn't have gimbal covers on them, and I was outraged. I spoke to our rep at Autel to notify her also and was told that she was going to work on future gimbals being shipped with gimbals on. I was determined to make right by my clients, so was able to get hold of 4 gimbal guards (bearing in mind the 6k, 8k, and Duals all have different guards!) which I sourced and shipped FOC to them with apologies for the inconvenience... I also updated our website listings to reflect that gimbals are shipped without guards for the time being to avoid others being disappointed. This is why it's important to work with distributors who care about their clients. Customer Service makes a difference! For optimal droning results, you are encouraged to purchase products from a vendor or distributor who will defend YOU, the client! (o:
Autel Robotics is a phenomenal brand. We rate their products highly, and they DO listen to their clients and vendors' feedback.
The guards aren't yet widely available for purchase but will be coming soon we are told. An exact price hasn't yet been disclosed, but the EVO I gimbal guards go for $15 each, so there's your benchmark.
I will reach out to my contact to see if additional gimbal guards can be procured for you all tomorrow. Standby for an update. I may not be able to help you each personally since you purchased your drones from other vendors, but I'll certainly be happy to try!
Blue skies and soft landings, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send it back to B&H, order from somewhere else but be sure to ask if it has the gimbal guard!

Hi team. I represent Influential Drones and it's true that the first batches of standalone gimbals were sold without gimbal covers. I personally sold 4 of them to clients before it was brought to my attention that they didn't have gimbal covers on them, and I was outraged. I spoke to our rep at Autel to notify her also and was told that she was going to work on future gimbals being shipped with gimbals on. I was determined to make right by my clients, so was able to get hold of 4 gimbal guards (bearing in mind the 6k, 8k, and Duals all have different guards!) which I sourced and shipped FOC to them with apologies for the inconvenience... I also updated our website listings to reflect that gimbals are shipped without guards for the time being to avoid others being disappointed. This is why it's important to work with distributors who care about their clients. Customer Service makes a difference! For optimal droning results, you are encouraged to purchase products from a vendor or distributor who will defend YOU, the client! (o:
Autel Robotics is a phenomenal brand. We rate their products highly, and they DO listen to their clients and vendors' feedback.
The guards aren't yet widely available for purchase but will be coming soon we are told. An exact price hasn't yet been disclosed, but the EVO I gimbal guards go for $15 each, so there's your benchmark.
I will reach out to my contact to see if additional gimbal guards can be procured for you all tomorrow. Standby for an update. I may not be able to help you each personally since you purchased your drones from other vendors, but I'll certainly be happy to try!
Blue skies and soft landings, people.
UPDATE (10/5/20): My Autel rep was on vacay last week, but back in the office this morning and she said that anyone needing gimbal guards for previously sold standalone gimbals should contact Autel's Customer Support team: 1-844-My-Autel (844)-692-8835 (open seven days a week from 8:00am – 4:00pm (PST)). Go get 'em!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller