Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

anyone from down under still here?

Yes, up on the north coast. Strong winds, bushfires and smoke don’t make for good flying.

Good news.

Yes, all good here. We get plenty of CFA sirens going off in summer (mostly numbskulls throwing ciggy butts out of windows on the Hume), which keeps us on our toes, but its only on those big hot windy days does out PTSD kick in. We did have a near evacuation this weekend as some bloke 150metres away thought it was a good day to burn off, being a total fire ban day and all with gusting northerly winds. We live the foothills of the Great Dividing Range so its fair to say, we have trees around us. 9 trucks later with our grab bags in hands and vehicles warming up ready to go, it was brought under control. He will likely and deservedly get charged. cray cray.!!!

Reactions: Nightbat2
Good news.

Yes, all good here. We get plenty of CFA sirens going off in summer (mostly numbskulls throwing ciggy butts out of windows on the Hume), which keeps us on our toes, but its only on those big hot windy days does out PTSD kick in. We did have a near evacuation this weekend as some bloke 150metres away thought it was a good day to burn off, being a total fire ban day and all with gusting northerly winds. We live the foothills of the Great Dividing Range so its fair to say, we have trees around us. 9 trucks later with our grab bags in hands and vehicles warming up ready to go, it was brought under control. He will likely and deservedly get charged. cray cray.!!!
We were evacuated once in 21 years of living in the Blue Mountains—mainly because I was injured and didn’t feel up to another potential fight’. Up to then we’d just prepared and waited. For some of those years I was a member of the RFS. Two years ago we moved north because of the kinder climate on the north coast.

Reactions: Props McGavin
We were evacuated once in 21 years of living in the Blue Mountains—mainly because I was injured and didn’t feel up to another potential fight’. Up to then we’d just prepared and waited. For some of those years I was a member of the RFS. Two years ago we moved north because of the kinder climate on the north coast.
After surviving Black Saturday, by a degree or two of wind, fate, karma, whatever, I learnt there is no house or possession worth saving over life, and sometimes fires are un-fightable.

Thought I post this here for us Straylians :)

I’d be keen to hear or see how you go about your storage/travel ideas.

Still going strong after 6 months of getting fairly rough treatment. I used the original foam insert from AUTEL. Purchased the case from evolution gear for $120sh delivered quickly. Took about 2-3 hours to construct.

CD66B185-25E0-42E9-BD72-B1118770B693.jpeg

Hi guys, I,m on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Sad to see Kangaroo Island, Australia's 3rd biggest island almost wiped out to date.

I bought a Toolpro hard case from Super Cheap Auto. Worked a treat. They had them on special for 29 bucks. I like the EVO pack recycling.

Reactions: Props McGavin
Hi guys, I,m on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Sad to see Kangaroo Island, Australia's 3rd biggest island almost wiped out to date.

I bought a Toolpro hard case from Super Cheap Auto. Worked a treat. They had them on special for 29 bucks. I like the EVO pack recycling.

Beaut spot to live mate.
Crazy time and crazy fires.

Yep..and Feb is yet to arrive?
Very fond of SA. Almost got the job as news director of Ch9 in Adelaide in the late 80s. The timing wasn’t quite right. Really sad about Kangaroo Island, one of my favourite places.

I,m afraid it will take a generation or two of humanity before they see what KI looked like before the fires.

It will never be the same as it was before. Each wildfire changes the landscape to something different that what it was before. Main thing now is watching for bugs attacking trees and spreading throughout the rest of Australia and killing more trees.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials