Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Apache 3800 Hardcase

MSAllen

Reaction score
Hello Autel pilots, new guy here...
Thanks to all who posted the thread about the Apache 3800 hardcase from Harbor Freight! With an online coupon provided on their website, I was able to pick up the case for under $30, and used the original foam from the Autel packaging to hold the aircraft. I left room for the multicharger when I finally make that purchase... Again, thank you for your posts. Great case and only a fraction of the price of the Autel hardcase! 20200306_211715.jpg

I also bought the Apache 3800, I bought mine during the Parking lot sale. With that and a Harbor Frieght coupon it cost out the door or shall I say off the Parking lot $24.00 and change. I happen to fit mine to the Mavic 2 Zoom. I fitted it for 4 Batteries + a battery for the Crystal Sky mounted to the controller and a Accessory slot a complete Charger slot, well I will take a picture of it and post it.

Reactions: MSAllen
Hello Autel pilots, new guy here...
Thanks to all who posted the thread about the Apache 3800 hardcase from Harbor Freight! With an online coupon provided on their website, I was able to pick up the case for under $30, and used the original foam from the Autel packaging to hold the aircraft. I left room for the multicharger when I finally make that purchase... Again, thank you for your posts. Great case and only a fraction of the price of the Autel hardcase! View attachment 6428
Can you take a pic without anything in it, so I can see how you made your holes?

Do you think you could fit another battery and the 4 battery hub?

Can you take a pic without anything in it, so I can see how you made your holes?

Do you think you could fit another battery and the 4 battery hub?

Here is the updated pic. I took other's recommendations and bought 2 cans of "Plasti-dip" to spray on the foam. There is also a decent YouTube video on how to apply this to the foam. I think I might have applied too much but overall the foam is now extremely solid. I am confident that the apache 3800 would have space for more batteries. In this pic, I also made room for the charging hub, which mine arrives this week. When designing the foam, you have to map everything out first, and then be careful as you pull out the squares. The Plasti-Dip solidifies all of the squares to prevent ripping out once the final design is achieved. Overall, I think this case will do just fine and keep the Evo in good shape!

Attachments

• 20200309_220811.jpg
    20200309_220811.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
Here is the updated pic. I took other's recommendations and bought 2 cans of "Plasti-dip" to spray on the foam. There is also a decent YouTube video on how to apply this to the foam. I think I might have applied too much but overall the foam is now extremely solid. I am confident that the apache 3800 would have space for more batteries. In this pic, I also made room for the charging hub, which mine arrives this week. When designing the foam, you have to map everything out first, and then be careful as you pull out the squares. The Plasti-Dip solidifies all of the squares to prevent ripping out once the final design is achieved. Overall, I think this case will do just fine and keep the Evo in good shape!
Thanks!

Do you think the weight would be way off if the drone was all the way to one side?
I'm thinking about picking up one of these, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of the size. I'd like to fit 3 batteries (plus one on drone), the charging hub, extra props, and ND filter case. Looking at it, it seems like there's a little wasted space between the controller and drone. Maybe if I went all the way to one side I could use the space on the other side. My ND case would probably fit in a slot as wide as one square, so clearing even one more row of squares would help.

I certainly didn't maximize the space (hence even using the foam insert from the original packaging). My charging Hub arrived today and it fits the new spot I created PERFECTLY! Not sure about what moving the drone to the side would do. I just followed the recommendations of those that have done this previously and I can verify that this is a great set up.

So I went out and bought one yesterday. Got it all trimmed up tonight. I still need to do the plasti dip coating but that will probably be this weekend. I tried to get the most in there. The empty slot will probably hold more cables, and most likely I will leave a battery on the drone so the slot below the empty one will have other stuff like lens cloth and spare blades. I laid the controller flat because I like to pull it out by the phone holder. I will add a little block to sit on top of the controller to hold it and protect the sticks when the lid is closed.IMG_20200312_224834.jpg

So I went out and bought one yesterday. Got it all trimmed up tonight. I still need to do the plasti dip coating but that will probably be this weekend. I tried to get the most in there. The empty slot will probably hold more cables, and most likely I will leave a battery on the drone so the slot below the empty one will have other stuff like lens cloth and spare blades. I laid the controller flat because I like to pull it out by the phone holder. I will add a little block to sit on top of the controller to hold it and protect the sticks when the lid is closed.View attachment 6459
Looks great!

Looks great!
It ended up being a little tight on top of the charger when I closed the lid so I had to change it to lay the charger down. It now joins the slot that was below it, but it actually works a little better now for cables. IMG_20200312_231344.jpg

It ended up being a little tight on top of the charger when I closed the lid so I had to change it to lay the charger down. It now joins the slot that was below it, but it actually works a little better now for cables. View attachment 6464
Good stuff... get 2 cans of plast-dip, pull out the 2 layers of foams inserts and coat everything well. Take 20-30 minute breaks between coats. The first 2 coats will absorb into the foam. Again, I think I went possibly too heavy, but I know this case and the inserts will travel well and protect our Evos!

received_1132130403843127.jpeg

Attachments

• received_1214317445443081.jpeg
    received_1214317445443081.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 20
  • received_1835060946638799.jpeg
    received_1835060946638799.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 19
Mine has been airing out since I finished with the plasti dip. The foam shrunk up some from the coating. Everything is nice and snug now. I glued the top and bottom pieces of pick and pull foam together. The color is more uniform than it looks in the pic. I used gray plasti dip.

I think I can still fit some spare props in there. I think I'm going to do the shipping slip envelope trick under the top foam for memory cards. May put blades in there as well, not sure.IMG_20200318_195836.jpg

Mine has been airing out since I finished with the plasti dip. The foam shrunk up some from the coating. Everything is nice and snug now. I glued the top and bottom pieces of pick and pull foam together. The color is more uniform than it looks in the pic. I used gray plasti dip.

I think I can still fit some spare props in there. I think I'm going to do the shipping slip envelope trick under the top foam for memory cards. May put blades in there as well, not sure.View attachment 6501
Robyroad that looks outstanding! Makes me want to get some new foam and redesign! ??? You can definitely store SD cards and props in the top in a packing envelope... Great work bud!

Robyroad that looks outstanding! Makes me want to get some new foam and redesign! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] You can definitely store SD cards and props in the top in a packing envelope... Great work bud!
Thanks. The charger slot didn't quite work out the way I had originally designed it, so I ended up connecting two holes I had made. It can go in horizontal or vertical, but there's more room for other things if it goes vertical. The lid seems to close tighter when it's vertical but it may be ok. The pic below is with it vertical.

To those who put their charger in vertical, do you think the lid presses down too hard on it or am I worrying about nothing?IMG_20200318_200939.jpg

I keep mine vertical. It's well padded so shouldn't be a problem. I have ordered a 3rd battery so I'll most likely store that on the Evo.

I tried this out too. I got the Apache 4800 case for a little bit more room. I think it turned out ok.

Attachments

• 0D15C742-45C8-48A3-8E58-6DF75B5D5914.jpeg
    0D15C742-45C8-48A3-8E58-6DF75B5D5914.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves