Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Arrived ! Wow impressed so far...

SD_PIlot

Reaction score
I just received the EVO. Wow upon inspection, I was totally impressed with the RC and EVO craft. The feel and weight of the EVO and remote controller appears to be well-built. Looks like a solid machinery.

I own several DJI products an although they're also well-built, I'm very impressed with the EVO build quality. Now to the flight test ! Looking to take some time to fly over the weekend.

Wish they have a multi-battery charging system so charging multiple batteries simultaneously would be possibly.

Reactions: Ansia
Oh okay thanks for the heads up, didn't know.
Ansia should have clarified that you have to modify the Mavic multicharger plugs. It is minimal and can be done in 5 minutes. It 3ntails cutting off a portion of the plastic that surrounds the pins. Do a search in YouTube or maybe even in this forum for instructions.

Reactions: SD_PIlot
Ansia should have clarified that you have to modify the Mavic multicharger plugs. It is minimal and can be done in 5 minutes. It 3ntails cutting off a portion of the plastic that surrounds the pins. Do a search in YouTube or maybe even in this forum for instructions.

Got it thanks. I think for now I'll just charge the batts using the supplied charger then once the Autel multi-battery charger is available for purchase then I'll get one of those.

Upon setting up, noticed no immediate FW required well at least for now. Guess a good place to start is searching for the most current SW FW for the Evo. ;)

Ok good news.

EVO app didn't provide me with an alert to update FW over the air so did it manually. Was able to successfully upload the latest FW - Current Version: 1.3.46

Reactions: Ansia
The gimbal cover is a real pain. It takes some getting used to. Is the one that is sold on the Autel site any better to install and remove?

The gimbal cover is a real pain. It takes some getting used to. Is the one that is sold on the Autel site any better to install and remove?

I found it awkward at first too. Thought I was going to bust the gimbal off. Then I discovered the key to doing it right. You want to set the right-hand tab first (looking at the Evo from the front) into its slot. Then keep pressure against that side as you click in the left tab. In the picture below, the right-hand tab is almost in place.

EvoGimbalGuard.JPG

I found it awkward at first too. Thought I was going to bust the gimbal off. Then I discovered the key to doing it right. You want to set the right-hand tab first (looking at the Evo from the front) into its slot. Then keep pressure against that side as you click in the left tab. In the picture below, the right-hand tab is almost in place.

View attachment 4426

Yeah thanks...after carefully reviewing the slots, I realized the same; it's much better to insert the right side first.

I just received the EVO. Wow upon inspection, I was totally impressed with the RC and EVO craft. The feel and weight of the EVO and remote controller appears to be well-built. Looks like a solid machinery.

I own several DJI products an although they're also well-built, I'm very impressed with the EVO build quality. Now to the flight test ! Looking to take some time to fly over the weekend.

Wish they have a multi-battery charging system so charging multiple batteries simultaneously would be possibly.

View attachment 4415
View attachment 4416
View attachment 4417
Congratulations on your addition. I have been flying the EvO for a year + now. I really like it when I film in the perfect lighting. The video quality is amazing. I keep a few of the quality videos on my 1080p tablet and when someone is curious to see videos I play those. .

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles