Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ATTI flight mode for Autel EVO

Guntar

Reaction score
Is there a way to fly in atti flight mode?
I was not able to find a place where to turn off the GPS mode, so I can fly in atti mode.
One thing I did like about the dji remote, is that it had a switch that allowed me to quickly switch between flight modes.
I am sure there is a place for GPS, especially if want steady control, but a lot of times when I am high enough, I like to fly in atti. I think that will allow the battery last longer as well. When in GPS mode the drone feels "jerky".

If they had an ATTI mode selectable, I would imagine many many many reports of "lost my drone." New drone pilots that buy an Evo or GPS drone often have no idea in using ATTI mode.

Most users want the drone to be stable since the drones like these are primarily used for their cameras.

I am surprised it does not have ATTI as that is a very common feature on most UAV's and can get you out of trouble. Used to love switching to ATTI mode with the XSP. Goes like a bat out of hell :)

Reactions: konoplya and Guntar
You can’t pass a Remote Pilot’s Licence test in Australia unless you can demonstrate you can fly and land in Atti,which is one reason why flight schools here use Phantoms. I have told Autel about this.

Simply put aluminum foil on top of your AC and it will go into ATTI.
Yes that is a simple work around but my god man Autel needs to get with it and let you guys assign something to those two stupid buttons on the bottom of the RC which could be used to turn off GPS ?

Reactions: Nightbat2
I am surprised it does not have ATTI as that is a very common feature on most UAV's and can get you out of trouble. Used to love switching to ATTI mode with the XSP. Goes like a bat out of hell :)
DJI removed it from the Mavic Series. I really don't understand why they did that. It is a pretty useful mode. Not to mention its really good for training yourself for emergencies.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Yes that is a simple work around but my god man Autel needs to get with it and let you guys assign something to those two stupid buttons on the bottom of the RC which could be used to turn off GPS ?
Apart from any regulatory or legal issues involved with this, how would you get it out of ATTI in mid-flight?

What regulatory or legal issues are you talking about. Lots of UAV's have no GPS and still fly just fine? As for removing the tin foil there is only one option and that is to land and remove.

What regulatory or legal issues are you talking about. Lots of UAV's have no GPS and still fly just fine? As for removing the tin foil there is only one option and that is to land and remove.
In a number of countries (soon to include Australia) all drones over 250g must be registered. That means that in the case of a fly away that results in a crash where people are injured or property is damaged, there could be both legal and insurance issues. If a drone has been “modified”, and affecting its performance with tinfoil could qualify, it would give an insurance company a way out. In the case of a certified pilot here, you are legally bound to report any incident involving damage or injury. Our authority, CASA, could make a case for fining a certified pilot who had done anything that changed the drone manufacturer’s specifications. I understand that a number of drones fly fine without GPS, but that isn’t the same as disabling it intentionally. And yes, I did suspect the only way of removing the foil was to land. But you never know if some forward thinker has come up with a solution :)

I actually suggested this to their support people some time ago and was told it would be forwarded for consideration.

You can’t pass a Remote Pilot’s Licence test in Australia unless you can demonstrate you can fly and land in Atti,which is one reason why flight schools here use Phantoms. I have told Autel about this.

The funny part of your fears is your government wants you to be able to fly without GPS, I would think if you demonstrated to the government that gives you permission to fly then you would be fine.

We were exchanging ideas. I don't believe anyone is dumb enough to actually try it.
There are people out there prepared to try all sorts of dumb things, such as flying in places they shouldn’t. They are part of the reason that regulations are being tightened.
What about using fishing line or a remote controlled unhooker thingy?
Or instead of a drone, an action camera attached to a helium balloon and a very long ball of string.

Reactions: Leon N Gauthier
When I got into RC it was call experimentation, this is how some of UAV's we fly today fly so well. To bad people just want to open a box and go fly and have no idea how this hobby even got started.

Reactions: konoplya
When I got into RC it was call experimentation, this is how some of UAV's we fly today fly so well. To bad people just want to open a box and go fly and have no idea how this hobby even got started.
True. My son found a practically brand new one in his backyard a couple of months ago. It had smashed into a tree and had lost its landing gear, one motor and possibly the detachable camera. He had no way of knowing who owned it
The funny part of your fears is your government wants you to be able to fly without GPS, I would think if you demonstrated to the government that gives you permission to fly then you would be fine.
Ha! you don’t know our bureaucracy. The really crazy part, if you think about it, is that you can’t get a licence without the Atti skills, but you can then go out and fly commercially with a drone that doesn’t have the switch.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE