Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App Difficult to Connect with iPhone

tjernagel

Reaction score
Every time I go to fly (EVO II Pro) it takes several tries before the Autel Explorer recognizes the App. Seems to be a bug in the software. Sometimes it connects on the first try, sometimes it takes up to 5 times before it's recognized. There isn’t any rhyme or reason when it will connect right off the bat or not. On each try my phone will chime indicating the connection is successfully but the App is flakey... Have tried many different cables (all mostly new) with the same issue. I've got a Smart Controller V2 coming but I shouldn't be having this issue...

My phone is a iPhone 11 Pro Max running IOS 15.3.1.

I have the same iPhone and am having the same problem,,,when it seems screwy I unplug and replug the cable at the iPhone itself when it's complaining not connected and it connects...I have no clue. Thankfully my Smart Controller V2 is being delivered today and the little controller goes into a drawer somewhere to be ]forgotten. BTW, I don't think I ever did get my iPad mini to connect. Go figure.

Same issue here! Just bought this aircraft, and to add to my disappointment that there is no lightning connector included in this $2500 "bundle", after I dragged in my only charging chord which I use in my car that has a USB-to-lightning configuration (most all my apple cords are USB-C to lightning) it also seems to sometimes connect and sometimes not.
*PS. This is aside from the fact that the damn thing won't even connect to the aircraft! I've tried re-pairing it/re-binding it to the controller, but it still doesn't connect! FFS, I can't even fly it yet!

I was having the same problem and then I switch cables and still had the problem of connection. So, I had a 3rd extra cable and for my surprise it connected without issues. I guess my 2 first cables were damaged…maybe you should try different cables I guess.. yesterday I ordered 2 more cables from Amazon and it will arrive today.
[2 Pack] MFi Certified iPhone Charger 1ft Right Angle Lightning Cable Braided Dual L Shape iPad Charger 90 Degree iPhone USB Cable Compatible for iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6, iPad, iPod Amazon.com: [2 Pack] MFi Certified iPhone Charger 1ft Right Angle Lightning Cable Braided Dual L Shape iPad Charger 90 Degree iPhone USB Cable Compatible for iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6, iPad, iPod : Electronics

Hi...be interested to know what luck you have.

Re can't connect to drone...it's a little weird with the little flashy button and all of that...when I did it, I got the drone button flashing and then turned on the controller holding the home & power button until it did it's thing...seemed to work ok. Hope you can figure it out. I did this without having the iphone attached...no clue
if that's relevant.

Hello I just purchased a Autel Evo lite plus and I’m having issues connecting it. I’m using the supplied lightning cable. What would you suggest for me to do to get it connected

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d