Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anyone in the Reno area

Hey Paul, I'm in Vegas and would love to get together and fly if you are ever this way or we ever go up North. Shoot me an email if you would like to get together. [email protected]

As far as range extenders go, I use the 4Hawks raptor. It's worth every penny in my opinion. I've had the Drone over 3 miles out during my testing. I do not fly that far normally. I use the four Hawks not so much for distance but for penetration through local noise. They have never failed me. I have never once had an issue where I had a weak signal warning let alone ever lost connection Even during the 3 mile flight. I'm confident I could have gone farther but I did not have enough battery.

You have to modify the controller but I just watched a few videos online and it was fairly straightforward and simple. Just take your time and be careful if you choose to do the modification yourself.

Alienware makes amplified range extenders that are powered, which will give an even stronger signal, but they are almost double the price of the 4Hawks and in my opinion are overkill for my needs. Another great feature I like about the 4Hawks is the connection. If you choose not to use the four 4Hawks or just need to get up in the air quickly for a very short flight, you can just screw whip antennas on each of the posts and they work great for a quick up and down flight.

I would suggest doing a little research on the internet and choosing the solution that works best for your needs.

Looking for reno pilots and tips on range-extending tips that work!

Paul Burke,
Hi Paul I am not sure if you are still interested but I am new to drones. I just purchased an EXO Rnager7 Plus and I am learning how to fly it. I am looking for meetups or a community of drone folks here Reno. Thanks Damo

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Football Bat