Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Australian Evo’s

jack

Reaction score
Was pretty keen on getting the new evo but pricing in Australia is putting it at $1000 ($3500) more expensive than the mav2pro. This is pretty significant, and will probably stifle the entry into our drone market.
Such a shame

How much is the Mavic 2 Pro down in OZ? Up here in the US the Evo is $999 USD and the Mavic 2 Pro $1,750 USD.

Things changed. I thought you were talking about the original Evo. As for the Evo 2 Pro, I imagine it would be around that.

30% more expensive than DJI mavic flagship, seems crazy to me. Im sure it is shipping and taxes, but i would have thought that DJI would be under the same costs. Its either Autel not seriously wanting to come down under, or our local dealers trying to rip us off. Either way, my planned purchase just cant be justified at this price. Its a shame.

30% more expensive than DJI mavic flagship, seems crazy to me. Im sure it is shipping and taxes, but i would have thought that DJI would be under the same costs. Its either Autel not seriously wanting to come down under, or our local dealers trying to rip us off. Either way, my planned purchase just cant be justified at this price. Its a shame.
The Australian dollar is currently worth around 60 US cents. Add shipping and import duty and GST, which is levied on the landed price. I imagine DJI can do better because they have an established market. The Evo 2 specs are better than the Mavic 2 Pro in many ways. Even the Evo 1 blows the M2 away when it comes to video.

Reactions: Roscow31
Shipping? Taxes? That's a big price difference.
He must be talking Aus Dollars, why he doesnt say that is a total mystery, also is it EVO 1 or 2 you are referring to, these are pretty basic questions....

Was pretty keen on getting the new evo but pricing in Australia is putting it at $1000 ($3500) more expensive than the mav2pro. This is pretty significant, and will probably stifle the entry into our drone market.
Such a shame

The Evo 2 Pro is a step up from the Mavic 2 Pro -
Better camera,
Interchangeable camera payload by the user,
far longer 40 minute flight time,
12 obstacle sensors that work in all flight modes,
LED screen in controller (spend another $700 for this with DJI).
To name a few differences.
Your not comparing apples with apples in my opinion.

Reactions: Nightbat2
He must be talking Aus Dollars, why he doesnt say that is a total mystery, also is it EVO 1 or 2 you are referring to, these are pretty basic questions....
As I stated in heading and post, I'm in Australia so assumed it was understood I was talking Australian dollar. I also stated I was talking about the "new" evo so also assumed it was understood iwas talking about the evo2. The big mystery is that I assumed I was being obvious, but that was obviously beyond some people to understand. My error, nothing mysterious or tricky.
My point was not the price in AUD, but the significant price higher than mavic 2 pro here in Australia, in Australian dollars, and the fact that this price difference will effect its sales here in Australia.
As for apples and apples, I do believe these two platforms can be compared. Yes one may be better, but I see them aiming at the same market. Or are you suggesting that the Evo 2 is in a higher bracket that should not be compared to the Mavic 2? \
Bottom line to what I was talking about is that in the U.S. it is cheaper or similar price and in Australia it is 30% more expensive. Yes I understand its to do with trade, but that wont help its sales here

As I stated in heading and post, I'm in Australia so assumed it was understood I was talking Australian dollar. I also stated I was talking about the "new" evo so also assumed it was understood iwas talking about the evo2. The big mystery is that I assumed I was being obvious, but that was obviously beyond some people to understand. My error, nothing mysterious or tricky.
My point was not the price in AUD, but the significant price higher than mavic 2 pro here in Australia, in Australian dollars, and the fact that this price difference will effect its sales here in Australia.
As for apples and apples, I do believe these two platforms can be compared. Yes one may be better, but I see them aiming at the same market. Or are you suggesting that the Evo 2 is in a higher bracket that should not be compared to the Mavic 2? \
Bottom line to what I was talking about is that in the U.S. it is cheaper or similar price and in Australia it is 30% more expensive. Yes I understand its to do with trade, but that wont help its sales here
Yes, I understood your post and believe that my response answered it fairly fully. Right now, I can’t imagine anyone selling too many drones down here. The latest restrictions on personal movement will cool a lot of ardour. What Autel needs to do is break into a targeted market, such as drone training schools, which tend to buy in multiples. Again, not likely to happen while such places are closed. And with councils closing parks and reservations, as some are, a lot of hobbyists will be squeezed for flying space, too.

Yes, I understood your post and believe that my response answered it fairly fully. Right now, I can’t imagine anyone selling too many drones down here. The latest restrictions on personal movement will cool a lot of ardour. What Autel needs to do is break into a targeted market, such as drone training schools, which tend to buy in multiples. Again, not likely to happen while such places are closed. And with councils closing parks and reservations, as some are, a lot of hobbyists will be squeezed for flying space, too.
i agree, your response was fine. It was someone else that seemed to implying I was being mysterious.
As for training, that's exactly what I do. I was planning on purchasing half dozen of the Autels, but the price difference is just to big. for the price of 6 Autel 2s I can (and have just done so) purchase 8 Mavic 2s. At the end of the day its economics, and there are not 2 many operators here that could justify the price difference for what I believe is an equal in the training environment. All of the shipping and GST etc also apply to DJI, which is why we pay more than anyone for that also. But with the 2 in the same market, I don't thing Evo will get a shoe in. Which is a shame, as I do believe it could be a great drone against the mavic.
As for the current market and pandemic, its very bad. A time to consolidate for some but many will suffer greatly. Very sad times.

i agree, your response was fine. It was someone else that seemed to implying I was being mysterious.
As for training, that's exactly what I do. I was planning on purchasing half dozen of the Autels, but the price difference is just to big. for the price of 6 Autel 2s I can (and have just done so) purchase 8 Mavic 2s. At the end of the day its economics, and there are not 2 many operators here that could justify the price difference for what I believe is an equal in the training environment. All of the shipping and GST etc also apply to DJI, which is why we pay more than anyone for that also. But with the 2 in the same market, I don't thing Evo will get a shoe in. Which is a shame, as I do believe it could be a great drone against the mavic.
As for the current market and pandemic, its very bad. A time to consolidate for some but many will suffer greatly. Very sad times.
Question: The Mavic 2 Pro does not have a hardware switch for ATTI does it? If not, how can you train on one to RePL standard?

Atti mode can be added by adjusting parameters in the firmware.
I also train to more than just the RePL, I also train to Cert 3 standard (training.gov.au - AVI30419 - Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)) and setting up for soon to be released diploma level standards. I have a range of platforms for various aspects of training
Does that mean you can assign ATTI to a hard switch—for example, the later Phantoms have a three way switch:GPS, Sport, ATTI?

Does that mean you can assign ATTI to a hard switch—for example, the later Phantoms have a three way switch:GPS, Sport, ATTI?
Atti mode can be added by adjusting parameters in the firmware.
I also train to more than just the RePL, I also train to Cert 3 standard (training.gov.au - AVI30419 - Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)) and setting up for soon to be released diploma level standards. I have a range of platforms for various aspects of training
Looking at that course, it appears to be much the same I did in 2018.

yes it is pretty similar to when we had to basically do the PPL theory for the CASA ticket. Its a qualification that the bigger players (Boeing, Defence etc) are requiring for their RPAS operators. For small operators, they are just going with the RePL and ReOC. Its more of an academic qualification.

yes it is pretty similar to when we had to basically do the PPL theory for the CASA ticket. Its a qualification that the bigger players (Boeing, Defence etc) are requiring for their RPAS operators. For small operators, they are just going with the RePL and ReOC. Its more of an academic qualification.
I had a PPL—long expired—so the theory was mostly familiar.

Reactions: jack

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58