Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any hints of a firmware upgrade?

ccadden

Reaction score
Since the October 2022 upgrade that included Dynamic Tracking, I was hoping we might see a further update. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen/heard any hints of this?

Personally, I'd like to see Dynamic Tracking improved and maybe the option of saving some camera settings so they don't have to be changed every time the drone is in flight. I'm guessing some folk want the possibility of using the Smart Controller?

I wouldn't hold my breath on Autel perfecting the dynamic tracking feature. It has always been less than ideal. I decided to not use it with Autel drones after testing it on my Evo 2P V1 a year ago. It's just too erratic and all over the place. I got lucky and it didn't crash but I never used it again. I won't use it with the Nano+ either.

I've uploaded a couple of videos from the Nano+ in DT mode. They're always better than that, but could be improved.

However, there are other software changes I'd like to see too, hence the more generic question.

Yes, the DT must be improved, but there are other (more simple) things that should be corrected.. , the possibility to change camera setting when is not in fly, the auto storage settings (that is fixed at 3 days) and, very important, the possibility to read individual cells voltage during the fly, as in the autel explorer app!

I dont see any more enhancements happening for the Nano given the fact they they have slashed the price... this leaves very little profit (if any?) to be used for development. Maybe if they have a Nano2 coming it could fund further development but they seem to be going more industrial in terms of focus..

RD Team does not work on Nano+ anymore.
Is final....all shitty interface and tracking BS will remain like this.

how do you know that? will there be a successor?
We don't know for sure but their actions are strongly suggesting they won't compete in consumer "fly cam" market for the short term at least.

1. Cancelled plans for adding Nano and Lite support to Smart Controller SE.
  2. Removed 10-bit recording on Evo 2 Pro V3 in favor of greater low light capabilities (called 'nightmode' for surveillance..
  3. Significant price cuts on Nano and Lite (fire sale?
Hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Eagle928
We don't know for sure but their actions are strongly suggesting they won't compete in consumer "fly cam" market for the short term at least.

1. Cancelled plans for adding Nano and Lite support to Smart Controller SE.
  2. Removed 10-bit recording on Evo 2 Pro V3 in favor of greater low light capabilities (called 'nightmode' for surveillance..
  3. Significant price cuts on Nano and Lite (fire sale?
Hope I am wrong.
That's pretty much what I'm seeing and thinking too. They might be thinking it isn't worth the trouble for the profit they make. At the fire sale price they have going on now, they can't be making much if any which means they won't have funding for future R&D.

RD Team does not work on Nano+ anymore.
Is final....all shitty interface and tracking BS will remain like this.
better not to comment next time

New Features​

• Added ATTI mode for the Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations​

• Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the camera algorithms and color display
  • Optimized the gimbal self-checking process
  • Fixed the over-discharged battery charging issue on the Nano aircraft
  • Fixed the no-fly zone display issue
  • Fixed other known issues

!! You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware update !!

Reactions: kelly1
They have surprised me this time..

I have noticed now that when in photo mode if I choose 4:3 ratio it will take the photo but the live display will only show the cropped 16:9 view so its hard to tell exactly what the shot will look like.

Reactions: Jerrydrake

I have noticed now that when in photo mode if I choose 4:3 ratio it will take the photo but the live display will only show the cropped 16:9 view so its hard to tell exactly what the shot will look like.
Thank you for the info.. Did you notice differences/improvements as flying capabilities, photo/video , ecc?

this problem has existed since the first version... never fixed... to take photos in 4:3 I first have to go to the panorama menu, frame, go back to the photo menu and then shoot... irritating...

this problem has existed since the first version... never fixed... to take photos in 4:3 I first have to go to the panorama menu, frame, go back to the photo menu and then shoot... irritating...
It's strange I did not notice before.. Just tried with the Lite+ and it switches frame like it should.. 3x2 to 19x9

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller