Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Attaching Marco Polo Tag

hiken

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Marco Polo tracking system? Where and how did you attach your tag to the Evo 2? Thanks!

I don’t use Marco Polo tracking, but I read it’s very popular. I use the Guardian 3G from Trackimo, Mount it at rear leg beside body with most my drones. I suppose the tag can mount here as well, for me it avoids interference from sensors mounting the Guardian 3G here.

Another area I mount the tracker is off the side with Mavic 2Pro, with the issue of swelling batteries in the past I use a bracket to keep battery in place during flight if a battery were to disconnect. The tracker mounts on this bracket, this works well with the Mavics.

That’s great you’re using a tracker, play it safe.

Paul

4A3E1152-4EDF-4F8D-B95D-0DB4E740C89B.jpeg106FF900-1042-4805-9287-769D1E91D36D.jpegF657BC7F-40AB-44AF-88A3-F72747368122.jpeg

Attachments

• D7635831-BD26-4773-8E65-6D3E77D36C25.jpeg
    D7635831-BD26-4773-8E65-6D3E77D36C25.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I will try out that spot. Just an FYI. I am dealing with this on other equipment and it will affect your tracker. 3G is going to be retired by all major carriers. Upcoming 2G and 3G Global Cellular Network Sunset Dates
Yes, my G2 TRACKIMO Was retired then I switched to G3. I knew eventually G3 will probably disappear as well, thanks for the information I’ll be looking for a replacement in the future before my local carrier stops 3G service.

thanks again
Paul

Hiken, Yes! and oddly enough I haven't mounted the tracker yet because of all the oa sensors. So before sitting down and figuring it out I've been looking around to see where other Evo II owners are putting them. I haven't found ANY other user suggestions yet.

On my Evo 1 I have it on self stick velcro, I have the waterproof dog collar model. I have the velcro on the top and on the plastic bracket that comes with the MarcoPolo. Then I can just pop it out of the bracket to charge. Has survived 4 crashes with my first defective Evo and stayed on.
And with MarcoPolo, no cell issues, especially if you fly where there is no service.

Attachments

• marco polo mount.jpg
    marco polo mount.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: romi
On my Evo 1 I have it on self stick velcro, I have the waterproof dog collar model. I have the velcro on the top and on the plastic bracket that comes with the MarcoPolo. Then I can just pop it out of the bracket to charge. Has survived 4 crashes with my first defective Evo and stayed on.
And with MarcoPolo, no cell issues, especially if you fly where there is no service.
Thanks for the info and for the picture. That helps.

Send out a email to Scott Smith. He makes a lot of 3D printed stuff for the EVO I. Maybe he can make some for the Marko Polo like he did for the strobe light mount only bigger for the EVO II.

Question. There is a sensor under the top body panel (I think). Possibly the GPS sensor. Since we sometimes need to use something like hook and loop to attach a strobe or even a tracking device like Marco Polo; will the strobe/etc definitively affect the sensor in that area? If so; how much. If it's a GPS sensor then will it block the satellites or reduce them. Looking for facts; not conjecture.

I just want to be sure before I pick an arm or two to attach the devices. In this picture it kinda looks like the sensor is aft to the lower level of the top panel.

Evo2.disassembled.png

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller