Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any tricks to closing SD card door?

AndrewS

Reaction score
I love most things about my EP2 but one bit that I'm not happy with is the ridiculous door cover for the SD card slot. It simply won't stay closed and when I try to push it shut the SD card pops up. It feels like the door is made by Mattel. I've thought of taping it shut but it feels absurd that I should have to do that. Any ideas?

I love most things about my EP2 but one bit that I'm not happy with is the ridiculous door cover for the SD card slot. It simply won't stay closed and when I try to push it shut the SD card pops up. It feels like the door is made by Mattel. I've thought of taping it shut but it feels absurd that I should have to do that. Any ideas?
1. Make sure that the microsd card clicks into place, dont just assume its clicked in.
2. Unless damaged, the outer door/cover for microsd should clip into place easily, just make sure that per above, the microsd is clicked into place and not blocking the door from closing.
3. If still having issues after making sure microsd is clicked into place and door wont stay closed, put some tape over it.

One final note, I put an up arrow with a sharpie next to microsd door on all my aircraft as some have upwards, some have card downward, that way I remember which way to put card in and make sure it latches/clicks into place.

1. Make sure that the microsd card clicks into place, dont just assume its clicked in.
2. Unless damaged, the outer door/cover for microsd should clip into place easily, just make sure that per above, the microsd is clicked into place and not blocking the door from closing.
3. If still having issues after making sure microsd is clicked into place and door wont stay closed, put some tape over it.

One final note, I put an up arrow with a sharpie next to microsd door on all my aircraft as some have upwards, some have card downward, that way I remember which way to put card in and make sure it latches/clicks into place.
same here but rather than mark my drone permanently, i use a colored sticky dot. im doing this for batteries, cables, ports....pretty much everything is color coded to indicate presence or direction because im tried of trying to jam thing in the wrong way or trying to figure out which one of the 9 ports is which or how to slide in batteries, etc. a microsd card has a colored label side and a black/gold side so the colored dot indicates direction.

ultimately i have included a step in my takeoff checklist to reformat the microsd card....

Reactions: gschulzuio

The door is extremely flimsy, the key to working with it is to treat it with extreme care from day one. If you don't, the rubber will stretch or the door could break off. I really take my time with it and nudge it open, and slowly eject or insert the card, I then nudge it back into place. Definitely a terrible design but with extreme care it works ok.

I keep the MicroSD door covered with a 1-1/2" x 1/4" strip of black Gaffer's tape stuck on vertically, and that has the top end tabbed by folding the last bit back over on itself so it's easily peeled back. (Been doing this since day one, V1 has an underwhelming urethane plastic strap that's a known failure point. Just not interested in sending my drone in once it breaks for something so minor and so easily remedied.)

Reactions: EBEPLS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d