Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Antenna Positions

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
Does anyone know what position the antennas work the best? I've seen the video where they guy says to point them down and away from each other but I haven't had a chance to fly since I seen the video. All the way back and in between my phone and the controller is the best so far.

Last edited:
Thanks! I haven't seen that illustration. I guess when the drone is a long distance away from the controller, pointing them down would be suitable as to the illustration. Depending on the angle that one holds the controller.

Thanks! I haven't seen that illustration. I guess when the drone is a long distance away from the controller, pointing them down would be suitable as to the illustration. Depending on the angle that one holds the controller.

I would think if the bird is a long distance away the antennas should be more vertical (compared to the ground). If it's directly above, then horizontal to the ground?

How about pointing antennas downward?
I see some people doing that

How about pointing antennas downward?
I see some people doing that
It seems to me that the important thing is to have the antennas as perpendicular as possible to the A/C. You could achieve that by pointing the antennas either downward or upward, although pointing them downward might make it easier to achieve.

Reactions: gski
Yes! Downward is the only way you can get the antennas perpendicular with the drone while still being in comfort. I did try them in between my phone and the controller with close to the same results. I've flown quite a bit since this post and downward and actually slightly away from each other seems to help. I'm not taking any credit as to "finding" the best antenna position. I seen it or read about it while on YouTube. But it does seem to work the best! Saying all that, it does depend somewhat on the altitude of the drone.

Reactions: mixchief and gski
What do I think of the signal boosters the ones that go over the antenna?

What do I think of the signal boosters the ones that go over the antenna?
Though I have yet to use them with the EVO, they increased range by 30% and improved reliability of video signal on my Inspire 1. However there are tradeoffs. The "parabolic" reflectors turn omnidirectional antennas into directional antennas, the beam width is very narrow making it necessary to always be pointing directly at the A/C. That said $5 for a 30% increase is a great value.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials