Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App disconnecting mid flight

c2k5

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice now. My android phone will lose connection and drop all video feed. The drone doesn't lose connection with the controller it's just the app goes haywire. Not crazy bad since I still have the controller screen but highly annoying. I've tried replugging the cord in and restarting the app but it never picks back up. Is there anyway to get the feed going in mid air after this happens? I'm not for sure if it's just a phone issue cause I have a pretty cheap phone (Nokia 3.1)

Sounds like a bad usb cord or connection to be honest. Maybe try another data cable or another phone.

Reactions: Wayne Maine
It could also be the phone. The Nokia 3.1 has a 1.5Ghz processor and 2Gb of RAM. The Explorer app is power hungry. Some phones, when they can't keep up, they just drop the process that is making them sweat. Do you have another device available that you could do some testing?

It could also be the phone. The Nokia 3.1 has a 1.5Ghz processor and 2Gb of RAM. The Explorer app is power hungry. Some phones, when they can't keep up, they just drop the process that is making them sweat. Do you have another device available that you could do some testing?
Not currently. I was thinking the same thing, but the app doesn't crash just the video feed and drone information drop. I was really just wanting to see if anyone else has ran into this. I'll definatly try another device soon, and in 10 full 25 min flights it's only done it twice.

Not currently. I was thinking the same thing, but the app doesn't crash just the video feed and drone information drop. I was really just wanting to see if anyone else has ran into this. I'll definatly try another device soon, and in 10 full 25 min flights it's only done it twice.
Try another data cable.

Reactions: Wayne Maine
I've actually heard devices stopping video feed when it gets to intensive for them.

Yes....this has happened to me a couple of times also.
App stays on the screen, but no video and no data displayed.
I can use the controller, but have no idea where the EVO is or what direction it is facing.
I watch the bird, look at the screen and its gone.
I hit RTH and land, shut everything down and restart everything and its fine.
I have been meaning to get another cable, but have not had the chance.
Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A

I have had this happened to me but they are all from a certain location. It does not happen elsewhere -- when I get disconnected it will come back after a few seconds when it is reconnected (and evo would be flying back home). But on this particular location it does not reconnect at all (but evo flies back). I think it has something to do with interference. Yesterday I went back to that location and no such disconnect happens.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg