Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any one mod the gimbal control?

mdelrossi

Reaction score

New Evo user here.
it’s a great drone with an amazing camera for the size.

I’m having difficulty moving the gimbal smoothly with the scroll wheel while bringing the drone down or up.
Using the same hand limits the smoothness.
I was thinking about getting a new stick and wiring up to the gimbal control, and putting it on the back of the other side, that way when moving the gimbal I can use both hands

any thoughts?

thanks
mdr

New Evo user here.
it’s a great drone with an amazing camera for the size.

I’m having difficulty moving the gimbal smoothly with the scroll wheel while bringing the drone down or up.
Using the same hand limits the smoothness.
I was thinking about getting a new stick and wiring up to the gimbal control, and putting it on the back of the other side, that way when moving the gimbal I can use both hands

any thoughts?

thanks
mdr

It really just takes practice, every single controller I have held to date has the gimbal wheel in the same position and operates the same way. If you spend hours practicing using the controller the way it is, you will get the hang of it.

One thing I do to improve my footage is I go into the app and change the gimbal speed depending on what I am filming. For most filming I set the gimbal speed to 10 for when I want smooth cinematic tilt up/down motion. For faster subjects such as faster moving cars and boats or for faster footage, I change the tilt speed to 50.

I never advise modifying the controller because the very next drone you buy or the next version of the controller will be back to starting over because the button will be back in the same place, not to mention you void the warranty and possibly damage the controller; that's why its always better to just learn to use what they provided.

The other thing that will greatly help is improving your filming and editing techniques. If you start your pedestal up/down first; then gradually add the gimbal tilt up/down to the motion until the two match; and hold that combination of camera movements for about 15s then in editing cut that 15s down to the 5-10s you need.....you will have what you need for your project.

I will admit the gimbal control wheel is not as smooth as DJI's and can be a little more difficult to be precise, but its definitely still useable.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy