Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Apps that Work...or Don't Work on the Smart Controller

MattMPA

Reaction score
I've been. working with my new SC and thus far have found that AirData works, as does Aloft or B4UFly.

Airmap and UAV Forecast do not.

Here's hoping we can share info on apps that work on the S/C...

Why do some apps not work?

I'm guessing some will have Google Services dependencies which might be an issue?

I'm also guessing some won't work because the Android v7 on the SC is too old? Maybe some older versions of currently-modern apps might work ?

Why do some apps not work?

I'm guessing some will have Google Services dependencies which might be an issue?

I'm also guessing some won't work because the Android v7 on the SC is too old? Maybe some older versions of currently-modern apps might work?
Correct on Google Services. I like B4UFly...and last night I found an odd issue with a local TFR that's not yet in effect. Seems that Airmap on the iOS device is better in this regard...but Airmap gives an error a out Google services.

I tried Airmap on-line, and it works. I only tried it on my laptop, but will try on the SC later today. Not ideal, but might be a good workaround.

I've been. working with my new SC and thus far have found that AirData works, as does Aloft or B4UFly.

Airmap and UAV Forecast do not.

Here's hoping we can share info on apps that work on the S/C...
Did you side load the apps via a downloaded apk file? Or install the Google Services Framework and install from the Google Play Store?

Did you side load the apps via a downloaded apk file? Or install the Google Services Framework and install from the Google Play Store?
You can’t use Google services or the Google play store with this controller. So everything is loaded as an apk.

Last edited:
Reactions: mshmovie
I sent an email to Autel's tech support. These folks have always been very helpful, but my reply says that "at this time, 3rd party apps are not supported"...and that they are working on a solution.

I sent an email to Autel's tech support. These folks have always been very helpful, but my reply says that "at this time, 3rd party apps are not supported"...and that they are working on a solution.
If I knew how to restore the smart controller to factory default, I'd follow the same procedure I used with my DJI Smart controller to install the Google Application Services and the play store. I've also done this with Amazon Fire tablets without issue.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
If I knew how to restore the smart controller to factory default, I'd follow the same procedure I used with my DJI Smart controller to install the Google Application Services and the play store. I've also done this with Amazon Fire tablets without issue.
The "default" for the SC does not work with the app services, Google Play, etc. I know this because I put mine into an endless start up loop doing so.

• Wow
So I have a question... all Evo II users that have received a smart controller, have a phone or tablet that no longer needs to act as a screen for the aircraft. Why not just leave the smart controller bare, to do it's dedicated job? Afterall, you do now have a freed up device to load all the apps you want, correct?

So I have a question... all Evo II users that have received a smart controller, have a phone or tablet that no longer needs to act as a screen for the aircraft. Why not just leave the smart controller bare, to do it's dedicated job? Afterall, you do now have a freed up device to load all the apps you want, correct?
Speaking only for myself...my other device is an iPhone 6 Plus that was used for the Evo. (And for another drone I have.)

The bigger screen...without having to also carry an iPad, etc would be helpful if I need to use LAANC, look at AirData, etc. I certainly don't plan to use social media or games on the S/C.

That's pretty much what I do with my Tripltek. I leave it clean with just what is needed to run the apps for the DJI and Autel drones. Anything else will be done on a phone or home computer.

I may get to a point where all the app updates create enough junk files that a clean install of those will be needed. Probably not for years though...

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo
So far, B4UFly and Airdata & Aloft seem to function. UAV Forecast & Airmap do not.

However, it seems if I use Airmap on Chrome...it works.

Last edited:
This is what i use my tripltek for now. All the extra bits an pieces we use when we want to fly are on it and ill be keeping the SC bare

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo
I found the same worked and did not work i asked Autel about upgrading the screen record app (ads are annoying)which you cannot and got the working on solution comment I replied 1200 bucks you couldn’t put a $6.00 app on it Smh

You can’t use Google services or the Google play store with this controller. So everything is loaded as an apk.
What is Apk and how do you do that. I can’t get B4UFLY loaded. Haven’t tried others yet

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller